Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cynical

For the love of god, stop speeding up monster projectiles

the OP sucks but so does criticising it "lets see you do better" because that misses the point, also I don't wanna legitimize that purity test either but if you want to see cynical's maps he has two on idgames and they're pretty decent.

27 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

the OP sucks but so does criticising it "lets see you do better" because that misses the point, also I don't wanna legitimize that purity test either but if you want to see cynical's maps he has two on idgames and they're pretty decent.

Correction -- one of them is decent.  Golachab fucking sucks, it should have stayed in the "sit on my HD unreleased and then get lost when I change HDs" like dozens of others I've made over the years.

EDIT: Since people seem curious, there's also two unfinished maps I uploaded that I never finished because they both had major issues that I was starting to see that would have been difficult, if not impossible, to really solve.  Download available here: 

Edited by Cynical

On 12/27/2018 at 7:09 AM, Doomkid said:

I guess all the ire being directed at the OP is a result of how hyperbolic the post is. If not, then all I see are people getting pissed that someone prefers different gameplay than them. Really? Is reading a critical review of something you enjoy really that hard to stomach?

NGL, I'm not too happy with my own posts and felt too satisfied afterwards to really take in my own messages.  Gameplay discussions are often hard to have in how polarizing they are.  This discussion isn't even about how differently modified projectile speeds impact gameplay but just that they exist.

10 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

In all fairness, Cynical has published two maps, both of which I played and found fun. In fact I think he should consider making something new when he has the time, because in my opinion his maps are worthwhile.

Well hopefully he gets more useful criticism on his maps than he's giving to other people.

2 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

Well hopefully he gets more useful criticism on his maps than he's giving to other people.

I'm going to play them completely objectively, if they're good...well, that's good.  Still doesn't give him reason to be childish.