Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duke of Pathoris

Scooby Doom?

I don't suppose this is the best place to post them. There isn't a good place to post them. This is a product of holiday boredom that occurred when playing Doom and watching Scooby Doo. I just lazily threw this together in gimp so it's obviously not very good.

I have a classic version:

Spoiler

scoobydoom.png.5c43e135f171fc77646c3bbdeff3dd6d.png

And a more modern version:

Spoiler

331bd6afe140f6fdd0baf746fee488b2.png.f3464c8115dcbd713d29dae91f884d64.png

Thoughts?

It's DOOM. And Scooby Doo. Put together to form a more important idea. Do I think, maybe, that Scrappy Doo would be a good addition to this mix? Yes, certainly Scrappy Doo makes sense too.

Also, I was thinking about how some of the other Creative Works that are not as good as Scooby Doo look more like an advertisement for a cellular phone company, or a television satellite dish. But this is different, it's like Zoinks! Scooby Doo in the role of DOOM guy.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

So what'd it be? Scooby snacks as a health bonus? 

and probably boxes of them as medikits.

It's coming together in my mind already. The monsters could be Space Kook, the Creeper and all those classic Scooby Doo villains. Maybe grab the Nibiru Entity from Mystery Incorporated for a final boss. Weapons, though, are just too hard to think of. Unless it could be doom guy in that universe.

Also, there would be Clues in the same way that HeXen has a puzzle (i.e. switches).

Just now, Cell said:

*The gang has The Icon of Sin tied up*
Fred: - Now let's see who you really are!
*Removes baphomet mask*
Fred: - JOHN ROMERO???!

That's bloody brilliant. I see a fanfiction coming along here.

"Scooby Doom" is such a great name, this has to be turned into a mod.

Looks pretty awesome :v .

Now that I see this, it reminds me of something from the Random Image thread:

DlUXk6oV4AAS5H.jpg

LOL.

It brings to mind a dream I had when I was an 8 years old:

"Scooby-Doo and his team walked in the MAP19 of Final TNT and killed some monsters. Suddenly they found a truck with UAC-logo (you remember that truck with a red key) and then started to think about do the next. Then the dream was interrupted by some sort of chocolate advertisement with a freak that looks like a dinosaur from Chewits. Freak said: "Of course, not Dummas-Shmumas".

On 7/18/2018 at 6:33 PM, Polaris said:

if i could make doom .WADs, i would TOTALLY make Scooby Doom.

I'm sitting here hoping a modder comes along and obliges us. Imagine hearing scooby's laugh every time you one-shot a monster

8 minutes ago, cptdiggs said:

I'm sitting here hoping a modder comes along and obliges us. Imagine hearing scooby's laugh every time you one-shot a monster

and boxes of scooby snacks replace berserk packs

On 7/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, Duke of Pathoris said:

That's bloody brilliant. I see a fanfiction coming along here.

"But why?" said Daphne, stunned by the revelation. "Mr. Romero, why would you try to kill us?!"

Romero glared at her briefly, then rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Come on," he snarked. "Don't you guys get it? You need me... and I need you. We both have our parts to play you see. You can't be the good guy, without a bad guy."

"...He's right," Velma said as she pushed her glasses back up. "Think about it, we wouldn't have gone on this adventure without him pulling the strings."

"Yeah, and like, we wouldn't have been nearly killed either! Right, Scoob?"

"Ruh-uh!"

"Yeah, but he still needs to pay for what he's done," Fred said as he wiped the blood off of his gloves. "We've done horrible things thanks to him."

"Huh. So I help you guys become the heroes, and you still blame me? Fools!" Romero grinned, and lept to his feet.

Time stood still. How could he have done that? His hands were tied.

...His hands should've been tied.

......His hands were supposed to be tied.

"Hey, wait!" Fred tried to reach around to grab him, but to no avail. The bright green sparkle of a teleporter was all that remained of Romero, as it fizzled from existence.

"...He got away," Daphne lamented.

"So, like, what are we gonna do? I'm gettin' kinda hungry here, right Scoob?"

The dog responded by licking its chops at the mass of meat that had once been a Mancubus, lying feet away. He reached into his armor and pulled out a fork and knife, then began tying a bib around his neck.

"What else? We follow it through," Fred said, and moving right along, he ran for the teleporter, fizzling out of existence.

The rest of the Mysteries Inc. gang looked at each other, then nodded, and followed him through.

=-=-=-=-=-=

"Where... are we? It stinks," Daphne pouted, pinching her nose shut.

"A marsh," Velma stated matter-of-factly.

"Like, why would Romero teleport to some rainy marsh, man?" Shaggy complained.

"Well, don't worry, he can't hide forever. Let's split up, gang. Daphne and I will head downriver to see if we can find someone. Shaggy, you, Velma, and Scooby head for that cave up there, and see what you can find."

With priorities settled, Fred and Daphne headed off, carefully trudging their way through the sickly green water.

"Like, couldn't they have waited for us to eat at first?" Shaggy complained, as he and Velma began looking for a way to get into their cave.

Unnoticed by either set of the gang, a robot flew overhead, shining a beam of light down on its surroundings. Searching...

TO BE CONTINUED

Here is a theme song you could use (Sung to the original Scooby Doo theme song)

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?
 We're stranded up on Mars now
Come On Scooby Doo
 You know what we gotta do
But you're the Scaredy Cat of Tei Tenga
Come on Scooby Doom
 The Earth needs some big help from you now
You know that Scooby Doom is gonna win out before they come back
  Intergalactic
You know that up on that star base is a Frozen Spaceman Scooby Snack
If the Earth can count on you
 Scooby Doom
I know we'll stop that Evil Romero

This rendition is just what I could put together with what working knowledge I had of both Scooby Doo and DOOM. It's pretty wide open what's possible here; I mean the possibilities are literally numerous. When you think about which Scooby Doo, where on Mars they could be, and how it could relate to the DOOM, there are dozens of places you could go with it. I mean, is this a disaster on Mars? Are they chasing the Evil Romero (or mad scientist) across the moons of mars through teleporter after teleporter? Are Shaggy and Scooby Doo stuck without a way out of a star base mess hall out of their stupidity or curiosity in what is in the mess hall inventory?

