Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 41 - I STILL EXIST

Previous session.

Long story short, shit went down over the past few weeks. I ain't gonna drop the ball just yet though and I'm pleased to inform you that the 41st session will occur on the 24th of November at 7PM Eastern Standard Time. Links will be provided to the server before the session starts and theme suggestions are always welcome.

/me flops.

I'll have to bow out for this one, since family members will be in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. Have a good time.

THE LIST OF TEN APPROACHETH

-Instantly lowering and raising floors and ceilings only

-Map that populates itself after pressing a switch

-100 lines

-Creative use of invulnerability spheres

-Silence please: shooting teleports in monsters

-10 sectors

-Creative use of Action 242 in Boom

-Arch-Vile jumps used in progression

-Plutonia-themed: using the IWAD and the signature styles of Plutonia

-THE BEES

I'm doubtful I'll be able to attend this session, unfortunately. Likely won't be hosting the second half. Have fun, though!

10 hours ago, Obsidian said:

-THE BEES

What? I'm sure I've missed something somewhere in the past, but what is this?

Even though I can't participate this month, I like 2 and 5. I think both of those have the potential to be quite interesting and would love to see what people did with them.

28 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

What? I'm sure I've missed something somewhere in the past, but what is this?

This one is between me and Marcaek. You'll find out...eventually...

=)

I might exist for the second session after all. Assume that one will happen! Twelve hours after the first, as per usual. See you on the Discord.

Excellent stuff! Regarding the first session we have a little over twelve more hours until it hits. :)

The Discord link no longer works... can we have another?

Also, uh, you mean it's already started? Wasn't it supposed to start at 7 PM EST?

Annnnd we are DONE! Fifteen minutes for testing starts now.

And @JudgeDeadd, the Discord link is posted 2 hours before the first session starts and lasts for that 24 hours. Jimmy's doing the follow-up session 12 hours after this one though, so you can still catch that!

Sorry for the late post- was making the intermission and fixing something :P

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Name: Dip your Toes (In fire)
Music: Mystic Mansion - Sonic Heroes
Time: 2 hours and a lil bit I guess
Wad contains the INTERPIC and the Intermission music as well! :)

OUR THEME IS:

Archvile jumps used in mandatory progression.

AND/OR:

"Silence please." Firing your gun will awaken enemies, and the objective is last as long as possible in the map without firing your weapon.

- Ideally these enemies can teleport in, but I will also allow you to place visible enemies that are simply dormant in the map.

- You can use sound tunnels or merged sectors (the quicker way) to teleport enemies in.

- Alternatively you can have an enemy (like a pinkie) in a distant dummy sector cross a walk-over line when awoken that triggers other specials in the map, like doors closing or the lights going out!

- Be creative!

GET PLANNING! You have 15 minutes to gather resources, pick out a name/MIDI, draw your layout on paper, etc.

Again, there's no mandatory texture pack this time round.

Edited by Jimmy

Planning time is over! GET MAPPING! You have 2 hours to map, followed by 15 minutes to playtest and bugfix.

Name: Blazed Blu

Music: "Let's Go" by Bjorn Lynne

Build Time: 2 hours

Themes: Silence

Textures: Some graytall and fireblu edits by Fuzzball :)

Small session this month, but that just means that compiling is easier. :P Here's the streaming beta for anyone inclined: the map names are the names of the mapper responsible and the map order will be changed in the polished release.

Some really nice maps this time around, big ups to everyone who contributed.

11 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Small session this month, but that just means that compiling is easier. :P Here's the streaming beta for anyone inclined: the map names are the names of the mapper responsible and the map order will be changed in the polished release.

Some really nice maps this time around, big ups to everyone who contributed.

My map seems to be missing ;P

1 hour ago, JudgeDeadd said:

My map seems to be missing ;P

Ah, apologies! I didn't think you were participating in session 1 and only grabbed maps from the server. Would you be able to provide a link that doesn't demand that I turn off my adblock please?

23 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Ah, apologies! I didn't think you were participating in session 1 and only grabbed maps from the server. Would you be able to provide a link that doesn't demand that I turn off my adblock please?

I'll just attach it

abysped_a2v.zip