Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

fallout 76 sucks significantly less after a patch.

after reading a post recently (right before writing this) i learned that bethesda fixed some bugs and issues such as T-posing and balancing.

any thoughts? do you think it sucks less now?

Hmm! I have liked the more FPS-like Fallout has become, but I am definitely have strange tastes. I don't have fallout 76 yet though as I haven't liked many online-only games. But I might give it a try.

Elder Scrolls with guns is no Fallout game. Bethesda should stay in their lane; buggy, mediocre knock-off Tolkien fantasy.

Where's Van Buren?

I read a story, how bethesda fired those people from black isle studio, who worked on fallout new vegas, becase the game did not reach high enaugh score on metacritic website. It is ironic how they made fallout 4 with lower score and now fallout 76 with even worse scoring. It is similiar as if you would go to architect and told him, that the house is terrible and he is fired, then you would design the house yourself and the new house would fall apart even before the paint would run dry. Would you not feel like an idiot?

After playing Fallout 3 and realized that it was just The Elder Scrolls : Nuclear fallout edition. I stopped bothering.

I never played the original Fallouts. What I played of Fallout 3, I didn't like. It felt too much like Morrowind in terms of ugliness and bleakness. It could also be from the fact I've played too many TES games for the past 20 years that at the time, Fallout 3 didn't feel fresh. Much like I couldn't get into Skyrim, because it was stale, until I didn't play a TES after 5 years, then suddenly it was awesome.

I own Fallout New Vegas twice, never played it once. Somehow I ended up with the Russian version of Fallout New Vegas. I thought it was strange when none of my friends owned it. Maybe that's why Steam no longer allows people holding gifts in their inventory.

As for Fallout 4, I enjoyed it far, far more the other Bethesda Fallouts. The diversions help, even if there's no real point to them. In TES games I get so rich that there's nothing to spend my money on, so I'm happy I can put effort into the towns. Oh I should mention I don't own Fallout 4. Steam had 2 free weekends and I get my fill from those. Heck, I completed Saints Row IV in 2 free weekends.

With Fallout 76... I see it and say nope. MMO / multiplayer focused? Nope. Chances are they deliberately avoided calling it Fallout Online. TES Online never appealed to me, even if I have a lot of friends who play it now that it's a few years into its life cycle. They will add to Fallout 76 and tweak things, in time it will be more enjoyable, I just don't want to spend $60 for that or any game. Plus, I've never been into any online focused game beyond TF2.

Edited by geo

Honestly Skyrim disappointed me greatly after how much customization and RPG elements were missing that the previous games and especially Morrowind had, I found Skyrim shallow in comparison and I didn't like the setting particularly because of the huge amount of grey, brown and white dominating the palette the majority of the time. I did try to recently give Skyrim another chance but then I found more problems with it which I didn't even notice the previous times such as the very floaty movement.

Morrowind was the most engrossing TES experience for me because of the huge amount of skills to pick from to make many differing characters also the great amount of clothing and armor customization which was eventually reduced in the later games, and I loved it greatly regardless of the old graphics, the graphics and sound overhaul v3 mod improves it so much and adds new graphical effects which look nice.

I am glad that people are working on an open source version of Morrowind (OpenMW) which aims to improve the engine and eventually allow for more possibilities, I'm also interested in Daggerfall Unity for Daggerfall which is impressive in it's own right.

I tried playing Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and I hated having to choose a class and attributes. Then going through that and fighting rats in a sewer I lost interest. The less class-choosing and more first person action the more I like it.

If you managed to lose interest in the starting dungeon then better play something else entirely. Like Doom.

Haven't been paying attention to it honestly. If it was on steam I would prolly own it, but another launcher to bother with and all that, I got better things to do.

19 hours ago, Coopersville said:

Probably won't be bothering with a 45gb patch. 

It was patched twice with patches that size.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:50 PM, Coopersville said:

Probably won't be bothering with a 45gb patch. 

Lol remember when people were freaking out about RAGE being like 25gb

Edit: fixed

Edited by Marn

1 hour ago, Marn said:

Lol remember when people were freaking out about RAGE being like 60gb

Another failed game with technical difficulties at launch.

fallout 76 is alright. to me, it just seems exactly like the other bethesda fallout games, but online. i dont quite get all the hate for it, i guess maybe its a bit too similar to fallout 4? but its nothing to get pissed about. i like the original fallout the best

I'm playing it and enjoying it but I won't recommend it.

Imagine Fallout 4 but 99% Dialogue stripped away, no human npcs, no story except for terminals and holotapes, combat more clunky, vats greatly weakened, bugs more frequent, building less flexible and carry weight much more limited and a greater problem.

What you get, a new Fallout world with some new monsters however they feel rare and you mostly fight feral ghouls, scorched (almost normal ghouls littered with peppermint flakes) and supermutants until you travel fairly far. Also coop and a very weak form of pvp.

It feels like Bethesda went two steps back technically and creatively and the many recycled assests makes it feel lazy.

If you enjoy Fallout grind, gunplay and scavanging then you may still enjoy it. Just not nearly compared to the previous installments. I think it's a quick cash grab while they're working on other projects. The cash must flow.

Edited by Chezza