Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Beta 4 Released [11/16/2022]

15 hours ago, Dantosking said:

Sorry guys. I really have no time for this best psx project :c Too much IRL things, Doom lan parties etc. 

Don't worry, the team bring this project to the end. Good luck in other projects.

@Erick194 you can sign me for TNT's map Caribbean. The only cause here I've just wanted to save cyberdemon on this map, otherwise there is high chance they will not be present on whole TNT episode because of maps complexity. Also please update list with completed maps and mappers.

@Dark Pulse you probably want to take the rest one or two maps.

Edit: maybe it's possible to add cyberdemon on Dead Zone, there is much space outside and maybe inside.

Edited by riderr3

I think I'll take Plutonia MAP19: NME, but TNT MAP15: Dead Zone didn't terribly interest me a ton.

I'll take it if no one else wants to do it though. Would just be a bit harder on my personal interest, as honestly I found it kind of a dull map.

Edited by Dark Pulse

On 12/17/2018 at 12:31 AM, Dark Pulse said:

...but TNT MAP15: Dead Zone didn't terribly interest me a ton.

I'll take it if no one else wants to do it though. Would just be a bit harder on my personal interest, as honestly I found it kind of a dull map.

I'm taking it... and I probably send Administration Center to someone else to finish my work (if that's possible in this project to have more than an author per map; unless you accept this I better try to accomplish porting it to the end).

58 minutes ago, mr-around said:

I probably send Administration Center to someone else to finish my work (if that's possible in this project to have more than an author per map.

GEC needs to clarify this, but they currently don't reply (probably busy with GZDoom Master Edition updates).

Also I wonder what troubles were with Adm. Center?

28 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

My guess is a combination of Cyberdemon, needing to replace the Archvile, and the crazy number of Imps (116-157 depending on difficulty).

Pretty sure you can use whatever sky you want, but it might be good to be consistent.

If anything, the safe bet is to just use the original.

1 hour ago, Dark Pulse said:

Pretty sure you can use whatever sky you want, but it might be good to be consistent.

PSX Final Doom actually does'n have original TNT and Plutonia skyboxes because most of them are very long and will consume much memory. In cases like this, sky selection must match overall feel, texture and sector colors. If the night sky used, outdoor brightness should be significantly lowered.
City sky doesn't fit most maps, but I find it useful on first two maps of NRFTL.

The fire skies also can be used, especially when map needs more free textures, though they have a slightly negative effect on framerate unlike normal skies.

The Odyssey of Noises brown sky fits good. The original one is seems out of place on this map.

BTW probably not many people know interesting fact that F_SKY06 (Doom 2 E3 sky) is different in Final Doom - it have slightly orange tone, probably because the Final Doom PLAYPAL is even larger than Doom's, with 26 palettes. In PSX Final Doom that sky is only used on Nukage Processing map.

Edited by riderr3

On 12/16/2018 at 2:58 PM, Dantosking said:

Sorry guys. I really have no time for this best psx project :c Too much IRL things, Doom lan parties etc. 

Don't worry my friend. I'm glad you showed interest in this community project, we won't forget you!

On 12/18/2018 at 7:19 AM, mr-around said:

I'm taking it... and I probably send Administration Center to someone else to finish my work (if that's possible in this project to have more than an author per map; unless you accept this I better try to accomplish porting it to the end).

On 12/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, riderr3 said:

GEC needs to clarify this, but they currently don't reply (probably busy with GZDoom Master Edition updates).

Hey guys, sorry for late reply... Well, my brothers and I share the maps we are working on, so everybody can do the same, so c'mon guys, you can share your maps you're also working on and even you can share them with us. There can be more authors per map.

7 hours ago, marver0PS said:

Do the later plutonia maps need the fire sky?

Just like @Dark Pulse said:

7 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

6 hours ago, riderr3 said:

The Odyssey of Noises brown sky fits good. The original one is seems out of place on this map.

You're right! The original isn't that bad but thebrown one fits perfectly.

