Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

My map is done.

doom321.png

doom322.png

DOWNLOAD

Map name: Fantasia

Compatibility: (vanilla / limit removing / Boom / GZDoom / other source port name) ?: Limit-removing

Tested in: (list source port names) : Prboom+

Jump/crouch: (yes/no, only relevant if compatibility is specific to an advanced port with jump/crouch) : No

Difficulty settings: (yes/no) : No

Build time: 1 month

Tools used: (editors used to create the map) Gzdoombuilder

Resources: (credit all authors/sources of custom resources) : /

Music: (name + author/source) : Mist Ache - Rise of the triad

On 1/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, scifista42 said:

Deadline is December 31st, 2018. After this deadline, all submitted maps will be compiled into one or more wads and published on the /idgames archive.

- You can make any changes to your map at any time before the deadline.

- New: After deadline (strict end of 2018), only fixing major bugs will be allowed.

I checked to see if you addressed this anywhere and I didn't see it. Based on your previous behavior, should we assume that by "strict end of 2018," you mean that you could submit map until 23:59:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth), which is the last second of 2018 on Howland island (the furthest place on the western side of the International Date Line)?

So, we could, in principle, actually submit a map up to the following times on January 1, 2019 (just examples, not meant to be a complete list):

• Melbourne: 21:59:59
  • Beijing: 19:59:59
  • Moscow: 14:59:59
  • London: 12:59:59
  • New York: 7:59:59
  • Vancouver: 4:59:59
  • Rarotonga: 1:59:59

Or am I completely off-base with what you mean?

Note: I think these are correct, with regard to DST. If not, I'll try to remember to correct them in November. Unless I'm wrong about scifista's meaning, in which case I'll just cross out everything.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

submit map until 23:59:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth), which is the last second of 2018 on Howland island (the furthest place on the western side of the International Date Line)

Exactly. I always clarify this about a week before the deadline, seems like an unnecessarily specific detail before that.

Looks cool Voltcom!

Also this made me think about that i have to do some map for this... i have a idea but i didn't started nothing yet,,,

foresta.wad

Map name: Attentive Forest

Compatibility: GZDoom

Tested in: ZDoom 2.8.1,

Jump/crouch: no

Difficulty settings: (yes/no)

Build time: 8 mounts

Tools used: Doom Builder 2, XWE 1.16

Resources: wad Doomed in Space Base submitted to Doomworld Omega Project 2018,
Actor NamiDarkImp 3100 from monsterpack

Music: map05 from 1994tu.wad

Comments:
File OMDWP18monsters.wad contains monsters in from map Doomed in Space Base (OMDWP18.wad)
and must be removing during the compilation of maps Doomworld Omega Project 2018.

Comments for avoiding overlaps:
Voltcom9 uses numbers of actors 9008-9018 in his decorate.
I use some numbers of actors 23324-23429. Details in my decorate in forest1.wad.
I use spawmid 200 for scripts.

foresta.zip

4 hours ago, Marlamir said:

Hopefully this project is not dead.

I don't think it's dead. I think scifista just doesn't see much point to updating a lot until it gets much closer to the end, at least in December. And I can understand why he feels that way.

5 hours ago, Pegleg said:

I don't think it's dead. I think scifista just doesn't see much point to updating a lot until it gets much closer to the end, at least in December. And I can understand why he feels that way.

Hopefully it is not. But if it is I'll just release my map stand alone. The map I am making is a semi slaughter map and it will be named Brutana.

Map is done and here is my entry:

Screenshot_Doom_20181113_201905.png.37bc7f9c5c2d24fa367dbe1edd761c33.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181114_163838.png.a9b99aa5c51734d4e7e644affcc5b92a.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181114_163906.png.aeb85d28842c02f9c512ddc194f1932f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181114_163915.png.84305562c361cf5bda26be3e3e4de5c3.png

Map name: Speedisimo
Compatibility: Vanilla
Tested in: Chocolate Doom, PrBoom+, Gzdoom (latest versions)
Difficulty settings: no

Difficulty: Ultra-violence
Build time: 5 days (1hr per day)
Tools used: Gzdoom builder (bug fix)
Resources: Doom 2 stock only

Jump/crouch: No

I try to made the map as fast as i can so i setup one rule for me at that was 5 hours of work so i decide to split this into 5days-1hr per day (strict) and here is the result.

Download:

marlamir-DMOP.zip

@pcorf

In the bottom screenshot, I can't decide if the Pain Elemental looks like it's left out and wants to join in and is headed that way, or if it's just watching the carnage, like it ordered the Cacodemon hit on the Cyberdemon.

From what you showed, I like the overall look.

I do have a concern and that is scifista42 has not been online on DW since September 24 so is it dead?, we'll see. Perhaps he is totally unaware about any submitted maps since September 24.

I'll release my map stand alone to idgames if so.

s42.jpg

Edited by pcorf

I'm deciding that going to remove my map from this project and try to get it into Doomworld Mega Project 2018, if not 2018 then 2019 or stand alone. I'm trying to record a demo as well and have almost made it to the exit.

@scifista42 I'm not going to be able to make a map for this year's DWMP (or rather DOPE), busy with a D64 CC map (sorry), Good luck to all Interested mappers. 

I am very interested in joining.  Just finished updating my latest map and would love to submit it to this thread.  I just completed it tonight.

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

The potential problem with doing that for some of the contributors here are the key rules of ToD's project:

• Stock textures, flats, monsters, sounds, etc. only
  • No ZDoom
  • You have to be able to beat your map on UV without saves

Some contributors here may run afoul of those rules and may have to do work to get their map in a condition to submit to that project.

ToD has suggested that next year's DMP will revert to the previous years' rules, so those maps may fit in DMP 2019, assuming ToD sticks to that idea.