Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GhostPlayer

[Completed] MegaWad - Eternal Nightmares V1.1

4 minutes ago, jerrysheppy said:

Looks very well textured!  When can we expect to be able to play this?  :)

Just complete 2 maps only. Put a date is difficult but just have 5 maps I can post a demo to play.

Hi Doomers :D

The maps 05 - 08 - 13 - 17 - 30 - 31 and 32 would be the only ones missing. 

I can not give an exact date, but my intention is not to spend the month before finishing it.

Map 22 (Demo UV):

Hello Doomers :D

[Demo] - Map 25:

[pics] Map 25 and 16:

eohiBWZ.jpg

4ymlRyw.png

7PmXqNj.png

Edited by GhostPlayer : change spoiler

In the last screenshot, I see that your skybox doesn't loop properly. You should replace it with looping version.

Also, why main information about wad is in spoilers?You should bring to it at visible space above all these spoilers, so people will have better idea what to expect from your maps or what port they must use to test all this thing. Last thing - I really recommend get gzdoom port, it has modern and legacy versions and most of vulnerabilities are patched, as I see you using doom in hexen format for your stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

In the last screenshot, I see that your skybox doesn't loop properly. You should replace it with looping version.

Also, why main information about wad is in spoilers?You should bring to it at visible space above all these spoilers, so people will have better idea what to expect from your maps or what port they must use to test all this thing. Last thing - I really recommend get gzdoom port, it has modern and legacy versions and most of vulnerabilities are patched, as I see you using doom in hexen format for your stuff. 

The spoiler is to not occupy so much space in the post (in other forums they told me that)

"Last thing - I really recommend get gzdoom port, it has modern and legacy versions and most of vulnerabilities are patched, as I see you using doom in hexen format for your stuff."

- Thanks for the recommendation, I should use the gzdoom but. How to get everything to the GZDoom port? D':

I'm going to take the time to update the information and order the post. I'm the only port I used was (doom in hexen format). I never use another one, that's why it was easier for me to create them there are maps, but I think I'll have to get used to the most current

PD: Sorry for my bad English XD

1 minute ago, GhostPlayer said:

The spoiler is to not occupy so much space in the post (in other forums they told me that)

"Last thing - I really recommend get gzdoom port, it has modern and legacy versions and most of vulnerabilities are patched, as I see you using doom in hexen format for your stuff."

- Thanks for the recommendation, I should use the gzdoom but. How to get everything to the GZDoom port? D':

I'm going to take the time to update the information and order the post. I'm the only port I used was (doom in hexen format). I never use another one, that's why it was easier for me to create them there are maps, but I think I'll have to get used to the most current

PD: Sorry for my bad English XD

You can use two ports for testing, just not sure if doom builder 2 supports that, I don't use that much. Actually, where's nothing wrong with zdoom(doom in hexen) mapping format(it's not a port, but mapping format) , you can still do maps in it and use both ports(ports are programs which runs doom and your maps). 

You can put main information in code window, as you did in spoilers and it should save some space.

11 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

You can use two ports for testing, just not sure if doom builder 2 supports that, I don't use that much. Actually, where's nothing wrong with zdoom(doom in hexen) mapping format(it's not a port, but mapping format) , you can still do maps in it and use both ports(ports are programs which runs doom and your maps). 

You can put main information in code window, as you did in spoilers and it should save some space.

"I see that your skybox doesn't loop properly. You should replace it with looping version."

How is it done? >.<

8 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

"I see that your skybox doesn't loop properly. You should replace it with looping version."

How is it done? >.<

Well, I'm not sure how to solve this, but you can ask help for community in editing forum section and maybe they provide solution to this small problem or tell you where search clues. Just look at your last demo, it has that sky which doesn't loop properly. Oh and this means that I confused you a bit by mixing things, because screenshot isn't last. Sorry. But yeah, look at your last demo closely. 

Congrats on the release!

This probably got overshadowed by the amount of awesome projects coming out in the past week, screenshots look fantastic.

I'm adding this to my backlog and hopefully will get around to playing it soon.

23 minutes ago, Terminus said:

Congrats on the release!

This probably got overshadowed by the amount of awesome projects coming out in the past week, screenshots look fantastic.

