Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

Can you believe people on YouTube still complaining about a female lead in doom i wish people would see the movie first before they complain about it 

1 hour ago, NBH said:

Can you believe people on YouTube still complaining about a female lead in doom i wish people would see the movie first before they complain about it 

YouTube is a hive mind for people who cry anything about females because apparently it's "SJW propaganda".

Yeah one person said this movie is go woke go broke which is highly unlikely going to happen beacuse

1.it's direct to video/DVD/digital streaming

2.it's going to be successful because it going to be much closer to the games

3. IT'S DOOM!!!

I like how everyone thinks the movie is going to be bad because it has a female protagonist but nobody's mentioned the fact that Tony Giglio doesn't have a history of making good movies.

6 hours ago, NBH said:

Especially the Doomgirl idiots when it was confirmed a while ago that Doomguy IS in the movie. 

So looks like actress Katrina Nare has been doing post production ADR(Automated Dialog Replacement)

Looks like she's having a fun time i know i would if i was cast in a doom film.

20 hours ago, Marn said:

I like how everyone thinks the movie is going to be bad because it has a female protagonist but nobody's mentioned the fact that Tony Giglio doesn't have a history of making good movies.

A direct-to-video Doom movie being bad? No way!!!

I really think this has potential to be a decent sci-fi action flick. Director Tony Giglio's Rotten Tomatoes ratings are...worrisome, to say the least, but unlike the 2005 version, we have a decades-long fan at the helm, who has stated on Twitter that this is based on the original game (albeit with a few bits and pieces from Doom 3), and judging from the media that's been shown, it's tonally in the right direction.

Also wanted to add a quick thought, hopefully without needlessly stirring the pot: Right from the get-go, I thought it was great that there are quite a few more female and black actors in the cast compared to the original, and not once did it feel like political or forced. This sort of decision can make it easier to differentiate between characters, and forces us to identify with a variety of characters. That's just a good casting move.

Having women and minorities in the movie is fine. Even the original game had them (the chaingunners are black, and the mancubie are female). What people hate is garbage like the The Last Jedi where the sole and only purpose of the female characters is to be a poster child for the "womanz are strong!!!!!!!" narrative that the writers are trying to push. Nobody complained about characters like Ripley in the Alien movies being female because being female was only a part of her character, rather than BEING her whole character. It's the same with every other form of forced diversity in movies. If you are going to write a female character, then create a CHARACTER.

Good example of female character: Ripley from Alien series

Bad example of female character: Rey from star wars sequel trilogy.

That's the last time I will comment on the politics of this movie. Now I will just wait for it, and hope it will be any good :)

The chaingunners are...black? Mancubi are...female? Okay, let's open up this can of worms, @hardcore_gamer, I'm interested in how you came to those conclusions. Not saying I disagree, necessarily, although the demons always seemed a-gender to me.

4 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

The chaingunners are...black? Mancubi are...female? Okay, let's open up this can of worms, @hardcore_gamer, I'm interested in how you came to those conclusions. Not saying I disagree, necessarily, although the demons always seemed a-gender to me.

Wait, the chaingunners are not black? I've always thought they were muscular black men with a stash and goatee.

I don't think those are enough pixels to determine ethnicity, haha! He could be Indian, Cambodian, Latino, hell, he just might be a white dude with dark "undead" skin. It's not really clear.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Antnee said:

Not expecting anything out of the new one to be honest.  There's only been one good Doom movie and it's called Event Horizon.

Screamers felt pretty Doom. Complete with enemies that look alike.

1 hour ago, DooM_RO said:

We should ask Romero. Is the chaingunner black and does he have a goatee?

Or we could not be cringelords. How about that?

i was just posting movie updates i didn't know it would be like this

1 hour ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Every time this thread gets revived it gets worse, holy shit.

I don't see anything really bad happening right now. Just a weird discussion about the chaingunner. XD

42 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

I don't see anything really bad happening right now. Just a weird discussion about the chaingunner. XD

And a bit about the Mancubus. They're female, don't forget about their six nipples!