Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

The Ring / Ringu

Have you seen "The Ring" / "Ringu"?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen "The Ring" / "Ringu"?

• Seen the American one and liked it.
    • Seen the American one and did not like it.
    • Seen the Japanese one and liked it.
    • Seen the Japanese one and did not like it.
    • Seen both and liked them.
    • Seen both and did not like them.
    • Didn\'t see either one yet.
    • What the heck is \"The Ring\" and \"Ringu\"?

Any of you see "The Ring" yet? I just seen it last night. I loved that movie! I seen the American one. I did download the Japanese one. It was screwed up, so I just fixed the avi file last night. Can't wait to see this one, now.

btw, fyi, "The Ring" was originally a Japanese movie called "Ringu" (which was based off a Japanese book). We took it and remade it, simular to how we did with "The Seven Samurai"/"The Magnificent Seven".

I bet The Ring isn't scary. If you wanna get the living shit scared outta you, go to one of the haunted houses they got in Japanese amusement parks. I tell ya, I went in one two years ago, and I indeed, got the living shit scared outta me!

Nope, me no have seen any of the two, and dont really plan on it any time soon. Unless someone is willing to go with me. **Hint Hint** ;)

My brother saw the Japanese Ring at a horror movie festival thing a year or so ago. He's usually good with scary things, but after he watched Ring he couldn't sleep for two nights. Really, he just stayed up all night.

I saw the american one and liked it very much. got the cursed video downloaded to on my comp. my brother saw both and liked em. he runs around on this site. If you don't know anything about the ring them look there.

Saw the American one, and it truly freaked the hell out of me. Just when you think it's over, it saves freakiest part to the end. I still get chills. I recommend this movie to everyone. One of the best movies if the year, or better yet, the century.

elbryan42 said:
Saw the American one, and it truly freaked the hell out of me. Just when you think it's over, it saves freakiest part to the end. I still get chills. I recommend this movie to everyone. One of the best movies if the year, or better yet, the century.

No thanks, I hate scary movies so this movie is not....uhhh.."recommendable" to me.

Wahoo. Actually, Ring (or Ringu) is part of 3 movies along with Ring 2 and Ring 0. I've been searching, and finding these movies legitimately is not fun at all, especially since there seem to be no plans for a US release. I did manage to find them for sale on Amazon UK, but that was for around $30 each... and that's not even counting overseas shipping that I would have to deal with.

You see, this is why E-Bay is our friend. I managed to find a guy selling the whole trilogy there... through a number of auctions to boot. I doubt any of you care, but if you want I could give a review once I get a chance to watch them.

Actually, I'm looking at the import shops tomorrow to rent the DVD. Since it's a popular one, it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I find it fascinating how americans are simply unable to watch something that has not been made by them.

The Reverend Julian said:

I find it fascinating how americans are simply unable to watch something that has not been made by them.

I find it depressing...

The Reverend Julian said:

And it's spreading, in Finland half of the programs, or even more, on TV come from the U.S. :(

DooMer 4ever said:

And it's spreading, in Finland half of the programs, or even more, on TV come from the U.S. :(

And not only in Finland! But the things from the US I wanna see are NOT aired and only KaZaAlite can bring me that joy (Family Guy, Southpark >EP3, Startrek: Enterprise, to name a few)

And now for the part that has actually to do something with this thread: I can see that (up 'til now) a whopping 80% either never seen it or doesn't know what it is. Is it horror or scary science fiction? Drawn or acted? Where can I read more about it...?

scorpion said:

Family Guy

They ran that show on Net5 (don't know if they still do)

Startrek: Enterprise

I don't know why nobody here runs that; I thought Star Trek was very popular here.
A Shame... :*(

Scientist said:

They ran that show on Net5 (don't know if they still do)

They did? I guess I've missed that, then. They don't air it nowadays, anyway.

...and so on and soforth...
I don't know why nobody here runs that; I thought Star Trek was very popular here.
A Shame... :*(

Startrek is popular, but until half of this year, the last season of Voyager was airing. The Enterprise episodes with Scott Bacula and Jolene *wiping off some drewl* Blalock are FOR SALE ON TAPE ONLY! :-(

scorpion said:

And now for the part that has actually to do something with this thread: I can see that (up 'til now) a whopping 80% either never seen it or doesn't know what it is. Is it horror or scary science fiction? Drawn or acted? Where can I read more about it...?

Oh I know what it is, I read a review of the movie about a year ago, but I've forgotten exactly what the movie was all about (except obviously a ring... which isn't quite a normal ring iirc).

Scorpion:
It's a live-action horror movie. There's this video that, if you watch it, you get a call right afterwords. A voice tells you that you'll die in a week. Then you do.

Mysterious Voice - BLAAARGH!!!!

Scientist - Hello?...Who is...

Mysterious Voice - BABA BOOIE BABA BOOIE!!

Scientist - Umm...

Mysterious Voice - ...NAKTARA!!!

Scientist - I think you have the wr...

A Goat in the background - BLEHHHH!!

Scientist - Oh my god, what was...

Mysterious Voice - GO HUBERT!!!

A Goat in the background - MEHHH, MehhhMEHHH!!!

- Loud ripping noise -

Mysterious Voice - YAAAAAAA!!!

A Goat in the background - MAAAAAAHHH!!!

Scientist - AHHHHHHH!!!!

- Scientist slams phone on hook -

TeamKill said:

Scorpion:
It's a live-action horror movie. There's this video that, if you watch it, you get a call right afterwords. A voice tells you that you'll die in a week. Then you do.

...uh... ok

When did they call you?

scorpion said:

...uh... ok

When did they call you?

He's talking about the plot of the movie, not a guy from Blockbuster phoning you to freak you out...that would be a cool feature though.

Ah ok, I get it! I thought TeamKill was pulling my leg (sorry bout that)... It does sound like an interesting movie... To judge from the Poll, it wouldn't matter what version I'm gonna watch, they're all good...? :D yay

Bwa-ha-ha-ha! At long last I was able to get the Ring trilogy. I've only had time to see the original, though, but it gives me enough to make a comparison.

I'm sure Ring would be very scary if I had not seen the American version first, but sadly that's what happened. I didn't really find it frightening, even alone, in the dark, at midnight. It actually seemed rushed to me. It makes me want to read the book in the hopes that I'll actually get the full story on what's going on.

If you want to see how it all started, then the Japanese version is your best bet... but if you want something that feels more complete (and I can't believe I'm saying this), the American version is your best bet.

The American version did a couple of things that the Japanese version didn't: It explained what the ring was, it explained the significance of it being a week before you die, it strongly hints at how the video was made in the first place, the video was longer and creepier than in the Japanese version (I don't know about you guys, but I love the artistic style used in the video), there was more of a mystery as to what was going on, and it explained more about the girl. The death poses were also creepier in the American version making you wonder what exactly happened to them when they died that would cause them to look like that. It also appeared to me that the people were killed in different ways going from the Japanese to the American version. Will v. fear?

By no means in the Japanese version a bad movie, but if you are going to see it, I suggest you see it first. I makes me wonder, though, if Ring 2 and Ring 0 fill in the rest of the information that the American version had...

Anyway, great movie, try to see either version, you won't be disappointed.

EllipsusD said:

(I don't know about you guys, but I love the artistic style used in the video)

I downloaded it. really cool stuff. I heard that someone made a ring computer virus. supposedly over the course of seven days it creates several small "errors" on yours screen. on the last day the computer show a video of samara (the ghost girl) coming out of the well. it seems to be more like an internet urban legend. people have heard of it, but never actually seen it.