Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Since I have barely played L4D2 in the past I've decided to play some more recently.

Although I still stand by what I've said in the past regarding the playerbase of MP games nowadays, it's still real fun. Far, far more enjoyable than the cancer I've used to run into almost every single day in other games (probably because there's not hundreds of thousands of players around anymore to ruin the experience for others), and it's quite stress-free too even if you happen to run into useless teammates, nothing to lose here. It's also the second to last Valve title to not feature lootboxes and other types of micro-transaction madness, all the better, those titles get only a nail in the coffin from me.

Didn't realize they'd reused the sky from Ravenholm in some campaigns until now. Ah yes, the atmosphere in this whole campaign is so gripping. Thick, cold, mesmerizing and soothing. I wish they wouldn't have stopped at The Sacrifice (if memory doesn't fail me that was the last Add-On they've made before ceasing development on future L4D content) and made more.

Edited by seed

4 hours ago, Ajora said:

The Crissaegrim, Shield Rod and Soul Steal spell all completely break what's an already easy game.

I agree, but if someone's having issues with the inverted castle it might help them out. I was probably half-way through the inverted castle before I even found out about the Crissaegrim, and after using them for a while I ended up forcing myself to use something else most of the time. They really do make the game just way too easy; and I never found it to be that difficult to begin with. But it's still a great game, and you have to admit, being completely overpowered is always kind of fun.

Just started playing the fan translated PS1 port of Policenauts on a emulator and it's really good. I really like the story and the soundtrack so far. The art style and animated cutscenes are pretty nice to look at too. I also found out that this is where the well known Konami logo intro jingle from Metal Gear Solid (which I just recently finished) came from. It's used in the opening theme of this game and the save screen, I mean just listen. It's so good:

36 minutes ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

Decided to start to play Starcraft

Good luck. May u do better than me (I gave up after completing Terran campaign because of looooong missions and 12-unit limitations) 

While ur at it, give Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty campaign a try. It is completely free now and its awesome.

9 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

While ur at it, give Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty campaign a try. It is completely free now and its awesome.

Wait, Wings of Liberty is now free? I didn't know that it was until now. I still have the physical copy of it from 8 years ago just lying around somewhere on the shelves.

Edited by BrassKnight

I didn't find most of the starcraft campaigns to be that difficult, though the later ones were pretty tricky. The last few missions of Brood War Zerg are pretty brutal if you aren't well versed in Starcraft though.

6 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

Wait, Wings of Liberty is now free? I didn't know that it was until now. I still have the physical copy of it from 8 years ago just lying around somewhere on the shelves.

Yes, it became free about a year ago. (and it still is)

And for those who had already bought Wings of Liberty before it got free, they had a limited time offer to obtain Heart of the Swarm for free. Though that offer has ended now.

3 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

I didn't find most of the starcraft campaigns to be that difficult, though the later ones were pretty tricky. The last few missions of Brood War Zerg are pretty brutal if you aren't well versed in Starcraft though.

Actually I wasn't finding it difficult. Its just that almost all missions (that I played) were pretty much just amass a 200 supply army and steamroll the AI. Couple that with horrible pathfinding, manually order workers for minerals/gas and 12-unit selection. I just wasn't enjoying so i gave up. 

I had lot of fun with SC2 tho. Much better mission design and no annoying mechanics (aka 12-unit selection).

Also I play the first Cossacks, Heroes Of Might And Magic III, Tiberian Sun, Civilisation III and Diablo.

Cossacks is one of the favourite strategy games of my childhood (I really loved it when I was a child).

I have been playing GTA V, Just Cause 3 and Batman Arkham Knight. I also resumed a playtrhough of Another Metroid 2 Remake: Return of Samus which I had on hiatus for some time.

Been playing Dragon Quest XI, a coworker's recommendation.  I've never played a Dragon Quest game and was in the mood for a classic JRPG and this certainly grew on me.  It's not perfect but I'm about 40 hours in and still loving it.  I'm even thinking about checking out some of the earlier games but I've got some other games on my DS that I need to finish first (started a game of Oracle of Seasons about three years ago and finally put aside time to finish it recently, now I'm playing Oracle of Ages).

Metroid: Zero Mission and Stories: The Path of Destinies.

Also reinstalling Guild Wars 2.

Finally got a new Laptop and currently playing Dark Souls 3... oh man only a few bosses in and its already Better than Gank Souls 2.

• Doom 64(EX?)
  • Doom 3 Phobos.
  • Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (replaying).
  • HLDM, though the population on servers lowered ever since they made Sven Co-op free2play and Standalone.

Way too much Minecraft, using a custom modpack I cobbled together myself. That, and some Nuclear Throne and Deathstate.

I started playing Dusk again, since the whole game and 3rd episode was released. However I begun playing from Episode 1 even if I finished 1 and 2 in the preorder version, just for a revision from the beginning but also since few design elements might have changed, so to replay in it's final version. I am pretty curious about Episode 3, if it also delivers, but just playing few maps from the beginning reminded me what was so great about this indie FPS that no other indie FPS effort approaches yet.

I'm not playing anything right now, if I were I'd be busy actually playing the game rather than posting something in the forums

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Expanse last weekend and suddenly realized I needed some sci-fi adventure in my life. Reinstalled Mass Effect on Sunday, played for about 15 hours so far and maa-a-an... There is simply nothing like it. It has been 10 years but ME1 still feels stupendously epic and engaging! If anyone can recommend any good modern sci-fi game that is as good as ME, I would be very grateful! Until then I will be exploring terrestrial planets billions of kilometers away from the Earth...