Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

18 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Anybody remember that ZDOOM mod where you play as a car (which front part has the head of Chaos Serpent from Heretic/Hexen) and kill pedestrians? IIRC Xaser has something to do with the development as well.

It was called Truckosaurus if that helps, but I don't know where it can be downloaded any more.  It seems like it was originally on the now-defunct DRD Team hosting.

---

Edit so as I don't double post:

I'm still looking for the original WADs for a couple of Heretic maps on the H!ZONE disc.

H-TEMPLE.WAD - I'd normally dismiss this as yet another crappy conversion from a Doom level and thus not particularly interesting, but it seems as if the WAD it derives from might be a lost level in its own right.  Supposedly it was based on a WAD called TEMPLE11.WAD by someone known only by the e-mail address Bullethed@aol.com.  Now a TEMPLE11.WAD does exist on idgames, but it's by Mark Mackey, who had a different e-mail address, and the map layout is radically different; the only way it could have been the base would be if someone altered it beyond all recognition.  Does the Bullethed TEMPLE11.WAD still exist somewhere?

HELLFURY.WAD maps E2M1, E2M2, E2M9.  This is a compilation episode and I've identified some of the other slots as individual WADs that exist separately but these ones I've yet to find/recognize.  Do they look familiar to anyone?

Edited by ETTiNGRiNDER : some requests of my own

Hi, Recently I played a doom (probably doom 2) map ,and cant find it anymore. Dont remember if it was a single map or one of the first ones of a megawad.

What I remember is that at the beginning you pass nearby large grey rock columns (roughly shaped I think), maybe 50 meters/165 feet high. There is at least a dozen of these columns in a row, they form a huge gate set in the mountain. And a bit later in the map you arrive on top of a plateform/meadow, facing the columns that are relatively far away. There is something to trigger there, and when it is activated, the enormous columns go down, allowing you to enter the mountain.

I loved it, it was very much like a heroic fantasy adventure, so if someone knows it thanks.

PS : It is probable (but not sure) that this is a well known map, as I use suggestions in forums to try new wads

2 old WADs I've played many years ago(or one, they could be from the same set), each is probably 10+ years old, will try to describe them-

1) start out in a large industrial area, make your way to a ship, next level is a ruined city that leaves from the same ship the first level ended on, mainly a long winding street with buildings you can go in, decently detailed. End up in Hell at some point after that

2) Trying to use this illustration, indoor curved corridor/road with a Cyberdemon fight, outdoor area around it, WAD was modern tech with good details, new graphics, stuff like helipads in outdoor areas

map.jpg

For the ship level(s), you might get some useful suggestions in this thread. Herian2 immediately sprung to mind (maps 25 and 26), but I am not sure if that's what you're thinking of.

7 hours ago, Grazza said:

For the ship level(s), you might get some useful suggestions in this thread. Herian2 immediately sprung to mind (maps 25 and 26), but I am not sure if that's what you're thinking of.

No, the ship transition is levels 1 to 2, it starts out the WAD. Go through the big industrial/warehouse area, part of it has a fence, get on the large ship, wind up in the city map. There is no actual map on the ship itself, it's used as the end/start point. The actual level end linedef enters a crate, next level starts at that crate opened.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:14 PM, diosoth said:

No, the ship transition is levels 1 to 2, it starts out the WAD. Go through the big industrial/warehouse area, part of it has a fence, get on the large ship, wind up in the city map. There is no actual map on the ship itself, it's used as the end/start point. The actual level end linedef enters a crate, next level starts at that crate opened.

Hellcore 2.0 ?

5Yoss4z.png

13 hours ago, RjY said:

That's it, spot on. Anyone know what the MIDI used for MAP01 is? It's one I've been trying to ID for a long time, the text file doens't say what it is.

5 minutes ago, diosoth said:

That's it, spot on. Anyone know what the MIDI used for MAP01 is? It's one I've been trying to ID for a long time, the text file doens't say what it is.

Danielle's Face by Edwin van Veldhoven.

Random, but looking for some Mike "Prower" Reid wads.

In the text file for Helios Project - Stage Alpha he states the following under the additional files by author section:

All of the preceding are on cdrom.com, the following will only be on BBSes probably
THEICE!.ZIP
FROZEN.ZIP
SUDNDETH.ZIP
1_6.ZIP

Anyone happen to have them?

