Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nevander

Nevander's Mini-Mods! and Doom Mapping Portfolio! (updated 11/30/20)

3 hours ago, Nevander said:

Super Viles! - superviles_5-3-2018.zip

This is an evil WAD. It makes Archviles into Superviles which can resurrect not only Cyberdemons and Masterminds, but also Lost Souls, Pain Elementals and even other Archviles! They are also reskinned! Otherwise they are the same. Proceed with caution.

What? Why?

1 hour ago, A7MAD said:

What? Why?

Because I'm an idiot who thought it would be funny.

7 hours ago, Nevander said:

Super Viles! - superviles_5-3-2018.zip

This is an evil WAD. It makes Archviles into Superviles which can resurrect not only Cyberdemons and Masterminds, but also Lost Souls, Pain Elementals and even other Archviles! They are also reskinned! Otherwise they are the same. Proceed with caution.

Wow. Just wow.

Hopefully, this mod doesn't create ghost lost souls or ghost pain elementals (since there would be no "corpse" to resurrect).

Just now, Pegleg said:

Wow. Just wow.

Hopefully, this mod doesn't create ghost lost souls or ghost pain elementals (since there would be no "corpse" to resurrect).

Speaking of ghosts, did you keep the glitch that creates ghost monsters from crushed monsters?

Which would allow you to live in a world of ghost cyberdemons, ghost masterminds, and ghost archviles.

I don't know if I want to live in that world.

Have you ever seen Vile Curse? It enables all monsters (that leave bodies) to be resurrected, but also enables all monsters to do the resurrecting, so you might have, for example, a lost soul resurrecting a cyberdemon.

@Nevander Would it be OK if I merged Despawning Monsters with 10x and the other multipliers (with credit to you in the WADINFO lump)?

Both Vile Curse and the multipliers are here:

35 minutes ago, Empyre said:

Have you ever seen Vile Curse? It enables all monsters (that leave bodies) to be resurrected, but also enables all monsters to do the resurrecting, so you might have, for example, a lost soul resurrecting a cyberdemon.

@Nevander Would it be OK if I merged Despawning Monsters with 10x and the other multipliers (with credit to you in the WADINFO lump)?

Vile Curse 10x? I can't imagine trying to run a slaughterwad with that particular mod. I imagine there are number of people who would love it.

Vile Curse 10x actually makes @Nevander's Super Vile mod seem reasonable in comparison.

3 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Vile Curse 10x? I can't imagine trying to run a slaughterwad with that particular mod. I imagine there are number of people who would love it.

Vile Curse 10x actually makes @Nevander's Super Vile mod seem reasonable in comparison.

That's what overpowered weapons mods are for, but the frame rates get bogged down with so many monsters active at once.

Edited by Empyre : removed shameless plug for my own mod

11 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Speaking of ghosts, did you keep the glitch that creates ghost monsters from crushed monsters?

I don't know how to actually force the glitch but doesn't it have something to do with not overriding the crush state?

Sure, go bananas.

Hi Nevander, I would like to suggest folding this fix into your Ultimate Doom patch. I've already done this for myself.

I've also made a menu pic for Ultimate Doom, which you can use if you want.

kJw9hkE.png

Added two three new mini-mods: Uncapped Ammo, E3M7 Improved, and a mostly metal cover of Valiant Episode 5's soundtrack.

Also added a "mapping portfolio" where I list off all the projects that I have been involved with or maps I've released.

Edited by Nevander

Great stuff! Blood Fixer mod has been the default selection for my Doom sessions almost since its original release on ZDoom forums three years ago. Particularly useful with Nash's Gore Mod.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:25 PM, Devalaous said:

Doom Comic map has no link, a shame. 

Crap I forgot about that, apologies. Check back tomorrow eventually, I'll fix the link.

@Devalaous Link is fixed finally. I'm really bad about saying tomorrow but then it's actually weeks later.

Edited by Nevander