Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

Whats your favorite animes

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I've read the whole manga up to Part 7 before the Anime even came out, I love it. A close second is Hokuto no Ken.

With that said, I grew up anime so it has a special place in my heart. I'm not gonna say I love all of it, but I do enjoy a variety of shows of all types.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

In no real order...

The Bubblegum Crisis

Oreimo

Date A Live

Onegai Teacher

Serial Experiments Lain

Evangelion

RahXephon

Akira

Otaku no Video

The two Vampire Hunter D movies

Code Geass

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon

Kiss x Sis

Ergo Proxy

Bubblegum crisis the original I saw the first episode an I had loved it

10 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

@haruko haruhara yeah I love the original ^_^  I also like Bubblegum Crash and AD Police, though I don't rewatch those as often.

I haven't seen the 2040 version of Bubblegum Crisis, but I'm honestly not sure if I want to.

I love Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crash (I enjoy them equally and regard them as part of the same canon), even though they were poorly written and kinda nonsensical. I just have a soft spot for cheesy, 80s cyberpunk, I suppose. AD Police... eh, no thanks. Parasite Dolls is potentially the most boring anime I've ever seen. If you haven't seen it, then don't bother. It's time you'll never get back. 

When people mention Hokuto no Ken, what is it specifically that they're mentioning? Because the movies and OVAs are generally superb, but the TV series suffers from being agonizingly padded out. 

My list is one of few so here I go.

• Saint Seiya
  • Hunter X Hunter (both versions)
  • Serial Experiment Lain
  • Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (not counting fillers)
  • Attack on Titan
  • Digimon Adventure too...
  • Devil May Cry (yes there was an anime version)

But my all time favorite series don't need any presentation. Just look at my avatar...

• Malice@Doll
  • Mousou Dairinin (aka Paranoia Agent)
  • Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen (and first part of Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor)
  • Gantz (with Gantz 2nd Stage, of course)
  • Kill Me Baby (the funniest thing I ever seen)
  • Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (with Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai, but first season is closer to me. It's just soaked of teen spirit, I love it! And cool mystic/detective)
  • Egao (just a short music video)
  • Clannad: Afterstory (not a favorite I think, but most beautiful story I ever seen)
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun + Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (epic and pretty teen♥girls adventures)
  • Angel Beats! (very inspiring thing)
  • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (with second season. Another most funniest thing I ever seen)
  • Serial Experiment Lain

Here's my anime list and profile btw.

Edited by Lainos

Personal favourites from this year: Yuru Camp, Hinamatsuri, SAO Alternative: GGO, and Asobi Asobase. There's a ton of stuff I either haven't finished or have been interested in seeing this year though.

Personal favourites not counting stuff from this year is a moderately longer list:

Kill la Kill

Nichijou

JoJo (Diamond is Unbreakable specifically, Parts 1 through 3 were good but Part 4 is a different beast entirely and I love it. Part 5 is also really good so far)

KonoSuba

Gabriel DropOut

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Mob Psycho 100

Toradora!

Again though, there's so much out there that I still need to watch, including a bunch of classics that I've pretty much neglected entirely.

I was at a friend's house and watched most of the first season of Baki on netflix; that has quickly become one of my favorite animes of all time now. It's just so rediculous on another level and literally everything has a big, over-in-depth explanation to it, including character backstories, that I could eventually only laugh at the amazingly exaggerated nature of them all, but it's great just let it happen. I'm pretty sure everything is just bullshit filler in order to lead up to the next fight and present it's epicness properly, as it should be. Also the fights are over-the-top in such a way that the entire thing (including the previous point) reminds me of my love for old C-list kung fu movies made way before I was born, except way more gory and oh my god. Also has Spike and Vash as voices of somewhat main characters. Great show, very gory; would totally recommend. Looking forward to finishing the season, as well as whenever the second one comes out. May actually have to subscribe to netflix now...

Really generic, but Dragon Ball (and Z) and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for me.

I try to get into others, but they always feel too derivative (at least the popular ones).

Also Homestuck.

5 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Do not discuss piracy sites on Doomworld.com.

