Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Getting yourself started with Ultimate Doom Speedrunning.

Part 4: Thy Flesh Consumed

Hello.
I would like to post a video but I am French and I don't understand the words don't quote video. a few months ago I posted a link to a video from my YouTube channel but the link has been deleted. I must have made a mistake, but I don't know what mistake. Could you help me.
Thank you.

3 hours ago, blackdoom said:

Hello.
I would like to post a video but I am French and I don't understand the words don't quote video. a few months ago I posted a link to a video from my YouTube channel but the link has been deleted. I must have made a mistake, but I don't know what mistake. Could you help me.
Thank you.

"Quoting" simply means what I've done with your post here - repeated it inside my own post in order to reply to it. Quoting is done to provide context to a reply, but in a thread like this, this shouldn't be done to video embeds because the page would get taken up with the same large video thumbnail repeatedly, which would be tedious and annoying.

I don't know what could've caused your post to be deleted, that's not something the moderators here do usually. I didn't see your post myself, but this is the thread for sharing video, so you should feel free to do so. Just be wary that if your video has questionable content or it's not involved with Doom in any way then it won't be looked on favorably.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

"Quoting" simply means what I've done with your post here - repeated it inside my own post in order to reply to it. Quoting is done to provide context to a reply, but in a thread like this, this shouldn't be done to video embeds because the page would get taken up with the same large video thumbnail repeatedly, which would be tedious and annoying.

I don't know what could've caused your post to be deleted, that's not something the moderators here do usually. I didn't see your post myself, but this is the thread for sharing video, so you should feel free to do so. Just be wary that if your video has questionable content or it's not involved with Doom in any way then it won't be looked on favorably.

I didn't fully understand your explanations.

For the draduction I use https://www.deepl.com.
In the post that was deleted I had not incorporated the video. I don't know how to do it. I had put an external link to the video that is hosted on youtube.

11 hours ago, blackdoom said:

I didn't fully understand your explanations.

For the draduction I use https://www.deepl.com.
In the post that was deleted I had not incorporated the video. I don't know how to do it. I had put an external link to the video that is hosted on youtube.

I forgot to tell you that I am French. I don't speak English. I learned English in school a long time ago.

I wanted to celebrate Doom's 25th birthday in some way. What I had originally planned didn't work out, so instead here's a video of me making a complete arse of myself! Let's have a laugh and some fun on this awesome day!

Cross post from the relevant thread; had some great times DMing for the 25th anniversary. I hope to see more faces around some time!