Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJVCardMaster

Vanilla Doom "Step" Texture bug (Fixed)

I know how to fix this may have been asked many times since it seems like a recurring problem in Vanilla Doom Building, but I keep having these texture bugs on the step plates (Like seen in the images) and I have no clues on how to fix it.

234324.png.9a68c8cfc0a5a4f9e1850b7b180c8102.png3432432.png.d0fcb35964c5bf660f3b6d741dd6a79c.png

This issue seems to be fixed on Source Ports, but not in vanilla.

Edited by DJVCardMaster

"Tutti-frutti" error.  It happens because those textures are not a "standard" height but you used them on sections of wall high enough to ask the game to tile them.  In vanilla, if you're using textures that are 8, 16, or some other pixel height that isn't 128 tall, you should never put them on sections that are taller than the texture height.  If you want it to be vanilla-compatible you'll have to pick a different texture or else restructure things.

In the second screen set lower-unpeg on that line, should fix it. If that doesn't work and you've adjusted the vertical texture offsets you'll need to reset them.

So, that's why it seems to happen more on "step" textures, since they are shorter.

4 minutes ago, iori said:

In the second screen set lower-unpeg on that line, should fix it. If that doesn't work and you've adjusted the vertical texture offsets you'll need to reset them.

Already doing that on all the issues to see if it gets fixed