I'm currently working on The Living End.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:17 PM, riderr3 said:

Nothin'. The two enormously large areas in the level prevent it to run it withouth mem. allocation errors and they currently need massive cleanups and more endeavor work. To make the biz faster an additional designer needed. Ain't got that much time for that.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:46 PM, Dark Pulse said:

My guess is a combination of Cyberdemon, needing to replace the Archvile, and the crazy number of Imps (116-157 depending on difficulty).

PSX actually can handle up to 800 things in a level (this was proofed when I ported 18th and 19th maps of D2TWID which worked w/o issues thereafter), and you know any unavailable monster can be replaced with another or removed at all. The complexity of map doesnt afford me to have more than only 3 enemy types... and even with that scanty digit you cannot restart the level.

9 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Hey guys, sorry for late reply... Well, my brothers and I share the maps we are working on, so everybody can do the same, so c'mon guys, you can share your maps you're also working on and even you can share them with us. There can be more authors per map.

Great! Now I'm waiting for a person ready to contact me and work on TNT's MAP21 .

@mr-around I'll take a try, you can drop me your TNT's MAP21 in the PM, cause I've done most of Caribbean and can approve the Cyberdemon stayed here! Along with chaingunners, imps and hell knights (and their NM/SP variants).

Does Anyone know if there's a fix for this:

Spoiler

renderbug.png.29e2d11da4534343c9cd8ddead493028.png

It's hard to see, but there's a red line of pixels which are part of the railing texture that's repeating.

24 minutes ago, marver0PS said:

I kinda managed to make the self-referencing sector:

I suppose W_BLANK texture usage. It has many uses on PSX Doom engine, I've call it "magic texture".

7 minutes ago, marver0PS said:

Does Anyone know if there's a fix for this:

Reveal hidden contents

renderbug.png.29e2d11da4534343c9cd8ddead493028.png

It's hard to see, but there's a red line of pixels which are part of the railing texture that's repeating.

Did the "Clip Mid-Texture" flag is used? Or may be it needs some alignement.

Edited by riderr3

Quick PS Classic thumbnail for anyone else who was dumb enough to buy that thing:

VduWnkE.png

For the record, Doom is one game that actually runs well on it.

44 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Quick PS Classic thumbnail for anyone else who was dumb enough to buy that thing:

VduWnkE.png

For the record, Doom is one game that actually runs well on it.

Not bad... but probably shouldn't forget the Doomworld logo. :)

@scalliano that thing looks amazing, epic job!! I think Dark Pulse is right, add the Doomworld logo to it please! 

I read in a thread that you installed Doom on your PS Classic, have you tried to run PSXDoom: Master Edition there?

No sweat, will do. I'll post the amended one later on.

And yes, Master Edition runs on the PS Classic without any issues.

EDIT:

mLJ4s7h.png

Edited by scalliano

1 hour ago, Tipo said:

a quick work for a thumb for the classic

You need to invert the "Master Edition" phrase to white color.

26 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

You need to invert the "Master Edition" phrase to white color.

yes youre right,i can make it tomorrow and maybe the doom logo bigger

Pretty sure for GEC, all scalliano did was type the letters using the Doom font, so "making your own" ain't all that hard.

That said, we definitely ain't running the PAL version of the game. Pretty sure we're hacking the NTSC version... but considering Doom, not even sure if that matters.

Yes, the GEC is just text. If Tipo has a higher resolution version of that one, I think it would work better as an actual physical cover.

55 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Yes, the GEC is just text. If Tipo has a higher resolution version of that one, I think it would work better as an actual physical cover.

Thats only a Thumbnail for the ps1 classic (226x226),i make it with ps and have it in the orginal size.

I can make the cover as ntsc/pal.

When the projecr is done,will it be on 1 disc or 2?

1 hour ago, Tipo said:

Thats only a Thumbnail for the ps1 classic (226x226),i make it with ps and have it in the orginal size.

I can make the cover as ntsc/pal.

When the projecr is done,will it be on 1 disc or 2?

We have no idea, especially since eventually there might be a version which slots the levels in "in sequence," meaning that it'd wind up being well over 150 maps if everything was included. It'd already need multiple EXEs for technical reasons, apparently.

Final Doom is already its own disc as well, so I guess you can say there's at least two.