Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Whats your favorite animes

There's an already existing topic on this, but it hasn't seen any activity in months. By the way, as far as I know it's only "anime", "animes" does not exist. 

On topic, well my favorite include: Hellsing Ultimate, Monogatari series, Overlord, Tokyo Ghoul, Bakugan, Assassination Classroom, D Gray-Man, Ao no Exorcist, Highschool of the Dead, Kuroshitsuji (the original only), Rakudai kishi no Cavalry, Death Note, Drifters, One Punch Man, Log Horizon, KonoSuba, Boku no Hero Academia, Noragami, Re:Zero, Parasyte, Shaman Kind, The Ancient Magus' Bride, Fist of the North Star, Gintama. Shame some of them have never been completed. 

There would be some other notable mentions, but wouldn't quite count them among my favorites, so whatever.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure,

Tokyo Ghoul (first season only ._. ),

Parasyte,

Planetes,

Terror in Resonance,

Attack on Titan,

One Punch Man,

Another,

Cowboy Bebop,

Elfen Lied.

They're the only ones I can remember right now, not counting films otherwise every single Ghibli film will be on here as well.

7 minutes ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖗 said:

Tokyo Ghoul (first season only ._. )

I could never understand why so many people seem to hate TG after season 1. Sure, I understand the case of season 2 because it did not follow the manga, creating some big plot holes and inconsistencies between it and season 3, but I still don't get why the other seasons don't see much love.

I don't deny that season 1 was so far (or, by far) the darkest, most violent, and twisted since it revealed how much pain and horror Kaneki had to endure on his way of forcibly becoming a half-ghoul, but I think the last 2 were pretty good, even though there wasn't as much action as it was in the first.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Teknolyze
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell
Samurai x
Blood+
Berserk

These are just few from my big list. 

Hunter x Hunter

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Kaiji Ultimate Survivor

Hajime no Ippo

Kill la Kill

Bakuman

Katanagatari

Madoka Magica is easily my favourite overall. No contest there.

Other favourites:

Berserk

Death Note

Excel Saga

Umaru Chan

Evangelion

JoJo no Kimyouna Bouken

DBZ

Ninja Scroll

Code Geass

Ghost in the Shell

My Neighbor Totoro

Pop Team Epic

Chronicles of the Heroic Knight

Angel Beats

Jin-Roh

Edited by Ajora

My all-time favorites are Madoka Magica, Monogatari Series, and Evangelion, but there are so many I love a lot. Nichijou, Shirobako, Oregairu, Welcome To The NHK, and Scum's Wish are all up there too.

Of this year's seasonal anime, some of my favorites were A Place Further Than The Universe, Bloom Into You, Yuru Camp, Zombieland Saga, Hinamatsuri, and season 3 of Encouragement Of Climb. Of the new movies/OVAs I've seen this year, Maquia, Liz & The Blue Bird, and Kase-san were all wonderful.

I really need to watch more anime. I dropped Nichijou, Evangelion and Welcome to HNK, not because I think they're bad shows, which I don't, but out of laziness at the time. Thanks for reminding me of their existence. Time to watch

i like overly masculine stuff :)
JoJo,Berserk,Ken il guerriero,Otokojuku,Kinnikuman,Victory Ramenman,Tiger Mask,Devilman,Mazinger Z,Baki,Tar-chan,Riki-oh and a shit ton more :D

space battleship yamato is my favorite but i have more:

Goblin Slayer

Shimoneta to lu gainen

Serial Experiments Lain

Hidan No Aria

Attack On Titan

violet evergarden

Nowadays, there are only three animes i enjoy watching, those being Initial D*, Sailor Moon and Wangan Midnight.

*the story and the racing scenes are really cool, but i despise eurobeat. i used to enjoy this kind of music for some time, but the lyrics are so godawful, i just couldn't get over it. The opening and ending themes (by the band "m.o.v.e."), however are pretty good.

i used to watch a lot of anime in the past, but over the years, i nearly lost all of my interest mainly for the following reasons:

- Borderline pedophilia material.

- People seem to care about one specific genre: Shounen.

- Extremely long episodes and too many plot line deviations.

I'm currently watching Fruits Basket, which is fun so far. I also like the Lupin the III series, especially the 1971 TV show. Plus Miyazaki movies, too.

Madoka Magica

At first glance a happy go lucky magical girl show, that turns out to be a Faustian deconstruction of the genre.

Attack on Titan

At first glance a fantasy shounen about man eating giants, turns out to be a science fiction deconstruction of fascism.

Penguindrum

At first glance... actually, I still have no idea what this one is about.

Monogatari Series

French new wave cinema meets anime harem. Supernatural hi-jinks ensue.

Fate/Zero

At first glance a battle royale with incredible production values, turns out to be a battle royale with incredible production values.

Edited by Urthar

I tend to lean towards sci-fi/fantasy with plenty of action/adventure (particularly if the world/setting is unusual), but I like plenty of real-world ones too (historical or contemporary) and even the odd slice of life.

Overall - Black Lagoon, Ronja the Robber's Daughter, Heavy Object, Arslan Senki, One Punch Man, Natsume Yuujinchou.

Seasonal (2018) - Amanchu, Overlord, Yama no Susume, Golden Kamuy, Double Decker (Doug & Kirill)

9 hours ago, Misty said:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Teknolyze
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell
Samurai x
Blood+
Berserk

These are just few from my big list. 

Serial experiments lain is awesome.  Berserk 1997 is Good  as well

2 hours ago, The Ultimate DooMer said:

Yama no Susume

Yes! I love these relatable mountain-climbing dorks.

4 hours ago, Urthar said:

Penguindrum

At first glance... actually, I still have no idea what this one is about.

Oh man, how did I forget to put Penguindrum anywhere on my list?? I feel like that says a lot about how spoiled we've been with so many great shows this decade.

In no real order...

The Bubblegum Crisis

Oreimo

Date A Live

Onegai Teacher

Serial Experiments Lain

Evangelion

RahXephon

Akira

Otaku no Video

The two Vampire Hunter D movies

Code Geass