Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
First Crusade

HORROR IN DOOM

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I was talking about an hypothetical sequel/reboot to the first game though. About Q4, it does have some quite... shocking moments, but it doesn't seem to be its focus.

Yeah. I don't want Quake to be turned into a copy of Doom.

It wouldn't work especially with a character like Doomslayer, few atmospheric set pieces would be welcome though.

I think most of you guys forgot how scary and difficult were archville, revenant and cyberdemon back in the day. And you forgot that the first Doom I and II had ( Not Jumpscares - I'll stop using that word ) but elements of suprise. Hell, even today when I play Brutal Doom with different maps I find myself having a hard time with these fuckers and here and there they still manage to suprise me or even scare me for a second.

I dont remember Doom 2016 did that not even a single time and mostly trough out the game I felt overpowered.

I donno guys, I just want for Doom Eternal to be really good. Just to spice it up with a little bit of horror and terror.

2 hours ago, wrain treck said:

there where a few jumpscares in doom 2016. but the fact that there where so little increased the impact of them.

Aside from the zombie in Foundry (which you can see coming a mile away), I don't recall any.

There's that very obvious Yellow keycard jumpscare in Res Ops level. easy to tell it's a jumpscare even before it happens.

Edited by tempdecal.wad

You know, talking about horror in Doom, and particularly Doom 2016, I've always though that part where you watch a Hell Knight tearing someone apart in a video recording and then search for a body he dragged to rip off his arm was one of the more "horror" moments in that game.

It builds some tension at the very least, and carries a Doom 3 vibe. Or that's how I perceive it anyway. I mean the part from 5:11 onward. I'm glad this scene was kept as it in the gameplay reveal in the final product, I enjoyed it.

Clearly they should make a DLC with dark ambient soundtrack, new sound effects and colored sectors.