Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abbas

So, I've started reviewing mods.

Pretty much what the title says. If you have any suggestions, don't be afraid to let me know, as I will consider them. Your mods are welcome as well. Also, please no map WADs. I'm strictly looking at mods. Sorry. Anyhow, here's my first vid!

Here is something you could try, considering I've posted about my work on the forum before, the ZDoom forums and other social media sites.

Random Deaths & Decoration

Doom Video Vault is my channel alias, by the way.

Please take a look at my OPWeapons. They are indeed OP, designed to make slaughter maps easy. Play them with your favorite slaughter maps and and maybe add a monster-buffing mod. There are two weapons randomly replacing each standard Doom 2 weapon, each weapon has an alt-fire, and you have turrets and a teleport in your inventory.

@Glaice @Empyre Will make a video on those next week. Hopefully you two don't mind if I run them together in the vid? Cheers, and thanks for the suggestion. 

As long as OPWeapons doesn't alter monster actors, yes.

Tho having excessively powerful weapons would gib too often, ruining the effect of seeing the non-gib deaths I've implemented for the smaller monsters.

6 hours ago, Glaice said:

As long as OPWeapons doesn't alter monster actors, yes.

Tho having excessively powerful weapons would gib too often, ruining the effect of seeing the non-gib deaths I've implemented for the smaller monsters.

I made sure to leave monsters alone in OPWeapons so any monsters-only mod can run with them. Why don't you test them with your mod so you can judge for yourself whether they ruin your monsters?

@Abbas, If Glaice doesn't sign off on running his mod with OPWeapons, I suggest running hdv831-lite.pk3, which has the monsters from Hard Doom, with OPWeapons on your favorite slaughter maps.

It'll work, it'll be a bit out of place but go for it considering you're the one working with them.