Sorry but what do you mean we can.t talk about 3rd party sites An did you just deleted some of  those comments how well I am still new to doomworld it means I might not know some things  I just join in September 2018 i guest  but. I am sorry for the thing I did

3 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

Sorry but what do you mean we can.t talk about 3rd party sites An did you just deleted some of  those comments how well I am still new to doomworld it means I might not know some things  I just join in September 2018 i guest  but. I am sorry for the thing I did

The site that you and a few others were referring to is a piracy site. I hid some posts to remove it from the thread. Just don't do it again, okay?

If It still counts if I can post here, then I'm gonna try to write a kind-of-decently-long list with all Animes I like, as I don't have a number one favorite nor an order from 1 to 10, 1 to 20, etc.

Boogiepop Series (Though right now I'm watching Boogiepop Wa Warawanai)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures

Tokyo Ghoul Series

Fate Series

Steins;Gate

Persona Animations (It's a videogame, but I'm counting their Animes)
Attack on Titan

Knights of Sidonia

One Punch Man

Boku No Hero

Blame!

Overlord (I haven't really seen it, but I like it... yeah, I'm weird)

Serial Experiments Lain (Same as above, haven't seen it all but I kind of like the concept of it, though it's confusing as hell... In the first episode.)

Goblin Slayer

Berserk (I haven't seen the anime nor read the manga, but it's pretty interesting to be honest.)

Angels of Death (Sometimes a tid bit exaggerated but it's good overall.)

Magical Index (Kind of, at least. It's exaggerated but it has a good concept and interesting things.)

Code Geass (It was the... First? 50-episodes anime I've seen)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Castlevania Anime (Netflix Anime, yes.)
Haikyuu!!

Bungou Stray Dogs

Re: Zero

Ergo Proxy (I could finish this anime, I remember watching it some time ago and it was kind of confusing, but overall it was good and had a nice opening.)

I can't remember any more animes I liked, my memory is pretty bad. (Really, sometimes my head hurts when trying to remember this kind of things.)

3 hours ago, Archanhell said:

If It still counts if I can post here, then I'm gonna try to write a kind-of-decently-long list with all Animes I like, as I don't have a number one favorite nor an order from 1 to 10, 1 to 20, etc.

Boogiepop Series (Though right now I'm watching Boogiepop Wa Warawanai)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures

Tokyo Ghoul Series

Fate Series

Steins;Gate

Persona Animations (It's a videogame, but I'm counting their Animes)
Attack on Titan

Knights of Sidonia

One Punch Man

Boku No Hero

Blame!

Overlord (I haven't really seen it, but I like it... yeah, I'm weird)

Serial Experiments Lain (Same as above, haven't seen it all but I kind of like the concept of it, though it's confusing as hell... In the first episode.)

Goblin Slayer

Berserk (I haven't seen the anime nor read the manga, but it's pretty interesting to be honest.)

Angels of Death (Sometimes a tid bit exaggerated but it's good overall.)

Magical Index (Kind of, at least. It's exaggerated but it has a good concept and interesting things.)

Code Geass (It was the... First? 50-episodes anime I've seen)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Castlevania Anime (Netflix Anime, yes.)
Haikyuu!!

Bungou Stray Dogs

Re: Zero

Ergo Proxy (I could finish this anime, I remember watching it some time ago and it was kind of confusing, but overall it was good and had a nice opening.)

I can't remember any more animes I liked, my memory is pretty bad. (Really, sometimes my head hurts when trying to remember this kind of things.)

Serial experiments lain  the first episode is awesome the others as well 

Re zero is good to Tokyo ghoul is good as well it is so cool what a normal school girl can do lain can do supernatural things an she hear as well she can see ghost the first episode of serial experiments lain is awesome

I've never been real keen on anime, but I like a couple different shows. My favorites are Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments: Lain and Akira which was the first anime I sat through and enjoyed. I have a few others I'm wanting to watch when I have time. Just started Ergo Proxy again tonight with some buddies. I think the next one I watch will be Genocyber.

Edit: I did watch some of One Punch Man. Pretty funny :)

On 1/7/2019 at 3:06 PM, haruko haruhara said:

Serial experiments lain  the first episode is awesome the others as well 

Re zero is good to Tokyo ghoul is good as well it is so cool what a normal school girl can do lain can do supernatural things an she hear as well she can see ghost the first episode of serial experiments lain is awesome

oh I died for an entire week, again.