Also curious if anyone has the credits for the Beyond Doom Unfinished TC, where Reid apparently had three levels, but figure that's more of a long shot.

While playing H2H-XMAS again as per holiday tradition, something popped into my head that might be suitable for this thread.

Many years ago, around 1997-1998, I remember looking in a PC gaming magazine of the time whose name I don't recall, and I saw what appeared to be a screenshot of a Doom wad containing a massive weapon that looked like it spanned the entire length of the HUD, and the HUD itself appeared to have a Santa Claus face, possibly from H2H-XMAS. I want to say there was a deer enemy on the screen, but now that I think about it, maybe it was Santa on the screen as the enemy. The details aren't clear anymore, but at the very least I remember seeing a scene to that effect.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Strange as it may be?

10 hours ago, Bashe said:

Many years ago, around 1997-1998, I remember looking in a PC gaming magazine of the time whose name I don't recall, and I saw what appeared to be a screenshot of a Doom wad containing a massive weapon that looked like it spanned the entire length of the HUD, and the HUD itself appeared to have a Santa Claus face, possibly from H2H-XMAS. I want to say there was a deer enemy on the screen, but now that I think about it, maybe it was Santa on the screen as the enemy. The details aren't clear anymore, but at the very least I remember seeing a scene to that effect.

Maybe it was this. The rocket launcher takes up nearly the full height of the screen, and the enemies include reindeer and santa. It doesn't alter the HUD, but it's possible that they loaded it additionally.*

I considered recording some demos on that wad for this thing (I did so for another Xmas wad), but didn't bother as they would have been too trivial/uninteresting.

*(edit): Or maybe they were playing h2h-xmas with xmas_gfx.wad from Xmas Nightmare loaded additionally.

And another request - anyone have the Wad Factory maps that Azeraaron posted over on his website?

Looks like a dozen or so between the main ones they made between 2013 and 2017 and the old stuff he dropped in this doomworld post:

The WAD Factory had its own homepage back in 2012 - before the move to wordpress - but I only saved the singleplayer stuff. AWARE had a bunch of packs that were advertised as deathmatch only IIRC.

Edit: It looks some of it like it migrated to http://azeraaron.0fees.net/page1.htm?i=1

Orchard of the Macabre

LORDS (from 1996 - substantially made of Hexen level conversions)

The AWARE texture pack circa 2012

Edited by kmxexii

1 hour ago, kmxexii said:

The WAD Factory had its own homepage back in 2012 - before the move to wordpress - but I only saved the singleplayer stuff. AWARE had a bunch of packs that were advertised as deathmatch only IIRC.

Edit: It looks some of it like it migrated to http://azeraaron.0fees.net/page1.htm?i=1

Orchard of the Macabre

LORDS (from 1996 - substantially made of Hexen level conversions)

The AWARE texture pack circa 2012

7 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

Azeraaron_maps.zip

I think that's all the files from the broken links.

Awesome, thank you both!

Oddly, it looks like the download links on http://azeraaron.0fees.net/page1.htm?i=1 are actually still good.

6 minutes ago, Grazza said:

This one? The link on that page still works.

On that page, it does.  On the other page the reverse is true, and that's the only one that doesn't work.

It also looks like they just added aware.wad into the contents of several of the maps that previously required it.  That's not the case with Mad Butcher's versions.  It also looks like there are some very minor adjustments to the map from the older versions.

Is there any mods out there that auto fires a weapon at an enemie when the cross hair points to an enemie. 

Playing on a touch screen seems to be pretty difficult since i like my doom on the go.

Does any one have old skulltag projects like the hotel v1 

Armageddon invasion 1 

The complete file of invasion unleashed

Hell legacy skulltag wad

Old versions of complex doom like very old if Any any one has these wads thanks

This might be the wrong place to ask since it might not be a specific wad  but what are "magewads"? Was recommended as good practice wads for Vanilla, CF, and BD.

I'm looking for a doom wad where you start off in this us ww2 era plane and it crashes in the arctic and there's this base and there was like this thing where you had to bandage yourself and you had a 1911.