Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onetruepurple

A birthday gift from Quake mappers to Doom: Speedmap #189!

@Pinchy making a SHAWN2 truck in the Quake engine is the most Pinchy thing I can think of. These look awesome. Thanks!!

15 hours ago, onetruepurple said:

Absolutely disgusting. I'd rather you didn't play them at all than debase them with HD textures and RT lighting.

I agree that the screenshots on the page i linked aren't good. HD textures and rt lights are optional in AfterQuake, you can download them on the menu if you want, as well as other goodies. What is good in AfterQuake is that it uses FTE, the most advanced client. 

in the end of the day, looks are a matter of preference. FTE supports everything :)

Edited by Mushi

Has anyone played these yet?  How in the hell are you supposed to beat TBA143?  By the time I get done with the first two rangers, I'm left with an axe only.  I demand to see a video of someone beating this.  lol

5 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

Has anyone played these yet?  How in the hell are you supposed to beat TBA143?  By the time I get done with the first two rangers, I'm left with an axe only.  I demand to see a video of someone beating this.  lol

Well... I turned god mode on, ran through it, fell through the floor and somehow completed it. Seems like the mapper forgot to include weapons. Or ammunition.

9 hours ago, Jello said:

Well... I turned god mode on, ran through it, fell through the floor and somehow completed it. Seems like the mapper forgot to include weapons. Or ammunition.

They added a secret lightning gun. That was about all I could find after spending a few minutes running around, grabbing the key, opening a door and getting killed.

17 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

How in the hell are you supposed to beat TBA143? By the time I get done with the first two rangers, I'm left with an axe only.

I've killed enforcers and dogs with axe and, well, enforcers. After teleporting to the other side I've grabbed quad and killed everything on the bridge with shotgun. Somehow it only took me 2 attempts to beat that map even without finding the secret shaft.

5 hours ago, Beginner said:

I've killed enforcers and dogs with axe and, well, enforcers. After teleporting to the other side I've grabbed quad and killed everything on the bridge with shotgun. Somehow it only took me 2 attempts to beat that map even without finding the secret shaft.

I would love to see a video play through of that. I've attempted 3 or 4 times with just the axe to save up ammo in the shotgun and get killed as soon as the 2nd room opens up.

This truck is the cutest thing. Also don't think the faithful recreation of Spawning Vats' blue armor room escaped notice.

9 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

I would love to see a video play through of that. I've attempted 3 or 4 times with just the axe to save up ammo in the shotgun and get killed as soon as the 2nd room opens up.

Here's a recording of a FDA.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:46 AM, Beginner said:

Here's a recording of a FDA.

Pardon my ignorance but what's an FDA? First demo attempt?

18 hours ago, dpkonofa said:

Pardon my ignorance but what's an FDA? First demo attempt?

Yeah, that's a demo recording of playing the level without prior knowledge of the level.

8 hours ago, Beginner said:

Yeah, that's a demo recording of playing the level without prior knowledge of the level.

Yeah... looks like I haven't played Quake in a while. That demo made my last attempts look amateur hour. Forget about a first attempt!