Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Excited For Eternal?

The funny thing for me is that back when I watched the reveal, I found a lot of questionable things in DOOM Eternal, especially regarding some of the enemy/item designs - and yet, the more DOOM Eternal gets mentioned, the more excited I grow.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, MFG38 said:

The funny thing for me is that back when I watched the reveal, I found a lot of questionable things in DOOM Eternal, especially regarding some of the enemy/item designs - and yet, the more DOOM Eternal gets mentioned, the more excited I grow.

I'm feeling kind of the opposite. When I watched the reveal I was really excited, but as long as I was analyzing several things, my hype decreased. I hope we get such an enjoyable game like the past one, at least.

i dont have a machine who run doom eternal

my pc cant

and i dont have the console

soo......

:"v

1 hour ago, Gaia74 said:

i dont have a machine who run doom eternal

my pc cant

and i dont have the console

soo......

I wish I had a proper PC to run Doom (2016) and Eternal. Thank god for Xbox One and PS4.

38 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

I wish I had a proper PC to run Doom (2016) and Eternal. Thank god for Xbox One and PS4.

I will probably get my hands in Doom 2016 and Eternal in a decade when the PS4 is not worth much money

But yeah i'm excited (for a D-Eternal weapons mod for GZDoom :P)

Hell yes I am! Hopefully my PC can handle it (it handled Doom 16 okay-ish), otherwise I hope the release date gets moved another year forward so I can get an upgrade first :P

Edited by Rathori

Hell yeah indeed! I hope with the previous win under their belts they'll go all out with the level design, I want more of the multiple directions to explore twisty turny FPS magic. I know they'll deliver at the very least as good as last time, which is triumphant, but can't wait to see the level design and gameplay flow they have for us this time. Can't wait to play it.

No, not really. It emphasises the things I didn't like too much in Doom 2016. The hasty cartoony direction and that whole "oh here comes the night train!! Rip and tear!!!" attitude.

6 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

The hasty cartoony direction and that whole "oh here comes the night train!! Rip and tear!!!" attitude.

What's wrong with those things?

I just don't like it. I liked the darker and mysterious atmosphere of Doom 3 much better. Doom 2016 also had some elements of this, but now they seem to be heading completely into the deliberatley self-referencial retro direction.

50 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

Well, 2016 and Eternal wasn't trying to be like Doom 3. It was more like the originals. Which is absolutely fine by me.

I dunno, 2016 kinda gave me some Doom 3 vibes in certain areas of the facility, the darker ones. But otherwise yeah, both tried to be more like classic Doom and not Doom 3, and Eternal will be even closer to that goal.

When I saw some of the old character designs coming back, my eyes lit up like a christmas tree. So I think you can say I'm hyped for eternal too.

49 minutes ago, [HotPocket] said:

When I saw some of the old character designs coming back, my eyes lit up like a christmas tree. So I think you can say I'm hyped for eternal too.

Think they should have used more Doom 64 designs? :)

I'll probably get it down the line, but it looks like its going to be a game I play through once and uninstall it. If only these games would get mod support.

Just because I won't be able to play it once it comes out for a few years coming, doesn't mean I am not hyped at all.

2 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Just because I won't be able to play it once it comes out for a few years coming, doesn't mean I am not hyped at all.

Fun fact, I won't be able to play it on my current machine either, just like I was not able to play 2016. Had to resort to lots of articles, wikis, YT walkthroughs, and playing it at a friend. 

a little, already got a taste of what it's like with Doom 2016 (KILL KILL KILL) and I'm not sure I want more right now, might wait a couple years for the price to drop first this time rather than wait for the first sale (assuming I remain interested until then :P)

@Jaxxoon R I feel like I haven't seen you in a while.

I watched Doom Eternals trailers and demos many times and I'm still very eager. I remember trying to contain my girly squeals when I first saw it. I think I clapped at some stage.