Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Already working on my next heretic map. you can see now I invented the dragonstone golem, I already got to activate the give infrared command in the console because the room was too dark, the dragonstone golem is for an acs script which before passing through the barrier to boss famine, im still looking into ideas for a sprite sheet for famine

Screenshot_Heretic_20181211_225945.png

Edited by RonLivingston : I forgot about the dragonstone golem having acs scripts

i was in need of some nice dark desktop backgrounds so i decided to make some myself

infernewWallpaperKabzeel2.png.558a9ff9a4853bd88640a441c447a0da.png

you can find a few variants here in this album: https://imgur.com/a/b1Yoirk

this is the image used in the background of the, uh... background:

a3CDuQp.png

~~~

edit: i forgot to give credit as pointed out

amazdoom left and right font: https://www.dafont.com/amazdoom.font

i dont know where the normal doom font comes from, but it came with the copy of bitmap font writer somebody gave me

yay evil cacodemon: https://www.deviantart.com/ultravioletbat/art/Yay-Evil-111710573 (i didn't cut it out myself, but it wouldn't really make sense to credit the person that did)

glow around the words and picture: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/8375-drop-shadow-and-other-effects-krisvdms-plugin-pack-updated-2010-10-26/ (part of this plugin pack for paint.net)

tool used to take isometric screenshot: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/98689-nasty-not-a-sourceport-thank-you-alpha-4/

the map is mine, but technically the assets belong to id software

Edited by bonnie

1 hour ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

A few finished locactions on my Nova III map:

these look incredible. I love the colors and the lighting and the textures. the yellow ceiling lights look a little out of place to me maybe? I'm not sure if that might just be because I somewhat undeservedly associate those kinds of lights with a techy theme though. but I think the little gothic lights that are used all over Sunlust (among other places), with the thin lights on black marble squares, might be more fitting.

looks really fantastic though, I love those shots

@Tango My thanks! Now, when I'm near to burnout your words are very inspiring. It remains to hope that the gameplay will come out not too exhausting. I plan a very huge non-linear map, where player easily can get lost...

My god, I love all the Doom screenshots! T_T @StormCatcher.77  Yours look especially great. Love the rocky hellscape. Have something similar in my map and it looks like crap compared to yours. xD

4 hours ago, elend said:

... it looks like crap...

I prefer the term "sketch". I think any map location has the potential for "endless improvement." You just need to stop on time. Maybe someday the thought will come to you that there are too many details on your maps and mapmaking turns into something like a work. ;]

Just love what you creating. Thanks for your attention!

Ohh sweet dingo, soo many awesome and beautiful screenies out there. I really like spending my time here and see how some of you are incredibly talented.

etrn143.png
etrn144.png

Just learned about linked portals in eternity(classic way) and testing newly released otex set. Next time, I'll post something more polished :""""")

Just updated the Interception II thread's opening post with a plethora of new screenshots. A few I really like:

F0vbz2o.png

Map07: "The Everlaster" by joe-ilya

7goW7HA.png

Map16: "Asteroid Assault" by DerFurer'sFace

AgSB2tb.png

Map03: Untitled Map by Myst.Haruko & DMPhobos

No, you can't stop making sector furniture yet, you need to make a toilet first!

Doom furniture is great unless it's in cramped rooms and you gotta stumble over it. That right there looks cool and good tho

9 hours ago, xdarkmasterx said:

my first DECORATE boss attack function test

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's even better than my bosses, really when you launch it I will learn a lot from you

8 hours ago, elend said:

There, I did it. My first "Doom furniture". I heard many Doom players don't really like this, however. Now that it's out of my system, I will probably not build much more.

I never used to like it but I think that's because a lot of the furniture in older maps and stuff was damned fugly. Your furniture is pretty nice tho. I like the dead guy on the table. He was already dead from the meatballs when the demons found him.... ;)