Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

What is your best map?

I haven't made it yet. ;)

But out of the five I've actually released, Schism is probably the one I favor the most. Even though I sort of can't see anything except its flaws anymore, I still think I did a pretty good job on it overall.

5 minutes ago, Sparktimus said:

I haven't made it yet. ;)

But out of the five I've actually released, Schism is probably the one I favor the most. Even though I sort of can't see anything except its flaws anymore, I still think I did a pretty good job on it overall.

Looks nice. I'll have to check it out.

None of my maps are considered my best map because I have made so many. Maybe Vulcana, Vulcana 2, Undervilla, Sinful Outpost, 2002ado E3M7, Death Tormention 3 E4M4.

7 minutes ago, pcorf said:

None of my maps are considered my best map because I have made so many. Maybe Vulcana, Vulcana 2, Undervilla, Sinful Outpost, 2002ado E3M7, Death Tormention 3 E4M4.

Everyone has a "best" map

17 hours ago, Brad_tilf said:

What is your best map? I don't even have to think about it: http://www.doomwadstation.net/bloodworks/bloodworks.html

I have several that I thought were really good but this tops my list.

I Really like Bloodworks, I still play it from time to time.  I played it again just as few days ago. It was fun and atmospheric and just hard enough for its size.

Probably Exomoon's map 18, I guess. First time I've tried making some larger scale setpiece, which was pretty cool. It's also my biggest map too, and even with some non-lineary, I didn't found any player which got lost, which is a huge plus for me haha

I also enjoy Moonblood's map 29 and Iron Keep's one too.

1 hour ago, Searcher said:

I Really like Bloodworks, I still play it from time to time.  I played it again just as few days ago. It was fun and atmospheric and just hard enough for its size.

Thankyou. I'm really glad you enjoy it. :-)

Hmm. Man on the moon is the map i'm the most proud of as I've implemented everything i wanted to implement in it. It took me a while to get it out but, i think it was worth it in the end :D

Out of the ones I've released? Into The Depths (XMAP04) from Depths of Insanity.
Out of all of the ones I've made? Map 6 of my current project which may, eventually, see a demo some time soon.

Aside from unreleased maps, my entry to Confinement 256 turned out as close to my original vision as anything I think I've done.  I wrote a little about why it was such a challenge to make on another thread.

In terms of more standard maps, I was quite happy with how The Terraces turned out. I'll probably do a v1.5 at some point to add back the detail I originally removed as low-detail was one of the aims of the community mapset it was originally for.