Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

What is your favorite soda?

A lot of people have a favorite drink of theirs, whether it be soda, or apple juice, or milk, or tea, or beer (I've never had beer because I'm not old enough, and I don't plan on ever drinking beer in my entire life for personal reasons that I would rather not get into), or just good old water.

But, in the world of soda, people usually have only one favorite. I'll start with mine. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper. Seriously, I can't stand the taste of Pepsi or Coke. I do like Mountain Dew, but I rarely get the chance to drink it. Mello Yello is okay, but it's also a rare occasion to taste one.

What about you? Do you have a favorite soda? Or are you one of those "I'll only put healthy stuff in my mouth" kind of people and you don't drink soda at all?

I very rarely drink soda and I don't really know why, because I actually like the taste of some of them, it's a pretty casual thing for me. However I think it's a good thing since it can be pretty bad for the teeth because of its abusive amount of sugar...

I used to drink Jones Soda berry lemonade flavor, but since I wanted to lose weight, I discard it out of my usual routine. I prefer drinking lemon lime seltzer water nowadays.

307895079_ThePopofKings.jpg.acd4402254824c3c2aa41513e9b8970f.jpg

I've met some people who live in Sweden, and it genuinely made me sad when I found out that they'd never heard of Root Beer.

When I used to drink sodas, I liked the fruity flavored ones, lemon-lime, orange, grape, strawberry, and so on, but not pineapple, which was too sweet for me even then. When I was diagnosed with Diabetes, I chose to drink water rather than sugar-free sodas because I never liked the taste of artificial sweeteners. I don't drink fancy bottled or filtered water, either, just plain refrigerated tap water. When I have an occasional soda now, it tastes too sweet for me, and I don't enjoy the carbonation, either.

When I was little I was drinking a ton of Coca Cola. So much, that it destroyed my entire front row of teeth. I have a set of fake ones in there now. Naturally I don't drink it so much anymore - almost never in fact - and switched to beer. If I drink a coke these days it amazes me, how incredibly sweet it tastes.

Vanilla Coke, but I mostly buy Pepsi Max because it's cheaper and tastes better than regular over here for some reason.

Water. This has been asked before.

I prefer coca-cola but I rarely drink pop/soda anymore. All I drink now is water or coffee and very rarely a soda. I had my soda consumption down to one a week just because I didn't want to be drinking all that crud. Then I ended up going to the doc for a pain in my foot. Ended up getting blood work done... long story short is, no diabetes, no gout, and had some deficiencies with iron, cholesterol, etc... was suggested to lose 10 lbs. Lost 12 lb, got rechecked and everything is normal now. I have a case of coke here but haven't touched it in a couple months. I cut out drinking juice too, that stuff is as sugary as soda sometimes. Cut back on the crap, eating more healthy, lost weight and feel way better.

Years ago I used to make my own rootbeer. They sold hires rootbeer extract in the stores. That stuff made awesome soda. I used to make a batch for the summer but then they stopped making it. You can get diff extracts for making pop but I don't bother with it anymore. Ahh the good olde days tho. haha.

Only sparkling water.

If it's got sugar or a sugar substitute of any sort in it, I'm not going anywhere near it. I remember as a kid dropping a two litre cola bottle on the floor. When it dried out, I couldn't believe the amount of crappy residue that was left behind. "What, all that shit was in there?" So I tend to regard this whole genre as "water, sugar, poison, colour", which tends to sum up the ingredients too. Perhaps they put all that crap in there to disguise the fact that the water they are using isn't very good to start with.

Jolt Cola.

For years this relic of my youth was one of those things that kept me going all night long, and all weekend long. Towards the end, it was even shaped like a freaking battery, which is probably one of the best marketing gimmicks ever.

Jolt_Cola_0001.jpg

Sadly as I entered my twenties, it faded away.

But apparently it came back out last year, sold as single cans in Dollar General and as four-packs on Amazon.

Definitely need to get me some of this...

Otherwise, I'm partial to Cherry Coke, Pepsi with Sugar (not to be confused with normal Pepsi which is HFCS), with the occasional Sprite, Squirt, Dr. Pepper, or Mountain Dew for variety.

Once in a great while, RC Cola.

Coca-Cola is fine too, I just live in one of the few places Pepsi has a legit stranglehold over Coke in the US.

38 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Coca-Cola is fine too, I just live in one of the few places Pepsi has a legit stranglehold over Coke in the US.

I accidentally misread "stranglehold" as "Stronghold".

How? I don't know. That's a good question.

I like a lot of different soda flavors. Coke and Pepsi, especially the cherry variety. Mountain Dew Code Red, though I haven't drank that for a long time. Fruit punch soda, especially Tahitian Treat. Sunkist. I'll drink Sprite/7-Up if nothing else is available. I used to enjoy grape soda, but now it just reminds me of Dimetapp. I hate ginger ale and don't care much for Dr Pepper. Club soda is for cleaning stains.

I do try to reduce my soda drinking by not having any at home, or drinking a small cup when eating out.

Regular Pepsi is my all-time favorite. Although I like coke too, I think Pepsi is better(oooo unpopular opinion!!1!). 

Schweppes citrus would probably be my second favorite. It's like Sprite, but doesn't make me sick after 4 swigs of it, since Sprite is too sweet for my taste.