Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Mortal Kombat 11

When I got the PC version of 9 I played it to 100% completion, but when I got 10 I tried a very little amount of it and then just didn't touch it since. I don't really feel excited for this next title.

Edited by Avoozl

Huh?

So that alleged QA tester who said the game was going to be announced on Thursday at The Game Awards wasn't lying. It actually happened, on top of getting a date for a gameplay reveal in January and a release date. Daaaaaamn.

I'm hyped :D .

Stoked for the game, but I'll avoid the PC version like the plague if MKX was anything to go by. Definitely something I'll get for my PS4.

Wow that could have been MK10 or 9. What an uninspiring trailer. Misplaced music. A long fight scene. It was such nothing that it would be a teaser... if it wasn't 2+ minutes long.

Yay Mileena is back, perhaps other characters will come back as well. The anouncment and release seem very oddly close together though.

2 hours ago, DoomUK said:

Stoked for the game, but I'll avoid the PC version like the plague if MKX was anything to go by. Definitely something I'll get for my PS4.

Heard the problems it had at launch were fixed.

I've seen some videos on various configurations and settings and it seems to be ok now.

:OOO I hope they make it as good as they did 9 because i thought X was a real stinker :(

Holy balls, they actually USED that music in the official trailer? I initially saw this video being shared by some unofficial FB page and figured some putz had carelessly laid the track over it before reposting the video. I can't believe that the studio execs or whomever thought that this was a good match for the video. 

I'm intrigued, but I'll need to re-download MKX from Steam and put in at least a few dozen more hours before I feel ready to buy this as well.

1 minute ago, Rimantas said:

Why they milk this franchise so much? 11th game...

Because, unlike other franchises which suffered from publishers/devs sucking the life out of them, MK has remained consistent and generally good over the years, so we're still looking forward to what it has to offer.

Personally, MKX didn't captivate me so much, primarily due to the change in art style, but 2011's (reboot) MK9 was brilliant. IMO, death has not come anywhere near this franchise.

6 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Why they milk this franchise so much? 11th game...

11th mainline game!There are many more spinoffs,also it's a fighting game franchise and making a shit ton of installments isn't that weird for that genre (SNK made 1 KoF a year in the 90s together will a bunch of other series and spin offs of KoF itself inbetween those)

3 minutes ago, SOSU said:

There are many more spinoffs

Have there been any noteworthy spinoffs besides MK vs. DC? Maybe I'm just not remembering, but the only other spinoffs I'm thinking of are the forgettable ones (Subzero Mythologies, etc.) that came out in the late 90's and early 2000's.

1 minute ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Have there been any noteworthy spinoffs besides MK vs. DC? Maybe I'm just not remembering, but the only other spinoffs I'm thinking of are the forgettable ones (Subzero Mythologies, etc.) that came out in the late 90's and early 2000's.

I think Shaolin Monks was one of the better ones.

Some of them were pretty forgettable though, such as Special Forces.

@Agent6 Special Forces was so forgettable I neglected to mention it, because I thought no one else would know what it was.

@SOSU right. So, no other notable spinoffs in well over a decade. In all honesty, I don't think it's weird that the franchise has as many mainline installments as it does. It's 26 years old, after all.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Heard the problems it had at launch were fixed.

I've seen some videos on various configurations and settings and it seems to be ok now.

And it's awesome. But it took them over a year to fix it, coinciding with the XL release on Steam - which itself was months behind consoles. I've heard the Injustice 2 port is really good, but that was also months behind consoles. Screw that noise, I wanna play stuff :)

1 hour ago, R4L said:

Mythologies is the best. dat voice acting

I enjoyed MK Mythologies. It's not bad once you get used to the controls. Midway should consider remastering MK Trilogy. 

Edited by Ajora

1 hour ago, DoomUK said:

And it's awesome. But it took them over a year to fix it, coinciding with the XL release on Steam - which itself was months behind consoles. I've heard the Injustice 2 port is really good, but that was also months behind consoles. Screw that noise, I wanna play stuff :)

Yeah, unfortunately the MK games don't get much love on PC nowadays :( . The launches were also later than the console versions as well. MK9 was released way back in 2011 but got on PC only in 2013, while Injustice took around a year or so to arrive on PC as well.

I suppose we should be thankful we can play them on PC, rather than have nothing. Also, remember that Arcade Kollection? After GFWL was shut down they never bothered to fix it, unlike folks at Rocksteady did with the Batman Arkham games, for instance. I still wish they'll see another re-release someday...

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

I enjoyed MK Mythologies. It's not bad once you get used to the controls. Midway should consider remastering MK Trilogy. 

I enjoyed the outtakes more than the game. The game is absurdly difficult, specifically the platforming.

As far as the song in the trailer goes, I think the instrumental would've worked decently, but the rapping doesn't do it any favours. It just sounds too languid.

Other than that, MK11 looks promising. I appreciate the turn from MKX's muted colour palette to a more vibrant one. That was always a sticking point, for as much as I enjoyed MKX otherwise. The time travel/timeline shenanigans should make for an interesting story, particularly if Raiden goes on a rampage. And this looks like the perfect game to include Spawn and the Doom Slayer as guests, but maybe I won't hold my breath waiting for them.

48 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

Best fighting game ever!

The Mortal Kombat series is great on account of its characters and gory spectacle, but plenty of fighting game series eclipse it in terms of depth, playability and balance. 

Please kindly keep your soundcloud mumble-rap out of my beloved Mortal Kombat, thanks. That was pure shit even aside from how unfitting it was. #MakeRapGreatAgain

8 minutes ago, Ajora said:

KoF98 is the bestest  

I saw that ninja edit! Listen, imma let you finish but just hear out my compelling points: SF2 IS THE GREATEST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME!!