Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

12 Levels only?

Question

Hello there, i am creating my first wad, i already have done 11 maps, and i would like to do only 12...so my question is, how i make my 12 map the last one of the Wad, without having more levels after hitting the exit switch at the end of level 12?

12 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Hello there, i am creating my first wad, i already have done 11 maps, and i would like to do only 12...so my question is, how i make my 12 map the last one of the Wad, without having more levels after hitting the exit switch at the end of level 12?

Works in every mapping format and source port: Make a small map 13 that has no exit, give it nice music, some cool scenery, add a "thanks for playing texture" and you're done.

Depends on port and format, but you would need mapinfo lump for it. In boom and vanilla oriented ports, people will just have exit and leave game.

For ZDoom, you will need to create a MAPINFO text lump in your wad, and on the definition for MAP12 (or whatever the twelfth map is), write "next = ENDGAME" instead of "next = MAP13" and it will end the game automatically.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition

I should provide a link for you, shouldn't I?

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

Same for Eternity (EMAPINFO) which you need to add this in the definition of map 12...

endofgame = true

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

For ZDoom, you will need to create a MAPINFO text lump in your wad, and on the definition for MAP12 (or whatever the twelfth map is), write "next = ENDGAME" instead of "next = MAP13" and it will end the game automatically.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition

I should provide a link for you, shouldn't I?

I am using Doombuilder and ZDoom...thats some kind of programing that you use in Slade? Is there any video in youtube to see the process?

41 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Provided by our own Cyberdemon531.

I am too Noob for this....it means i have to write all the thing down in .txt? and then add this to my wad? Jesus Christ....ill never get there...im sorry...but thanks anyways....

32 minutes ago, Austinado said:

I am too Noob for this....it means i have to write all the thing down in .txt? and then add this to my wad? Jesus Christ....ill never get there...im sorry...but thanks anyways....

If you really wanna have a mapinfo lump you can copy an existing one from another wad and modify that according to your use case. If that's not up your alley you can always fall back to my previous suggestion since you already know how to make maps.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If you really wanna have a mapinfo lump you can copy an existing one from another wad and modify that according to your use case. If that's not up your alley you can always fall back to my previous suggestion since you already know how to make maps.

Well i do enjoy making maps...ill try yours sugestions ;)

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Austinado said:

You can create the MAPINFO lump within Slade itself by naming a new entry MAPINFO and click "View as Text" to edit it.

30 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Actually i tried with mapinfo of DOOM2 copy, i have edited the last level (in this case 11) with ENDGAME for a try...and it works...thanks alot ;)

On 11/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Or, as I discovered after my first attempt with a MAPINFO, leaving out the "next = z" line entirely also ends the game and kicks you to the cast list.