Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Milkman

DOOM map from 7 year old me

I don't have maps from my childhood, but I do have a few in a folder from my teenage and early 20s years kicking around, starting roughly when I got a PC... maybe someday I'll make something out of them, after vastly retooling them of course.

Also, hella good drawing skills for an eight year-old.

Can't wait. My passion for DOOM grows stronger upon reading this.

And maybe, one day, I'll have the passion to make my own maps and they won't be ending up deleted after seeing how crap a map from me looks.

Thanks everyone! You would have made 8 year old me chuffed (just realised the heading says 7yo, but it was definitely 8 haha)

I might upload some more from the same book if people are interested (not all of them are this cool looking unfortunately). 

2 hours ago, Milkman said:

Thanks everyone! You would have made 8 year old me chuffed (just realised the heading says 7yo, but it was definitely 8 haha)

I might upload some more from the same book if people are interested (not all of them are this cool looking unfortunately). 

I'd say do it. Never know, might inspire someone else. 

On 12/7/2018 at 10:46 PM, guitardz said:

This looks quite awesome.  I'd love to see some screens of the level.

Happy to oblige!

Starting Room:

Screenshot_Doom_20181209_004504.png

Some of the Toxic tunnels near the center of the sketch:

Screenshot_Doom_20181209_004812.png.9d3853689aa0da0fc73fec2a91df80d7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181209_004657.png.d7aa7b92aa69519f2471fefd024a8c4b.png

Rooms near the top of the map:

Screenshot_Doom_20181209_004949.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181209_005017.png

Edited by Milkman

On 12/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, Dark Pulse said:

I'd say do it. Never know, might inspire someone else. 

sure thing, happy to share:

20181209_011604.jpg.39907ab25549c1f58abca434d5eaa772.jpg
Just your classic Invasion Control Center (renamed Waste Control Center). This one also has made it into Birthday Bash as the Secret Level - It's pretty huge, could easily be a standalone map. I remember obsessing over the details of this one.

Then we start getting to some of the 'less visually appealing' maps

20181209_010631.jpg.c97d1444ba0d9e820bd3cee540ef21bc.jpg

Discovered Gel Pens and monster placement. That pink blob is a monster cave with teleporters that are activated with a sound tunnel, must have been around the time I figured out how they did that and stole it haha

Also, That big fork thingy is supossed to be a radar on the horizon for the skybox

I've also had Doom drawings on paper but they are probably lost many years ago. There is a chance they just putted in storage, and if I find them, then will do some recreating.

And here we have your usual, run of the mill Construction zone, filled with demons and toxic pools, as the standard is.

20181209_010528.jpg.b6696dcce17b2ee02923732012e664d0.jpg

All I can say looking at this design, is that it looks like I was trying to out-Petersen Petersen.

1 minute ago, riderr3 said:

I've also had Doom drawings on paper but they are probably lost many years ago. There is a chance they just putted in storage, and if I find them, then do some recreating.

Oooh I hope you find them!

I found something I drew like... 22 years ago (back in 1996!) and i've posted photo of them some year ago in the post your doom pictures thread, unluckily can't find them...

Ah yes, designing game maps on paper. Such good memories from my childhood (I didn't design Doom maps then, unfortunately. I've made plenty of other games on paper, but they've been lost to time.)

Edit: Well, actually, I did create some Doom 3 map stuff, after having played it at my Uncle's house one winter.

Looks very well-detailed for a bunch of maps made by a 7-year-old! Would definitely play.

Edited by taufan99

Brings back memories, I'd too draw lots of rooms and fill them with black dots representing enemies. Never got around to actually implementing those though.