I may watch Serial Experiments Lain again if I have time, though I'm currently watching three animes: Boogiepop wa Warawanai, JoJo's Ougon no Kaze and Magical Index III, also have to finish Angels of Death, lol

Edit: I recommend Boogiepop btw

I've got quite a bit, actually.

Attack on Titan

Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo

One Punch Man

Mob Psycho 100

Paranoia Agent

FLCL

Detective Conan

Doraemon

Space Battleship Tiramisu

Mobile Suit Gundam

Gundam: 08th MS Team

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories

Gundam Unicorn

Gundam Build Fighters

Edited by Lizardcommando

I never really watched anime until I went back to school and met a guy who loved them. My only experience with anime before that was Dragon Ball Z, and it is shit. I'm sure that will piss some people off, but that was my first experience with anime. "Oh, so they've been fighting for the last five episodes and nothing has happened?" "Yeah".

So after getting anime recommended to me again, I watched a few series, and I did start to appreciate some anime. Not all of them, but I did end up really liking Attack on Titan, Soul Eater, Death Note, and One Punch Man. 

Edit: Forgot about Full Metal Alchemist. I enjoyed that series as well.

Edited by Jello

I'm really bad at picking favorites but here's a few that come to mind.

Toradora: what can I say, taiga is way too cute. A romantic comedy that manages to be funny and engaging. I can live with this. 

Oshiete! Galko-Chan!: how can a series that has three girls talking about boobs be so fucking pure what the hell is this an anomaly of life.

Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon: how can a series created by a well known oppai loli fetishist be such a sweet and engaging take on life? I guess this is how.

Spice and Wolf: the meme goes that you get into it due to the wolf girl and instead get smacked by hardcore economics, but I dunno, there's still plenty of wolf. I quite like both at the end of the day.

Konosuba: it's funny. It's got a cast of lovably flawed and broken characters. It basically feels like a game of Dragon Quest in anime form, and that's pretty nice. Isekai runner up is re:zero, quite the enjoyable show but thoughts on it seem more polarizing.

Hidamari Sketch: there's some debate in communities I'm in on whether or not it's the purest SHAFT experience out there, but it's probably one of the purest things in existence overall.

Steins;Gate: pure suffering in the form of an anime. A bit of a heavy watch, but it's super engaging and it's got some lighter elements so you aren't 100% depressed all the time.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: It's a classic, and I quite enjoy it. It's sad that there will never be more haruhi anime, but what's already there is very good.

ed: if I keep on thinking about it longer this list will be infinitely long so just one edit:

Yuru Camp: So it's maybe not Hidasketch levels of pure, but it sure is warm and cozy. The adventures of a bunch of girls camping in just barely above freezing weather seems like an anomaly to have resonated this well with me, but it's just too cozy.

There are way too many holes in my watchlist, ugh...

Edited by InsanityBringer

(The list isn't in order, I love all of these equally.)

FLCL - The style, soundtrack, and energy of this one's incredibly addicting. Progressive was kinda okay though.

Mob Psycho 100 - OPs are a hook, characters are also hooking. ONE has a hook. Bless you, ONE.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Iconic, Depressing and other stuff. I enjoyed this one, and I really love its psychological elements.

Serial Experiments Lain - Really nice watch if you enjoy tech and cyber stuff, sick soundtrack too.

My Hero Academia - Pretty good, I love the way they handle the characters and such.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Everything about this, I love. The Fashion, The Over the Topness, The Designs, everything is just Mwah. Amore.

5 hours ago, CosmicSoftness said:

(The list isn't in order, I love all of these equally.)

FLCL - The style, soundtrack, and energy of this one's incredibly addicting. Progressive was kinda okay though.

Mob Psycho 100 - OPs are a hook, characters are also hooking. ONE has a hook. Bless you, ONE.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Iconic, Depressing and other stuff. I enjoyed this one, and I really love its psychological elements.

Serial Experiments Lain - Really nice watch if you enjoy tech and cyber stuff, sick soundtrack too.

My Hero Academia - Pretty good, I love the way they handle the characters and such.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Everything about this, I love. The Fashion, The Over the Topness, The Designs, everything is just Mwah. Amore.

Flcl is awesome