Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

image.png.ab24fee5214a715a3f203f25de93f2d3.png

speedmapped what i'd call half of a smallish hell map to metallica MIDIs in about 15 minutes thursday night, came back today and heightmapped and gave the flats textures. i may or may not finish this, it has a classic vibe to it and i kinda like that though

@Tango That's a very good shot! The texturing is really well done and pops out the detailing and architecture with your smart contrasting. Ceiling looks fine to me, otherwise you might risk making the scene too busy, but that's just my opinion.

thanks mate! yeah for sure, that's definitely a risk. what I'm thinking I'll try is just some additional layers of green rock to transition between the height of those insets to the height of the main area, but even that might be too much. we'll see :D

Maybe you could add height variation to the black part of the ceiling, while keeping the color scheme as is, so that the players eyes don't wander into the ceiling and can instead focus on ground level and whatever action is going on there.

2 hours ago, Tango said:

greenhell.png.6017c1d0f46231665dd878682433c3b1.png

(still working on ceiling detail, ignore that little green nugget at the top of the column in the center)

That part does beg for more detail, but it's a great shot. You could get away with it as is. The OCD detailer that lingers in many a Doom mapper would think it needs moar sector

15 hours ago, bioshockfan90 said:

speedmapped what i'd call half of a smallish hell map to metallica MIDIs in about 15 minutes thursday night, came back today and heightmapped and gave the flats textures. i may or may not finish this, it has a classic vibe to it and i kinda like that though

Metallica MIDIs?

image.png.e5c0dd34534d940a1a6781bca26b97c7.png

On 11/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, guitardz said:

Not gonna lie, I would play the shit out of Doom with those textures.

Obviously my comment about Bridgeburner's shot was tongue in cheek, but my shot is actually from a level I'm currently working on, so you hopefully will get to play it at some point in the future.

All I can say are that there are some beautiful maps in this thread. Wow!

Yes, yes, yes and yes. So many great screenshots, it's just... wonderful. Why do I like Doom screenshots so much? What I want to say is: Don't stop posting them, even though I can't and won't comment on every single one of them. I just don't want to spam this thread with vapid comments.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:06 AM, Zanieon said:

What killed you there? Depending on what got you, that Medkit probably would serve nothing.

Chaingunner right behind medikit

TITLEPIC_v2_06.png.cee8f519b3e5b046f0d480ae47861fc4.png

My latest title screen design for the game in which gamer-controlled robots joined the ranks of law enforcement, and the protagonist has a bounty of 7500 lootbox keys on her head.

I think this looks pretty good now, but still kind of vaguely cheesy. Not sure how I could improve it though. I really like the general idea.

28 minutes ago, Catpho said:

"Redtek", an unfinished project from @Super Jamie, co-author of Uac Ultra (Link):

Iv0F9aD.png

The background looks like something out of Double Dragon or one of those old space shooters (R-Type, Gradius, Darius, Metal Black, etc)...

2 hours ago, Master O said:

The background looks like something out of Double Dragon or one of those old space shooters (R-Type, Gradius, Darius, Metal Black, etc)...

It's from Contra III for SNES:

image.png.352060be68f5a61b74bee7b779a73e62.png

1 hour ago, FuzzySpaceRaptor said:

Oh, it's nearly time, isn't it? I'm watching the calendar.

Well, that one certainly looks complex. Will it be available to play?

Yeah it's coming up quick. The map, I hope to have finished in time. Depends on how much I can work on it during the weekend.