Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@StormCatcher.77 I'm almost finished with your Eviternity map. It's so big I had to play it in shifts! ;) But based on the beauty of that map, I'm not surprised to see the excellent shots you provided for your JoM6 entry. Very Quake 2 feel on the last shot. 

Feeling meh about my ugly, uninspired JoM6 map but at least I got something done and I think it's mildly fun to play ;p

uEgVefy.png

PjlWM9x.png

image.png.6bf017141ceee15813bea6296d7c0bab.png

So, uh.... you guys come here often? 2 poor cacos stuck in a doorway, couldn't attack me at all. Cheers to anyone who guesses the megawad, and the map specifically.

1 hour ago, Honey16 said:

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_080809.jpg.30fd285f18a6f79e14e251c94be12502.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20181221_080749.jpg.98afe92be9fc40c901fddcb0c51d8f1b.jpg

So, this is actually a mod then?  I've been wondering about it every time you post.  I could never get it to look exactly like that in GZDoom's settings.  Nice.

So I've been trying to step back from UDMF (probably not the best place for a new mapper to start anyway.)  Did some fiddling with Boom and the OTEX pack tonight, trying to get one of my healing blood sectors to work in Boom format. I needed to look up how to make deep water and fake floors, once I figured it out it is relatively simple.  Basically just dropped around 800 stimpacks under the fake floor hidden from view.  Should be enough for the player to heal several times in a map.  Now that I know how easy it is I can say I will definitely be able to do Bloodloss in Boom format when I come back to it, but i'm taking some time off from it to hone my mapping skills first.  I'll be releasing my UDMF maps I had made for it very soon once testers have had their way with it, until then.  Boom puddles :)

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_053420.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_053429.png

On 12/16/2018 at 3:32 AM, Steve D said:

Thanks! That shading was directly inspired by, I believe, another Dutch Doomer, specifically E1M7 of Jan van der Veken's Dawn of the Dead. It was the first time I had ever seen outdoor shadowcasting, as opposed to the light through a window I had used before, which I first glimpsed in one of the Mori megawads.

I might be wrong here, but I'm fairly sure he's from Belgium. Nice shots you posted again :)

8 hours ago, error313 said:

Deck WIP for QC:Doom Edition

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_021354.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181221_021345.png

I hope the ASMD Shock Rifle is an available weapon on this level...

On 12/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, wolfmcbeard said:

I know it's nothing compared to what our mouths have been collectively watering over for the last hour, but here's that screen from earlier with some hand made love.

Screenshot_Doom_20181219_074218.png

At first I thought it's some RTX memory problem :D

@guitardz it will be textures and sprites pak. I got almost all textures and flats, pickable items, but only one monster full ready. Next it will be parallax mod.