Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Teaser pic of "Sonic" movie pretty dang weird

My childhood idolization of the blue blur aside, this kind of thing elicits not anger or disgust, but pure confusion and bafflement. Jim Carey has also been confirmed as Dr. Robotnik. The studio has said publicly that Sonic has fur (an odd choice because hedgehogs have spines). He has muscular, human-like appendages. It seems to say a lot about Hollywood's continual ignorance of gamer culture, their cluelessness about how to translate from one medium to another, and most interestingly, a desperate fear of 2-D animation, despite anime still being a major part of the American zeitgeist. It's one of the more fascinating misfires from the entertainment industry in the last few years.

sonic.jpg

Edited by GoatLord

Just now, Fonze said:

I like how it's advertised as from the producer of the fast and the furious.

It feels more cartoonish than what the equivalent SNL bit or Mad Magazine article would cook up.

After Mister Metokur exposed the weird ass fanart from the Sonic fandom, I can never look at Sonic the same ever again!  Mega Man is the better blue hero anyways!  :D

How is it possible that a live action Pokémon movie can look better and cooler than a Sonic movie? Pikachu even looks like Pikachu. Sonic looks....what?

57 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Sonic has fur (an odd choice because hedgehogs have spines)

They also have fur, though. But, mostly, they look like this:

v7JhvO4.jpg

Xr8GmrH.jpg

VTPtHjX.jpg

CdbsjVo.jpg

(Last one  is full of ticks, poor critter.)

So it's clear that something that looks like Sega's mascot isn't going to look even remotely like an actual hedgehog.

You forgot this gem

jae0yiir6r321.jpg

(edit: what does "a whole new speed of hero" even mean)

Edited by tempdecal.wad

Apparently, this is a leaked internal poster from roughly a year ago. I'm going to vomit or cry or both.

IMG_20181213_172712.jpg.a8c20c649370085e7b56b9dae5d2bc8d.jpg

Haha that looks worse than the sonic in Sonic Boom and the 3d Games. Who did this terrible redesign I bet the other characters look even more terrifying. They didn't even bother giving him socks, monsters!

2 hours ago, Maser said:

After Mister Metokur exposed the weird ass fanart from the Sonic fandom, I can never look at Sonic the same ever again!

DowMW0FW0AcKSzy.jpg:large

Sonic thinks you need to find better youtube subscribes.

48 minutes ago, Ed said:

Apparently, this is a leaked internal poster from roughly a year ago. I'm going to vomit or cry or both.

IMG_20181213_172712.jpg.a8c20c649370085e7b56b9dae5d2bc8d.jpg

I thought sonic hated cops.

As a Sonic fan i can just say...please stop the production of this movie :)

I can't get over the extremely human legs in that bridge shot. I almost want to see this movie, knowing that it will be an unmitigated disaster.

Good lord, science has gone too far. While I understand that you have to change certain things for movies, I really... can't understand this. What is this, it really looks weird. He looks more like a rodent than... wait, are Hedgehogs rodents, too? Whatever, he looks just plain weird.

19 minutes ago, elend said:

wait, are Hedgehogs rodents, too?

Nope! They're distantly related to shrews, which are not rodents either even if they're often confused with mouses. Rodents are characterized by the need to gnaw constantly to abrade their ever-growing incisors; hedgehogs on the other hand eat insects and slugs so they have pointy canine teeth, like the carnivora family.

yt2IzPg.png

You won't see rodents with teeth like these.

When you're a Sonic fan you sign up for shit like this. Honestly I can't wait, I've been hoping for a super shitty movie to happen for years and it's finally here.

I fucking hate all these creepy uncanny valley 3D remakes of shit that was designed to be 2D. 2D animation is so much more inspired and so rare these days. This Sanic abomination is particularly bad, but the new “3D realistic so kool” Pokémon and Disney shit coming at us just seems like shlock as well. Inferior versions of existing masterpieces, or in the case of the Pokémon movie, the absolutely bizarre decision to give Pikachu the voice and attitude of Deadpool (literally all of my wat)

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I fucking hate all these creepy uncanny valley 3D remakes of shit that was designed to be 2D.

To some extent it would seem studios are feeling pressured to compete with photo real 3D cartoons, which if you think about it is something kids consume a lot of, probably more than 2D cartoons.