Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gooder01

Cyberdemon

Seems ok I guess, but some more colours in that palette would've been a major improvement.

Zaldron said:

Duh, it's pixel art you dingus.

So what? So it's pixel art, but that doesn't stop the person from loading 'em up in a paint program and add stuff to it. Oh yeah, and I have absolutely no clue what pixel art IS - I just look at the outcome and the outcome is that the pics look ok, but they could use some additional details.

I'm basically indicating that I guess they're ok as far as pixel art goes, but my personal preference is stuff that is more detailed and which seems more thoroughly worked out.

They look good to me, all though, personally, I think the CyberDemon needs to be a little darker, he seems too...umm...Light-skinned. But other than that, looks good. :)

I AM STUPID BECAUSE I JUST BUMPED A THREAD!!!

It's beautiful,

I think that pixel art is, when you make a drawing completely in the computer, using a paint program, In this case, MS paint, Amazing! I simply cannot paint from there, besides being annoying for me, is that I'm lefty, and my father set the mouse/cursor for righties and me lazie for moving and configuring[sp?] it. Oh, well, pixel art= my weak point :P *aargh!!!kryptonite!!!kryptonite!!!*

No Pixel art is the creation of an image, where each picel is placed by the user. Using only basic tools like pencil, eraser, eyedropper, and lines or circles.

My Avatar for example, is pixel art. It is drawn from scratch and each pixel was placed by the pen tool by me.

more Pixel art axamples.

Scuba Steve said:

No Pixel art is the creation of an image, where each picel is placed by the user. Using only basic tools like pencil, eraser, eyedropper, and lines or circles.

My Avatar for example, is pixel art. It is drawn from scratch and each pixel was placed by the pen tool by me.

more Pixel art axamples.

My point exactly :)

Scuba Steve said:

[images]
more Pixel art axamples.

Well if that's the case, then I was indeed right to suggest that there could have been more details.
My own avatar and the other fishie avatars I've done are pixel art and so are the sprites I modified for Rtc-3057 - you can do a lot of stuff with pixel art if you're patient enough.

Trasher][ said:
oooh, I want...

*They are put it in to doom that is free. :P

Wanna translation?

So what? So it's pixel art, but that doesn't stop the person from loading 'em up in a paint program and add stuff to it. Oh yeah, and I have absolutely no clue what pixel art IS - I just look at the outcome and the outcome is that the pics look ok, but they could use some additional details.

I'm basically indicating that I guess they're ok as far as pixel art goes, but my personal preference is stuff that is more detailed and which seems more thoroughly worked out.

So he did it in a restricted palette. You wouldn't complain about a black and white drawing being too grey, would you?

(at least I hope you wouldn't)

the skill is in using your chosen set of tools to maximum effect. Restricting yourself is never a bad thing - just look at how good 10 sectors was!

I'm not completely aware of what the intent of this image was... or if there even was a minimum palette. But pixeling isn't about a palette per se. In Doom, you can use any of the 256 colours in the doom palette, but for alot ofpixelers choose to try and limit themselves to 16 colours for Gaming reasons, but you have a wide variety of colours to pick for those 16. The authors choice of colours here was poor in my opinion.

imwo the pics are ok... but the size of it better be bigger... and the coloring - have you herd bout the britness/contrast option?... but anyway its impressive - someone uses MSPaint!!!

ave at vale

Its realy good. I would like too see more. I know every one tired of hearing this but the colors need work.

Scuba Steve you art is cool. I like to see more of yours too. Ya should make some gifs of your self.Make'em like a fighting game. Throwing fire balls and stuff like that.