Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: TNT: Renascence & TNT: Resistance

Just letting people know I'm going to be doing my Ironman run this evening at around 6-7pm GMT. I wanted to do this later in on the week, but due to general busyness across the next few nights, it's either now or never.

A bit of hype for this run since it's a pretty important one for determining the 2018 Britbowl; if I win, it goes into December with a 5-4-2 advantage to @an_mutt, but gives @Dragonfly the chance to tie it up. If I lose, @an_mutt will have officially won the 2018 Britbowl.

What role will I play? ;)

Sorry guys, recorded these about 2 weeks ago and totally forgot to upload

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb0as3y2ypqgt93/dtren%2Bresist.zip?dl=1

Cant remember how far I got into renascense, think it was about map08, and I made it to Joe's map in resistance (5 i think?), didn't even survive to play my own map.

Solid category 2 for both, although the release of resistance.wad I played last did not have Joe's map in it, so that particular part was blind.  There surely can't be anyone claiming cat 1 for renascence as it is pretty much the spitting image of the original maps

Following on from Suitepee's statement about my position in the britbowl - I died in Renascence's final map. I might have ago at the other WAD if I find time, but for now, here's the VOD of the first wad - a frustrating death but unfortunately time was not on my side based on mutt's run!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/341131768

Cleared TNT Renascence in 1:54:51.

Died on map 4 of TNT Resistance to an airlock/HK/chaingunner sandwich.

Was a category 3 run; I played both of these earlier today to see what lied ahead. It helped for the most part to overcome some tough moments, especially on map 2 of TNT Resistance. But alas, I forgot to approach one room from a better angle, and I paid the price.

@an_mutt is the 2018 BRITBOWL CHAMPION!!!!

Roll on 2019.....

Edited by Suitepee

Congratulations, @an_mutt, on your Britbowl title for this year!

Too bad that the last month will be somewhat anticlimactic, but I suppose @Dragonfly and @Suitepee are already mentally preparing to start trying to rest it from your grasp come January.

bob_tntrenres.zip (EE 4.0.0, -vanilla mode)

Dead on MAP04 (chaingunners got all up in my wormhole) and MAP02 (spooked by a vile). Blind!

Congrats to an_mutt, enjoyed the thrilling conclusion on suitepee's stream yesterday XD

Played 24-25 Nov, category one for both, MAP04 and MAP02 (dis)respectively.

So was a dry stats, and I feel like I want to release all the Perfect Hatred I has.

Regarding Resistance, nothing's wrong with it, at least at the first sight, except one: what are "TNT" letters doing here? Hadn't seen any references or anything common at all.

Now don't get me wrong: I do really love Eternal (he's my namesake BTW, huh) and most of his work. Things like Epic series, Frozen Time or (especially) his part of Plutonia 2 are absolute masterpieces. But sometimes... I do not quite understand his logics or motivation.

The main problem here is possibly that original TNT: Evilution is the best WAD of all time for me. That is based upon many factors, from childhood nostalgia to OST. Then here comes TNT: Ren...

Witch what? Renascence? Remake? Plz someone tell me, whytheduck does TNT need any kind or sort of "remake"? Does any classic (or not-so-classic) WAD need it? The answer is N O P E.

What's the purpose of tnt-r? The main goal? What can it give the original tnt could not? The Magnificence of TeamTNT level design? Broken. OST? Broken (see tunes on MAP02)! Even Barons' lair on MAP02 is broken, did you guys just see it? Episode 2 skybox acting a wall texture, ohriley?

I was happy to die early from Imp's vertical claw damage because playing that was just like playing AeoD with TerryWAD mappack, no jokes. Or mayb like playing cheap chinese clone, don't know what's worse.

The only "Renascence" Evilution ever needed is TNT31.WAD. Da-da-dat's all, folks.

I'd better play THT: Threnody than this month's duet. Meh.

dwitntvv.zip

Edited by Vince Vega

I did a category 1 run of TNT: Renascence last week-end where I died stupidly in MAP06, but unfortunately I discovered that no demo was recorded, so there is no proof of my run. I believe this count as a DNF. Also, I'm not motivated to do another run in order to have a demo file.

Just noticed the OP got updated.

Funny, I'm nowhere to be found on it, although I should've been somewhere above Pegleg who survived no maps.

14 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Funny, I'm nowhere to be found on it, although I should've been somewhere above Pegleg who survived no maps.

The demo de-synced on my end when I first checked it out at the start of the month. I skipped over it in the meantime, intending to highlight you when everything else was sorted out. I, uh... guess this is that moment!

Can you confirm that it's playing back okay?

9 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Just noticed the OP got updated.

Sometimes it takes Alfonzo time to update the OP, although I checked and you did your run on November 1st and I did mine on November 3rd. So, I'm not sure how you're not on there yet.

<Never mind, Alfonzo responded in the time it took me to write this message.>

According to Naza, you're 20/24.

And yes, thank you, I did die on the first map both times. I was actually somewhat surprised by the obituary--I was expecting a more snide comment like "At least you were able to hobble out of the first room" or something like that given how well I did. Not that I'm complaining--my illustrious performance earned me my position and any commentary that came along with it.

1 hour ago, Alfonzo said:

The demo de-synced on my end when I first checked it out at the start of the month. I skipped over it in the meantime, intending to highlight you when everything else was sorted out. I, uh... guess this is that moment!

Can you confirm that it's playing back okay?

They didn't have any issues back when I posted them. That's strange.

Just in case, did you play the demo in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.5? I'm not using 2.5.1.4 since quite a while ago.

Here's my demo pack for this month (category 2 for TNT Renascence and 1 for TNT Resistence, which makes the whole thing a... category 2, I suppose).

Spoiler

Survived through TNT Renascence. A sweet loveletter to Evilution, nothing more, nothing less.
It would be nice to see Eternal coming back for good and finishing this wad.

On the other hand, TNT Resistence is something entirely new. I got killed in one of joe-ilya's monster-infested traps, and as usual I could've survived had I pulled off the Plasma Gun instead of my faithful Super Shotgun.
I can definitely see why map 02 claimed so many victims - holy difficulty spike, Batman !
Yeah, it's a good map but it just shouldn't come after such an easy map 01.
I wish I could see more from this wad, and should definitely invest more time in it to see the reamining maps.

TNT-Ren-Ironman-Survived-wh.zip

TNTRESIST-Ironman-joe'd-wh.zip

Late to this party, but managed to get these demos in just in time.

Survived Renascence in 1:58:40. Cat 2 - played this one when the year began, but didn't remember it super clearly. Wasn't too bad overall, but some close calls and the harrowing Wormhole nearly got me.

Resistance - died on map02. Also at 2; I played an early version of this around the same time, but certainly don't remember this difficulty. I might have played on HMP at that time, too. These are the exact kinds of traps designed to do someone like me in.

rena-resist.zip

On 11/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, Bloodite Krypto said:

I'm genuinely surprised how a single mapset took over 2 hours o_O

BCC2235.gif