I'm adding this to my backlog and hopefully will get around to playing it soon.

Yes, that's true I think there are many better projects. I would like comments to know how to edit, that would help me a lot.

I plan to do part 2 later, but first I want to see how this worked. (my english is very bad xD)

Don't worry about your english. The Maps look really nice, I will play this, too. Gotta finish some other stuff first, though. ;/

Congratz on the release!
Unfortunately, by looking at the trailer, the wad gameplay style isn't much my taste >.< But the maps looked very well done architecturally!

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Congratz on the release!
Unfortunately, by looking at the trailer, the wad gameplay style isn't much my taste >.< But the maps looked very well done architecturally!

Thank you,

My intention with the wad is that there is not a salughter map, many people do not like this game style (that's why maps have different levels some do not have as many monsters and others if, try to accommodate it for all people xD)

I opened this up and idcleved around and thought it looked like something I'd play. Monster counts were usually pretty low, too. Then I watched the trailer. Apparently I didn't happen upon any of those levels. I guess we shall see.

1 hour ago, HAK3180 said:

I opened this up and idcleved around and thought it looked like something I'd play. Monster counts were usually pretty low, too. Then I watched the trailer. Apparently I didn't happen upon any of those levels. I guess we shall see.

There are 32 maps, if you want to see the wad at its maximum potential I recommend the "UV" :D

If you have doubts in the trailer, these maps come out (map29, map30, map17, map20, map07, map10, map21, map22, map31 secret map). With idclip you will not see much, I recommend playing it from 0 

I played the first two and Map 05 (because of small monster count). The wad seems to be well done and polished. I think there's definitely a market for this, but I'm just not really part of it.

this seems great mate. what an accomplishment to have a full 32 maps, too :D I played the first handful of maps and enjoyed them so far. I skimmed through the rest of the maps for now and saw a lot of stuff I am looking forward to playing, especially all the maps with aggressive cyberdemon starts >:D map30 especially looks really cool, can't wait to get to that one.

one thing that I think would make a huge difference in the visual quality of the maps would be more lighting contrast. this was not the case for all maps it seems, but a lot of them (especially the ones with your traditional brown gothic brick + red hell rock theme) seemed really bright all throughout the map, as if the player always has light goggles on. map23, for example, is almost entirely at brightness level 192. I think that adding a lot more somewhat extreme lighting contrast (kind of like what you see here in Doom II: Hellscape) would be a good way to make the maps look nicer, without a ton of effort. (I really love map23's layout though!!)

in any case, looking forward to revisiting this and playing some more maps. awesome work :D

1 hour ago, Tango said:

this seems great mate. what an accomplishment to have a full 32 maps, too :D I played the first handful of maps and enjoyed them so far. I skimmed through the rest of the maps for now and saw a lot of stuff I am looking forward to playing, especially all the maps with aggressive cyberdemon starts >:D map30 especially looks really cool, can't wait to get to that one.

one thing that I think would make a huge difference in the visual quality of the maps would be more lighting contrast. this was not the case for all maps it seems, but a lot of them (especially the ones with your traditional brown gothic brick + red hell rock theme) seemed really bright all throughout the map, as if the player always has light goggles on. map23, for example, is almost entirely at brightness level 192. I think that adding a lot more somewhat extreme lighting contrast (kind of like what you see here in Doom II: Hellscape) would be a good way to make the maps look nicer, without a ton of effort. (I really love map23's layout though!!)

in any case, looking forward to revisiting this and playing some more maps. awesome work :D

thank you :p

You were right, I was so eager to throw it that I forgot that some maps were missing edition with the lights and the textures will take into account, modify them to make the environment more pleasant. Also another thing to forget is to modify some maps for online, all this will take into account to correct it in the future (big mistake not pay attention to some maps) I hope to leave it well polished to this, and a future could come out part 2, if I get to have extra help I would be very good. But that for later.

The explanation of why some maps are better edited is that the first maps, was when I was practicing and now that the best maps have been published, those are the ones that came out with the best editing (I lost the notion a bit because when doing so many maps alone you lose) so some are more ugly than others xD calm that this wad is to see how it goes, with the help of your comments could create a very good wad, this type of comments is what I seek. many thanks.

I hope to see who happens first on 30