Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drummyfish

How is it looking with Pain Bringer sprite?

Hello,

I'm completely new here, just created an account. I've been playing Freedoom for a few days -- it's such an excellent game -- I've just noticed the Pain Lord/Bringer sprites are still WIP, is that right? Is anyone working on them?

I've quickly tried some mockup improvement with GIMP:

TO5aIQa.png

What do you think? If anyone wants to build on that, feel free, I release it under the Freedoom license.

Also the combat slug seems like it's not complete yet -- the style is a bit off and it's missing details -- is that one meant to be improved as well?

It looks very nice, however you are likely using an older version of Freedoom.

These are the current sprites for the Pain lord: BOSSA1.png.73890f8384b9f82d8c03221213f8fec5.png and Pain bringer: BOS2A1.png.645e10c090237b6a7fcc2b83a60bc24e.png.

The Combat slug and many other sprites could be qualified as "incomplete" , but due to the method which Freedoom is produced anything can be improved by anyone.

Oh that's great, thanks :-) I think the packages in my distro are outdated, I'll install from source. But the webpage still says this sprite needs to be completed, here:

https://freedoom.github.io/help.html

Should be updated I guess.

I have also encountered missing levels -- have all of them been added now? Is there a progress summary anywhere?

The "incomplete concept sketches" likely refers to the older sprites in the version which you have, it lacks "attacking" sprites and the walking sprites were rather stiff looking.

I believe Freedoom Phase 2 has a full set of levels, but Phase 1 lacks chapter 3 map 5. Any wads created for Doom 1 or Doom 2 can be played with Freedoom Phase 1 or Phase 2, though.