Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

[UPDATED] Umbra of Fate - v1.2 (8 Nov 2018)

The final boss is bugged. I keep shooting it. Then it goes into 99% damage reduction mode. I kill all the minions. Then it comes back to normal. I shoot it with bfgs like 15 bfgs but it doesn't die. It just goes back to ethereal mode. Rinse and repeat. I got so frustrated that i turned on god mode just to kill it. But it still didn't work. The boss just does die. And all of this as I play the game on EASY difficulty. Is there a fix?

actually i fixed it. I just had to add brightmaps.pk3 and lights.pk3 to the launcher and it works now. I finished the game. Totally kickass ride.

As a matter of fact now I want more maps/megawads like this with creepy dark spooky worlds . Any suggestions?

Edited by darkblade : Fixed It

The boss fight is indeed buggy.  It's a really weird one that I can't always trigger, though.  Regardless, there'll be an updated version sometime next week (or sooner).

2 hours ago, darkblade said:

Any suggestions?

I guess I forgot to answer this lol

There's always my Shadows of The Nightmare Realm.  It and some of my other levels are here.

There's Soundless Mound as well, which I tried recently and really liked.

I've released an updated version of Umbra of Fate.  Check the original post for info and download links!

The biggest change is that the boss fights now have new (optional) mechanics to make them feel less chewy/grindy.  There's also a few options that might help it run better on older machines in some places.

1 minute ago, Da Werecat said:

Is the door leading from the backpack secret one-shot?

It shouldn't be.  I did change that script to make it so that lost souls don't always get spawned, but I also may have introduced a new bug accidentally.  Just noclip through the stairs for now, no biggie.

Not entirely sure if I am doing something wrong here, I am able to get the first May release to work just fine, but with the August v1.1 release, GZDoom throws this error at me:

Unable to load shader QWarp:
Init Shader 'QWarp':
Fragment shader:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:39: error(#206) Assigning non-constant to: const highp float
ERROR: 0:40: error(#206) Assigning non-constant to: const highp float
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

Linking:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called.  Link failed.

I am using GZDoom v3.6.0, lights and brightmaps are enabled. Tried looking for the hardware renderer in options and all I see is OpenGL. I could just be a bluthering idiot and missed some obvious detail.

Yup, that would be it. Works fine now! I noticed this is v1.2, but the GZDoom loading screen says 1.1

No biggie, just thought you'd like to know. This mod looks amazing btw.

I wanted to try this but the download link just says "This Account has been suspended. Contact your hosting provider for more information."

5 hours ago, Trar said:

I wanted to try this but the download link just says "This Account has been suspended. Contact your hosting provider for more information."

That

This doesn't seem to be compatible anymore with GzDoom. I have the latest version, Windows 10, driver updated, yadda yadda...

hdA8eDS.png

edit: fixed, it's a vulkan error, it was solved by turning back to Opengl. I will leave this here just in case the author wants to take a look.

1 hour ago, darkblade said:

does Umbra Of Fate work with Project Brutality or Brutal Doom?

You might want to check out the line in the OP that is both underlined and boldfaced.

Spoiler

No.

51 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

You might want to check out the line in the OP that is both underlined and boldfaced.

Reveal hidden contents

No.

thanks a lot .

Can anyone suggest me similar horror themed wads.  Maps which are very atmospheric.  I have already played The Nightmare Realm which is great. I am looking for other wads with a similar vibe. 

Unloved, Happy Time Circus series, The Cronus Camp for Wayward Boys...

I am a big fan of your Shadows of The Nightmare Realm and would like to download this one but the link is down. Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Edit: Nevermind, found it on Wad Archive.

Edited by ahmadmob : Found the WAD somewhere else.

sorry for the bump but I'm looking for this wad and, with all download links (Remilia's hosting, mega and WadArchive) gone, I'm unable to fin the most recent 1.2 version

idgames seems to have only the initial release