On 12/17/2018 at 1:46 PM, Dark Pulse said:

"But why?" said Daphne, stunned by the revelation. "Mr. Romero, why would you try to kill us?!"

Romero glared at her briefly, then rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Come on," he snarked. "Don't you guys get it? You need me... and I need you. We both have our parts to play you see. You can't be the good guy, without a bad guy."

"...He's right," Velma said as she pushed her glasses back up. "Think about it, we wouldn't have gone on this adventure without him pulling the strings."

"Yeah, and like, we wouldn't have been nearly killed either! Right, Scoob?"

"Ruh-uh!"

"Yeah, but he still needs to pay for what he's done," Fred said as he wiped the blood off of his gloves. "We've done horrible things thanks to him."

"Huh. So I help you guys become the heroes, and you still blame me? Fools!" Romero grinned, and lept to his feet.

Time stood still. How could he have done that? His hands were tied.

...His hands should've been tied.

......His hands were supposed to be tied.

"Hey, wait!" Fred tried to reach around to grab him, but to no avail. The bright green sparkle of a teleporter was all that remained of Romero, as it fizzled from existence.

"...He got away," Daphne lamented.

"So, like, what are we gonna do? I'm gettin' kinda hungry here, right Scoob?"

The dog responded by licking its chops at the mass of meat that had once been a Mancubus, lying feet away. He reached into his armor and pulled out a fork and knife, then began tying a bib around his neck.

"What else? We follow it through," Fred said, and moving right along, he ran for the teleporter, fizzling out of existence.

The rest of the Mysteries Inc. gang looked at each other, then nodded, and followed him through.

=-=-=-=-=-=

"Where... are we? It stinks," Daphne pouted, pinching her nose shut.

"A marsh," Velma stated matter-of-factly.

"Like, why would Romero teleport to some rainy marsh, man?" Shaggy complained.

"Well, don't worry, he can't hide forever. Let's split up, gang. Daphne and I will head downriver to see if we can find someone. Shaggy, you, Velma, and Scooby head for that cave up there, and see what you can find."

With priorities settled, Fred and Daphne headed off, carefully trudging their way through the sickly green water.

"Like, couldn't they have waited for us to eat at first?" Shaggy complained, as he and Velma began looking for a way to get into their cave.

Unnoticed by either set of the gang, a robot flew overhead, shining a beam of light down on its surroundings. Searching...

TO BE CONTINUED

That's brilliant.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:14 PM, Billy Baron said:

Here is a theme song you could use (Sung to the original Scooby Doo theme song)

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?
Come On Scooby Doo
 You know what we gotta do
But you're the Scaredy Cat of Tei Tenga
Come on Scooby Doom
 The Earth needs some big help from you now
You know that Scooby Doom is gonna win out before they come back
  Intergalactic
You know that up on that star base is a Frozen Spaceman Scooby Snack
If the Earth can count on you
 Scooby Doom
I know we'll stop that Evil Romero

Without trying to burst your bubble, you kinda muffed up the lyrics by cutting several bars out of the song. The song's composition is roughly A-A-B-B-C-C-D-D.

A suggested set of fixes, with my additions added in bold (which winded up rewriting almost the whole song... though some were just omitting/altering words for flow):

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?
 We've gotta find our way now

Come On Scooby Doo

Me and you
 Stranded on Tei Tenga

It's down to me and you

If we're doomed

Earth'll be in a blender
You know that Scooby Doo is gonna save the day before they can come back
  Just attack
And up inside that star base are lots of Frozen Spaceman Scooby Snacks

(No Trans Fats!)

Scooby Dooby Doo, eyes on you

Time's tickin' down to zero
If Earth can count on you, Scooby Doo,
 I know we'll stop Romero

Just now, Dark Pulse said:

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?

Scooby Dooby Doom
 Where are you?
 We've gotta find our way now

Come On Scooby Doo

Me and you
 Stranded on Tei Tenga

It's down to me and you

If we're doomed

Earth'll be in a blender
You know that Scooby Doo is gonna save the day before they can come back
  Just attack
And up inside that star base are lots of Frozen Spaceman Scooby Snacks

(No Trans Fats!)

Scooby Dooby Doo, eyes on you

Time's tickin' down to zero
If Earth can count on you
 Scooby Doo
 I know we'll stop Romero

Oh that's brilliant. I always thought the villain would actually be Carmack in a Romero mask though.

2 minutes ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

Oh that's brilliant. I always thought the villain would actually be Carmack in a Romero mask though.

Maybe it is!

Or maybe it's Romero in a Carmack mask!

Or maybe it's William Shatner, and Tekwar would've been the best-selling FPS game of all time if it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog!

Just now, Dark Pulse said:

Maybe it is!

Or maybe it's Carmack in a Romero mask!

Or maybe it's really William Shatner, and Tekwar would've been the best-selling FPS game of all time if it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog!

Or Duke Nukem in a mask! He gives it away when he gives daphne cash and says "shake it baby".

Just now, Duke of Pathoris said:

Or Duke Nukem in a mask! He gives it away when he gives daphne cash and says "shake it baby".

Careful now, you'll give the Rule 34 artists out there some ideas.