Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

What were the first videos you watched on Youtube?

Hello !

I just want to make a thread about nostalgia. I went on Youtube the first time in 2007 when I was 10.

Just share some old (or news if you discovered youtube lately) vids!

The classics such as Mario Twins, The End of the World and Vietnam Recruitment Tape. This was during the last days of my last high school year and my first year at TAFE. I had no internet at home during these times and had to rely on the limited access of internet which I had at both places.

Edited by Avoozl

I think the first video i ever watched on YT was an animation based on Resident Evil 2.  I'd probably never find it now.  This was back before gameplay was "allowed" on Youtube.

It was in the early 2010s :) (YEAH)
My first Channels were AVGN and Game Theory (YEAH AGAIN)
My first AVGN video was the first part of his Castlevania epic and the Castlevania and Megaman videos on GT at the time (No more yeahs :'( )

Not sure exactly what the first videos I ever watched on YouTube were (since it's been over 10 years now), but here's a few I remember from way back:

Edited by Netherstorm

I don't play Halo, so I don't know how I came across this video or why it stuck in my mind.

Because 'tis the season, and seriously old. I don't remember the end being cut off, though.

the earliest video I can remember is The Incredible Mouth Band, holy shit that was ancient. I remember also watching "is it a good idea to microwave this" for a while when that was a thing

It's hard going back and watching this kinda stuff for me these days so no links, but they're all still up.

Not my first, but back in 2006 I thought this was hilarious. Shame the original with all the comments and views disappeared somewhere along the way.

This little beauty from 2008 sticks out vividly in my mind as well!

An aside, my first ever YouTube video that actually got a decent number of hits, for UAC Rebellion. This grainy garbage footage got the mod hundreds of downloads in a short time so I’m thankful!

I'm pretty sure this video of that song was the very first thing I had watched on YT back in 2007. I was at home with a former friend (now relegated to the status of mere acquaintance, for various reasons) of mine and I was wondering where one could watch videos online on a PC. He then searched for YT and used this video as an example.

A mix of Angry German Kid and gameplay videos, about 90% of which had Drowning Pool's "Bodies" playing in them.

It had to be this:

Edit: Watching it again after all this time is pretty surprising. I somehow know the entire choreography by heart. I must have watched it A LOT when it came out.

2nd edit: Great, another thread of people talking to themselves, instead of talking to each other.

Edited by Space Boss

back when it started, I watched bootleg spongebob square pants and animal attack videos. I had to look it up, but google had bought them only a year after they started, I for some reason thought youtube was around longer than that buy went down.

~THE SPOOKY TRILOGY~

I remember the first time I ever watched YouTube, it was coincidentally the first time my dad ever let me go on the internet. The first videos I ever watched were all LEGO stop-motion animations that I'll probably never find ever again, eventually I found Forrestfire101's channel and he was a staple of my early YouTube days. His videos have actually aged quite well:

Spoiler

On 12/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, guitardz said:

I think the first video i ever watched on YT was an animation based on Resident Evil 2.  I'd probably never find it now.  This was back before gameplay was "allowed" on Youtube.

I can actually remember there being a discussion about let's plays being copyright infringements. Can you believe that?

As for videos, I only remember watching the flash animation called End of the World. Over all, flash animation was a big thing around 2005 when I was about 17 years old.