Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

Friend of mine said I should post this here

1DD54FCBC5A596AF8EF10A31CBA91F00855FC91E  D010E98AA5A407F0FA95881C6EA666370CD79B13

wooden stock SSG

Spoiler

I know it's shit but I spent wayy more time on than I should've so oh well

10 hours ago, BioRenegat said:

Depending on my time and mood, I will, perhaps, finish this fella, though that means I gotta create +30~ extra frames, which isn't exactly walk in the park.

G4Lh9ba.gif

Is it based on some other sprites or did you make it from scratch? Looks good!

1 hour ago, Lore said:

Is it based on some other sprites or did you make it from scratch? Looks good!

Thanks, yeah, it's from the scratch, I guess. Though, since I'm not exactly great pixel artist, and replicating original doom art style is quite tough (they were using models as a reference, making process of creating such stuff like lightning and e.t.c much more bearable), I do pretty much the same, when it comes to weapons and monsters - I use 3d models as a reference, allowing me to somewhat easily draw them.

Edited by BioRenegat

It looks awesome - I'd love to fight that thing. Or a bunch of them! What's that thing on top of its head?

16 hours ago, kb1 said:

It looks awesome - I'd love to fight that thing. Or a bunch of them! What's that thing on top of its head?

Thanks, that's gotta be "scorpion" tail  (regarding your statement about "that thing on top of it's head") for that ugly bastard, I will be making 2 versions of this monster, one with the tail, and one without it. Here you can see how it will be looking like from the side (it's still kinda draft though, but in terms of color scheme and general shape this is pretty much concrete look for it). I also sorta tested it within original doom setting, and stylistically it looks kinda out of the place, but once you put it in maps with alien/gothic aesthetics, it definitely fits pretty well.

VLNngjj.pnghN8FOyH.png

Edited by BioRenegat

On 11/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, BioRenegat said:

G4Lh9ba.gifVLNngjj.pnghN8FOyH.png

That's really awesome I love it !
(I'd put the tail more horizontally for balance when running, like a velociraptor or a jerboa, and put it on top when in attack mode, or in pain)

On 11/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, BioRenegat said:

Depending on my time and mood, I will, perhaps, finish this fella, though that means I gotta create +30~ extra frames, which isn't exactly walk in the park.

G4Lh9ba.gif

Yeah, trying to make a full sprite set for an enemy in a Doom/BUILD style game is really tedious.  But I hope you do finish it, new monster sprites that aren't just edited together from existing stuff are too rare (no doubt due to the aforementioned).

Edited by ETTiNGRiNDER : Stupid spelling error

On 11/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, BioRenegat said:

Thanks, that's gotta be "scorpion" tail  (regarding your statement about "that thing on top of it's head") for that ugly bastard, I will be making 2 versions of this monster, one with the tail, and one without it. Here you can see how it will be looking like from the side (it's still kinda draft though, but in terms of color scheme and general shape this is pretty much concrete look for it). I also sorta tested it within original doom setting, and stylistically it looks kinda out of the place, but once you put it in maps with alien/gothic aesthetics, it definitely fits pretty well.

VLNngjj.pnghN8FOyH.png

Oh yeah, duh! I couldn't tell from the front view - I thought it was mounted on its head! Attacks from the tail would be awesome! I can see how the tail could complicate things, but I love this thing so far!

I love this - the only thing I don't love is that it's hard to read as a tail as at tail in the front view since it stays pretty static and vertical throughout. I'd suggest maybe making it swoosh left and right to counterbalance his weight as he steps from side to side. Maybe a bit like this: (extremely quick and dirty edit, but I hope it gets the idea across)

scorpion-tail-thing.gif.39b15d769676bc1a7545f26726c74ad2.gif

That actually looks pretty great. That‘s a great monster overall, wpuld love to see him ingame.

