Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

If I had to guess, the deadline was an attempt to get it out by Doom's birthday, and possibly for the sake of being Cacoward fodder.

On 10/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Antnee said:

Sectors outlined in this screenshot:

#bridgewalkunder
macro 1
{
Ceiling_SetHeight(10, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(11, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(12, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(13, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(14, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(15, 512);
Wait;
Sector_CopyLights(10, 20);
Sector_CopyLights(11, 21);
Sector_CopyLights(12, 22);
Sector_CopyLights(13, 23);
Sector_CopyLights(14, 24);
Sector_CopyLights(15, 25);
Sector_CopyTextures(10, 20);
Sector_CopyTextures(11, 21);
Sector_CopyTextures(12, 22);
Sector_CopyTextures(13, 23);
Sector_CopyTextures(14, 24);
Sector_CopyTextures(15, 25);
Floor_SetHeight(10, 40);
Floor_SetHeight(11, 72);
Floor_SetHeight(12, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(13, 40);
Floor_SetHeight(14, 40);
Floor_SetHeight(15, 72);
}

#bridgewalkover
macro 2
{
Ceiling_SetHeight(10, -16);
Ceiling_SetHeight(11, -32);
Ceiling_SetHeight(12, 72);
Ceiling_SetHeight(13, 72);
Ceiling_SetHeight(14, 512);
Ceiling_SetHeight(15, 512);
Wait;
Sector_CopyLights(10, 30);
Sector_CopyLights(11, 31);
Sector_CopyLights(12, 32);
Sector_CopyLights(13, 33);
Sector_CopyLights(14, 34);
Sector_CopyLights(15, 35);
Sector_CopyTextures(10, 30);
Sector_CopyTextures(11, 31);
Sector_CopyTextures(12, 32);
Sector_CopyTextures(13, 33);
Sector_CopyTextures(14, 34);
Sector_CopyTextures(15, 35);
Floor_SetHeight(10, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(11, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(12, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(13, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(14, -160);
Floor_SetHeight(15, -160);
}

image.png

All the brown/green linedefs have an upper AND lower texture of "blank" on the front (except for the top and bottom green lines).  Once you confirm everything is working, you'll want to change grid size to 1x1 and move the vertices of those hidden linedefs as close to a regular linedef as possible, so that the sectors are basically 1-pixel wide slivers.

What you don't see is that I have two copies of this setup in a "junk" sector.  One for walk-under, one for walk-over.  Lighting and textures are different for both, so you use the "copylights" and "copytextures" as needed.  The macros need to be triggered in a spot where the player can't actually see the change take place, for obvious reasons.  Like around a corner or whatever.

You'll need to make sure that you have a "Wait" between the ceiling moves and floor moves, otherwise one or the other won't complete properly.  Not sure if that's a bug or just how it is...

Also, make sure that you block enemies from moving about either under or over, otherwise if the macros are triggered while the enemy is inside a changing sector, the change won't complete and you'll be left with a buggy, untextured mess.

How to do 3d shit in D64ex ^

If a lot of people still can't make the deadline after having a substantial amount of work done, you could branch off. It's better than to rush things.

10 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

If a lot of people still can't make the deadline after having a substantial amount of work done, you could branch off. It's better than to rush things.

This. January 1st makes way more sense. Otherwise 70% of submiters will fail to submit their map.

I'm going to do one more update before the final versions of these maps are officially uploaded. Please throw me some feedback so I can smooth out the kinks and make it as fun/playable as possible. Difficulty settings implemented but needs work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtwv8sljvlq31rv/map07.wad?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzcn0b8ehxiefpi/map21.wad?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3b1q2ldswernas/map29.wad?dl=0

d643.jpg

d642.jpg

d641.jpg

Yea I don't think I will make the Dec 10 deadline either. This is why short deadlines are bad, while it may encourage quicker mapping it also does not leave much room for "life happens" scenarios. I suggest we extend to 2019, either the 1st or late January.

Not making any promises but if I finish this map in time (bit off more than I could chew) I'll try to work on a second map if no one contributes.

2 hours ago, Nevander said:

Yea I don't think I will make the Dec 10 deadline either. This is why short deadlines are bad, while it may encourage quicker mapping it also does not leave much room for "life happens" scenarios. I suggest we extend to 2019, either the 1st or late January. 

I concur, and especially because for a lot of folks contributing this is literally their first time with mapping in EX.  There's a learning curve to overcome.

Very well. We will make the deadline January 1st. I will update the initial post.

In addition, I will make a separate thread JUST FOR map submissions, to avoid the clutter.

For DTWID Ellmo made a website we could upload our submissions to. It would be handy if DW had such a feature for established projects...

Throw me on the list for level 23.  I've had a really strange concept floating in my head for a while... Let's see if it pans out.

Edited by Antnee

On 11/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, GoatLord said:

In anticipation of there not being enough mappers, I secretly started work on a third map, and I'll finish it if I can get the other two completely done, which I think is possible.

doom64.jpg

The Green Inferno Skybox and that Tower looks alot like Paul Féval's Vampire City

here

@StevenC21, PLEASE, don't forget next time to post links if you're making new threads. This is the second time you forgot to make, not everybody can found your posts. You should mention yourself for this.

I'll be honest, @StevenC21: You're not being quite as proactive on here as you could be. There's some very passionate mappers here (including myself) who want to see this completed, and as project manager, you need to step in more often to update and discuss things. Not trying to tell you what to do, just saying.