Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savagegrant

Doomworld Community Top WADs of All Time

Since the original author of this thread went MIA, so someone else should probably create a new thread so that it would be possible to edit the Original Post at first page.

@m8f maybe you could do this. (if ur willing)

5 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Since the original author of this thread went MIA, so someone else should probably create a new thread so that it would be possible to edit the Original Post at first page.

@m8f maybe you could do this. (if ur willing)

So that we don't lose the history in this thread, would it be possible for one of the admins/mods to take over until savagegrant returns? And maybe pin the thread at the same time?

@Linguica @fraggle @esselfortium @Ichor

I suppose someone new could start a new thread and then put a link to this thread, but that could lead to problems, so I think it would be easier to just have the one thread.

The tally in the update post has been updated.

I too think that keeping a single thread is better than scattering focus in two threads. But taking over the thread may be too much. The compromise solution will be to add a link to update post next to "Current Tally" in the OP, and maybe hiding the original tally in a spoiler.

8 hours ago, Linguica said:

Why would we lose the history?

By that I meant that if we started a new thread, we lose the connection to the historical discussion in this thread. That could be somewhat alleviated by having a link in the new thread, however, as m8f wrote, it would divide the focus between two threads. You couldn't pin both, and some people would find one and not the other, or would post to both. If that happens, then the vote tallies get out of sync.

@m8f

I was referring to the admins/mods taking over temporarily because I figured they could do so without starting a new thread and would happily step away once savagegrant returned.

I'm not clear what you meant by "The tally in the update post has been updated."

Update post is this, votes from TheMightyHeracross and Lorenz0 are now counted too.

If somebody wants to take up the responsibility of maintaining the list, make a new thread, put a link to this thread in the first post of the new thread, put a link to the new thread in the last post of this thread, and then get an admin to lock this thread and (optionally) pin the new thread.

Since it appears we might be counting here again.  I am only listing WADs I've actually completed.

10 points: Ancient Aliens

10 points: Back to Saturn X Episode 1

10 points: Tangerine Nightmare

5 points: Vanguard

5 points: Doom 64: Retribution

5 points: The Plutonia Experiment

5 points: Tech Gone Bad

2 points: Brigandine

2 points: Breach

1 points: Arcadia Demade

Edited by guitardz

Here is my new favorite wads list :

10 points : Eternal Slumber Party

9 points : Eternal Slumber Party 2

8 points  The Beesong

7 points : Nochance

6 points : Disturbia

5 points : Mars War

4 points : Kama Sutra

3 points : Hell Revealed 2

2 points : 3 heures d'agonie 3

1 point : Doom 64 for Doom 2

10: Redemption of the Slain (commercial quality masterpiece... so many great moments from epic cinematic fight to other)

9: No Rest for the Living (this made me back to Doom after so many years... Castle and Squibbs are geniuses)

8: Tech Gone Bad (Romero is still in the top of his game, great sense of place and buildup to the iconic battle)

7: Foursite (my favourite non commercial wad.... lovely scale, entertaining how you go forward without getting bored, epic fights)

6: Phobos Mission Control (the unsung great level by Romero... maybe less than E1M8b, but still an amazing map)

5: Way Too Many Dead Guys (I can't wait to play the final version... amazing scale, and first four maps are stunning in every aspect)

4: Arcadia Demade (another pro level, a demade of Bioshock... great palette, and different but still interesting fight)

3: Valiant (some stunning levels like Map06, Map09 or Map24, and others... skillsaw can map)

2: Extreme Terror (there are more famed levels by YukiRaven, but I love this one with epic ending)

1. Breach (for the sheer visuals and cool shading)

2 hours ago, Roofi said:

Here is my new favorite wads list :

Just want to say, I think you should be allowed to vote for your own wad and throw TN in there ;) MAP07 is still probably one of the best maps I've played in Doom :)

...unless you just don't like TN, which is fair, I suppose :p

On 12/2/2018 at 4:51 PM, guitardz said:

Just want to say, I think you should be allowed to vote for your own wad and throw TN in there ;) MAP07 is still probably one of the best maps I've played in Doom :)

...unless you just don't like TN, which is fair, I suppose :p

I'm glad you loved my map. I will try to do better maps even if I'm very lazy. :p

I voted for "3 heures d'agonie 3" , which is also a french mapping project where I contributed. :) I like Tangerine Nightmare but I have a little preference for the trilogy "3 Heures d'agonie " just because I sometimes like playing it with mods. 3 heures d'Agonie's maps have more replayability than Tangerine Nightmare for me.

10: Sunder

9: Scythe2

8: Plutonia 2

7: Deus Vult 2

6: Pirate Doom

5: Epic 2

4: Scythe

3: Crapi

2: Hellbound

1: Big Chungus' Symphony

@m8f Btw If I present my list now, will the list be allowed to change in future. I am asking because current my top 10 wad list might change after a year or so (either due to some awesome wad that I didn't play before or because my taste had changed by then).

This is the reason why I haven't posted my top 10 wad list yet.

Just now, ReaperAA said:

@m8f Btw If I present my list now, will the list be allowed to change in future. I am asking because current my top 10 wad list might change after a year or so (either due to some awesome wad that I didn't play before or because my taste had changed by then).

This is the reason why I haven't posted my top 10 wad list yet.

Yes, of course it's allowed. Just be sure to make a new post when your top changes.

29 minutes ago, m8f said:

Yes, of course it's allowed. Just be sure to make a new post when your top changes.

Alright then here is my list:

10: Eviternity

9: Valiant

8: Ancient Aliens

7: Extermination Day (Formerly BD: Hell on Earth Starter Pack)

6: No Rest For The Living

5: Deathless

4: The Ultimate Torment and Torture

3: Scythe

2: Doom 2 The Way id Did (D2TWiD)

1: Doom The Way id Did (DTWID)

The following ones could be serious candidates, but I didn't added them in my top 10 list as I haven't played them yet (but i plan to play in future):

- BTSX E1 and E2

- Scythe 2

- Alien Vendetta

- Going Down

- Speed of Doom

- Sunlust

- Vanguard

- Lunatic

- Deus Vult II

5 Points each 

Speed of Doom

Jenesis

Plutonia 2

A.V

Scythe 2

Community Chest 4

Zdoom Community project

The Ultimate Tormnet & Torture

Zpack

Doom the way Id did it

Scythe

I remember more experiences but I can’t recall the names of the wads in my head

Edited by Ziad EL Zein

1 hour ago, Ziad EL Zein said:

Scythe 2

Community Chest 4

Zdoom Community project

The Ultimate Tormnet & Torture

Zpack

Doom the way Id did it

Scythe2 

Scythe 2 is listed twice. Did you mean Scythe and Scythe 2?