23 hours ago, Nootrac4571 said:

I love this - the only thing I don't love is that it's hard to read as a tail as at tail in the front view since it stays pretty static and vertical throughout. I'd suggest maybe making it swoosh left and right to counterbalance his weight as he steps from side to side. Maybe a bit like this: (extremely quick and dirty edit, but I hope it gets the idea across)

scorpion-tail-thing.gif.39b15d769676bc1a7545f26726c74ad2.gif

The tail is maybe exaggerated just a bit there, but it does look better. If you read above, you'll notice that I thought the tail was something on the monster's head. But in your modification, it's obviously a tail, and it looks freaking intimidating! The tail movement in your edit does look like a good, natural counter-balance thing - great job, even for a quick edit. This guy is awesome, and I want to see him in a map! This guy could smack you with those big ass hands, or hold your head and sting you with the tail, and then smack you! Bad ass!

On 11/17/2018 at 3:19 AM, BioRenegat said:

Thanks, yeah, it's from the scratch, I guess. Though, since I'm not exactly great pixel artist, and replicating original doom art style is quite tough (they were using models as a reference, making process of creating such stuff like lightning and e.t.c much more bearable), I do pretty much the same, when it comes to weapons and monsters - I use 3d models as a reference, allowing me to somewhat easily draw them.

From what I've seen, you're better than you give yourself credit for. ScorpionMan deserves to live (and DIE!). And, yes, I admit, I want to snag a copy of him in a WAD, so I'm a bit biased...  :)

In all honesty, 99% of all new monsters are frankenstein hacks of existing monsters with recolors. Your guy is totally unique, which is rare, and cool. And, he's a bad-ass! Put it this way: I wish I could draw something like that.

Edited by kb1

Put some of the blue lightning particles on the sprites of the action doom dagger making it alittle timons axeish

knifesprites2.png

Edited by RonLivingston

On 6/28/2015 at 7:54 PM, IMX said:

According to my imgur account this is the latest sprite I've done

JbSg8PP.png

A mockup of an unused enemy from the Doom betas

that was the wall mounted thing that would spit out lost soul right?

A little side project of mine: Converting Doom 3 monsters to Doom-compatible sprite replacements.

Doom 3 Imp.

ezgif-2-9414909be18a5fd94.gifezgif-2-08e6ec7d81fbdrc16.gifezgif-2-d6bac91586d514ex0.gif

His fast walking frames remind of that Theresa May stage entrance  :lol:

Doom 3 Hellknight:

ezgif-4-bdde885683581giiq.gifezgif-2-cad948284687l8ica.gifezgif-4-0d8e08221a31oaioc.gif

Edit: woops, posted wrong pic with a weirdly shaped mask, this one is the right one.

Hey, finally my hiatus is over, I can actually continue learning and improving, as to how to draw/model sprites. Today came up with this concept, "hell berserker", I think it's rough around the edges, but I feel like it has some sort of a potential, as a custom monster.

IdL5jrS.png?1

Edited by BioRenegat

On 8/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, CWolf said:

a bit of my last made sprites for one of... let's say, pretty dusty project.

Y9wauB1.pngEAbh96b.pngt8JCSIN.pngb5XBIDw.pngKqPNIwt.pnglRHwOFT.png

These are awesome. Are you only showing your work here, or would I be able to use them? The large column in particular is perfect for a gameplay object I have in mind, with some hellish edits -- I've tried doing it myself, but I'm fairly shite at pixel art from scratch and it's taking me ages.  If you allowed me to do so I would of course credit you and post any frames back into this thread in the same spirit.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:01 PM, holaareola said:

These are awesome. Are you only showing your work here, or would I be able to use them? The large column in particular is perfect for a gameplay object I have in mind, with some hellish edits -- I've tried doing it myself, but I'm fairly shite at pixel art from scratch and it's taking me ages.  If you allowed me to do so I would of course credit you and post any frames back into this thread in the same spirit.

You may. But before you'll do that contact with @Boingo. He runs the thing for I've made those sprites so if he agrees me either.

10 hours ago, CWolf said:

You may. But before you'll do that contact with @Boingo. He runs the thing for I've made those sprites so if he agrees me either.

Thanks for your generosity, I'll send them a PM.

Tank from Left 4 Dead. I finally found out how to import animated models into my 3d modeling aplication.

ezgif-4-9044bf7000f4esfqe.gifezgif-4-ba3b6f782253lre0t.gif

Might be a godsend for a zombie survival mod.