Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redead-ITA

"I forgot my keys"UNLOCKED EDITION [now with 7(+1)maps]

TITLEPIC.png.d6665ca25cac92893e1f969a9c7d8068.png

STORY:

So after so much demon slaying you think you could go and get some rest, you know just the place, but then you just discovered...

YOU FORGOT YOUR KEYS TO THE PLACE and without the keys you can't go to the place.

Fortunaly you just remembered you divided them in a hope to prevent demons from stealing all the keys, but unfortunaly all of the places you deployed them are infested with demons but Fortunaly again you know 3 things for this situation: where is your pistol, where is your ammo and where are the keys you just need to get them!

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINAL VERSION?

It has now 2 more maps, 1 boss map and one epilogue one, i also give em some small touch ups and with a small use of dehacked along with a titlepic, credit, and help messages modifications by me, i made slightly prettier.

MAPS: 

*Screenshots* 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lots of liquids

Screenshot_Doom_20181130_161210.png.4d0e7051083978cd79c2c9a9174fc05b.png

Spoiler

Organic level

Screenshot_Doom_20181130_161242.png.8eccbb646a01038ab84e3c54430d1dcc.png

Spoiler

TechBase

Screenshot_Doom_20181130_161300.png.c1b028fab4230495de4ac11db403a4d9.png

Spoiler

(mapslot) in name only (Blood and rockets from Going down)

Screenshot_Doom_20181130_161346.png.3b6bab4b4734440742ed5b93858aee6e.png

Spoiler

5 rooms (+1 if you count the access to the secret level)

Screenshot_Doom_20181130_161406.png.1d0e09fd770a6a145075882a73d29063.png

Spoiler

Tags 666 and 667 only

Screenshot_Doom_20190705_100840.png.ae5ac4fba34a88a5f0bc37d4ac88a374.png

Secret level below

Spoiler

Random iwad map from memory, im sure you will recognize it

Maps are done in DOOM 2 boom format(as such they do not required to jumping/crouching or freelook and You can pistol start them all(It will be sorta rough if you play on the 5ft map)) the wad comes with skippable maps if you are planning on playing this with prboom, so you don't have to Idclev them all.

and the first one begins in MAP11 (Aka i didn't realise that boom format doesn't support secret exists outside of map15 so i had to move them to make the access to the secret level work).

The maps have custom midis(which are roughly 5 ROTT midis and 1 Dune midi and 1 from @Jimmy) , They have difficulty implemented on them and they have coop spawns.

I tested the map in gzdoom firstly then PRBoom later to make sure it would be playable in prboom+, if you are thinking of playing with that sourceport.

Maps are pretty short as they are speedmaps of sorts (using @Walter confetti Theme Challenge Randomizer Pastebin Big thanks to him, all the themes are writen inside the screenshots spoilers!), but i tried to give some surprises in an attempt to not make them boring.

You can download it here--> IFMK!

Changelog

Spoiler

Fixed a bug in which 3 doors couldn't open in map11 if you were playing in prboom (i forgot to tag them)

Updated map15 and map31 designs to make them feel more interconnected and gave a better hints on where is the secret map.

Edited by Redead-ITA : Updated and grammar correction!

Woah, that's amazing that someone get's inspired upon this concept!

Looks pretty cool from the shots you posted, i'll play them next time!

12 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Woah, that's amazing that someone get's inspired upon this concept!

Looks pretty cool from the shots you posted, i'll play them next time!

For me it was the perfect way to open my mind a little bit on doing a map, without brainstorming as much!

Also i updated the mappack so that it can work 100% in prboom (previously you could get stuck on the first map, thats what i get from testing it in gzdoom and not prBoom+) the update is in the main post

Ah, ok.

Well, i've died yesterday playing the first map, the others are pretty easy to finish, but they are still pretty cool to play, I find myself locked on secret level too (i've also didn't find the secret exit switch) while searching for a way that opens the door that leads to exit....

9 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Ah, ok.

Well, i've died yesterday playing the first map, the others are pretty easy to finish, but they are still pretty cool to play, I find myself locked on secret level too (i've also didn't find the secret exit switch) while searching for a way that opens the door that leads to exit....

Yeah i fixed it so that The secret to the secret level exit is easier to find(aka i just put a candle close to it), if you are stuck on secret map then you probably skipped a line trigger, i might change it to a switch later.

also im glad you liked the maps.

Announcing bump for the new update that i made for this mapset, you can read the OP if you want to see the changes i made

12 hours ago, Count651 said:

Well, thats a hell of an intermission text.. 

the original one that i actually planned for was even more wordy and more hellish even

It was mostly a conversation between DoomGuy and Romero head, but then considering the spacing i decided to retract most of it to just that.

it was a good option in my opinion honestly