Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Custom weapon error messages

So I decided to have a go at coding my own custom weapon from scratch rather than just copy/pasting other peoples code. I get 2 errors though. The first problem is that gzdoom builder complains about missing sprites even though I put them into the sprites folder and I don't understand why. The second problem is that when gzdoom runs it complains about weapon selection order being an unknown property which is odd since the zdoom wiki says it's a real one.

Screenshots in spoiled below. What is causing the errors?

Spoiler

mvDHHfp.png

y7O003t.png

OxWyGHe.png

Your weapon doesn't inherit from the weapon actor itself. You need to do: "Actor testgun : Weapon 11004"

Otherwise your code seems fine.

1 hour ago, -TDRR- said:

Your weapon doesn't inherit from the weapon actor itself. You need to do: "Actor testgun : Weapon 11004"

Otherwise your code seems fine.

Tried that and I just got this error:

"DECORATE warning in "simpleweapon.pk3\decorate", line 35. Unable to find "Weapon" class to inherit from, while parsing "testgun:11004"."

24 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Tried that and I just got this error:

"DECORATE warning in "simpleweapon.pk3\decorate", line 35. Unable to find "Weapon" class to inherit from, while parsing "testgun:11004"."

Send me the PK3 file, i really don't know what is going on with that weapon.

EDIT: Your version of GZDoom is outdated, update to the latest one just in case.

Two issues I can see right away... as said you need to at least inherit from Weapon base class. Secondly, you are missing Loop on Select and Deselect.

4 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Two issues I can see right away... as said you need to at least inherit from Weapon base class. Secondly, you are missing Loop on Select and Deselect.

50 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

Send me the PK3 file, i really don't know what is going on with that weapon.

EDIT: Your version of GZDoom is outdated, update to the latest one just in case.

I am using gzdoom 3.6 I think and I still get these errors.

I added the loop to select and deselect and I still get errors. I have uploaded the pk3

simpleweapon.zip

Your GZDoom installation must be busted, works perfectly fine in my GZDoom 1.8.6 install.

One thing though, it's not FIR2AO, it's a zero, so it would be FIR2A0. That is why GZDoom Builder had those errors.

14 hours ago, -TDRR- said:

Your GZDoom installation must be busted, works perfectly fine in my GZDoom 1.8.6 install.

One thing though, it's not FIR2AO, it's a zero, so it would be FIR2A0. That is why GZDoom Builder had those errors.

I changed the O's to 0's and now at least I don't get the sprite error. But I still get the "DECORATE warning in "simpleweapon.pk3\decorate", line 37. Unable to find "Weapon" class to inherit from, while parsing "testgun:11004"." error which can't have anything to do with gzdoom because this happens inside of Gzdoom builder rather than gzdoom of which I am using a very recent version.

30 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I changed the O's to 0's and now at least I don't get the sprite error. But I still get the "DECORATE warning in "simpleweapon.pk3\decorate", line 37. Unable to find "Weapon" class to inherit from, while parsing "testgun:11004"." error which can't have anything to do with gzdoom because this happens inside of Gzdoom builder rather than gzdoom of which I am using a very recent version.

You just ignore that, it won't affect mapping at all.

7 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

You just ignore that, it won't affect mapping at all.

Yea it does. It won't even run and I am using gzdoom 3.60 which I believe is the latest version. I just get this error:

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "simpleweapon.pk3:decorate" line 6:
'@property@weapon.selectionorder' is an unknown actor property

After changing the O's to 0's I did get rid of the sprite errors as I said, but for some reason both Gzdoom builder as well as Gzdoom complain about unknown classes and properties.

EDIT: Never mind I deleted the : weapon from the decorate code by mistake. I still have some other problems that are unrelated but I think I can fix those unless I state otherwise.

EDIT 2: For some reason nothing happens when I press the fire button and I can't change weapons after I pick up the gun.

31 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Yea it does. It won't even run and I am using gzdoom 3.60 which I believe is the latest version. I just get this error:

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "simpleweapon.pk3:decorate" line 6:
'@property@weapon.selectionorder' is an unknown actor property

After changing the O's to 0's I did get rid of the sprite errors as I said, but for some reason both Gzdoom builder as well as Gzdoom complain about unknown classes and properties.

Make sure you are doing "testgun : weapon" and reinstall GZDoom, because it's running fine on my PC.

13 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

Make sure you are doing "testgun : weapon" and reinstall GZDoom, because it's running fine on my PC.

I still get the error and the weapon doesn't fire in-game or let me switch weapons. What version of Gzdoom are you using?

1 minute ago, -TDRR- said:

Tested in 1.8.6 and 3.6.0.

You forgot the A_WeaponReady codepointer in the Ready state.

And now my computer explod.....just kidding it worked now!

I love it how sometimes it's just little things like these that can break everything.......