Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

How could the expeditions into hell not realize it was hell?

I am talking about the original teams sent into hell to bring back demons for research. I mean, the first thing you see is a giant skeleton on fire surrounded by rivers of lava, followed by demonic gargoyle statues that somehow come to life, followed by an evil looking blue pentagram teleporter that takes you to a cage trip where you are surrounded by the screams and crying of lost souls, followed by some kind of demonic torture dungeon shaped like a giant skull floating in outer space, followed by etc.

Seriously, nobody asked any questions after seeing this shit other than 1 or 2 dudes?

They are probably hardcore atheists, the kind that preach to you like annoying Christians. That or they were in denial and were looking for some kind of explanation.

Because mankind's average IQ in the future is in the single digits.

25 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Because mankind's average IQ in the future is in the single digits.

Well I'm pretty sure that only the best people would be allowed to work at the mars base seeing as they are expected to work around with some of the most advanced and expensive technology in the world.

Actually, I'd turn it around. Why has anyone thought that weird-alien-horror-dimension was hell?

Doesn't look like any Hell from Christian mythology.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, FractalBeast said:

Actually, I'd turn it around. Why has anyone thought that weird-alien-horror-dimension was hell?

Doesn't look like any Hell from Christian mythology.

What then exactly do you propose Hell looks like? Milton and Dante would definitely like to have a word with you.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:49 AM, DooM_RO said:

They are probably hardcore atheists, the kind that preach to you like annoying Christians. That or they were in denial and were looking for some kind of explanation.

Kind of like me lol! But I try not to preach as I am more of skeptic (as defined in ancient greek times) than anything else.

If I was there (being a professional scientist) I would start thinking the stories had some truth to them. I wouldn't think miracles or the supernatural exists, but that we have access to a more-advanced civilization and that there's more to "faster than light" travel than we currently understand. What would contradict my idea is that there doesn't seem to be an infrastructure to support what hell currently is. Like where are the factories for the technology and thinking demons? I don't know maybe they had a collapse of civilization (like that dead giant demon) and we're just seeing the remnants.