Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I.C.H.I. Znot

PS1 DooM music converted to MIDI grab here.

I will listen to this soon! I have some possibly unfounded comments. With the Doom 64 soundtrack I noticed it seemed all of the samples and outputs were at 22.05 kHz (at least it sounded like this to me). But the PS1 soundtrack sounded like it was at 44.1 kHz. If this is the case this soundfont you provided may be a better one to work with than the Doom 64 one in many cases.

Excellent work, it really is very similar to the work I did with the midis of PsxDoom in the Gzdoom [GEC] Master Edition.

@I.C.H.I. Znot that's a very good job you did here! But I must say I already have these tracks for the PSXDoom in GZDoom [GEC] Master Edition, I project I worked on with my brother since early 2016. In other hand I praise your hard work because nothing could stop you to get these tracks out! Very well done!

Edited by Gerardo194

Thanks!
I had fun when used this soundfont with another midis. It's sounds like a singing monsters/demons from PSX Doom with accompaniment of gunfires and stuff =)

P.S. The sound effects which are included also in midi format.

@I.C.H.I. Znot I have to thank you so much, you pretty much fixed what the GEC didn't with Vexation and Demon Drone being silent after playing once as well as have looped samples of the demonic chants and moans in The Foulness and Breath of Corruption.

14 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

@I.C.H.I. Znot I have to thank you so much, you pretty much fixed what the GEC didn't with Vexation and Demon Drone being silent after playing once as well as have looped samples of the demonic chants and moans in The Foulness and Breath of Corruption.

Yeah @Impboy4 There you have your "fixed" samples, now everybody is happy about it, yay! :D

Now we can ask Kaiser if he can fix the ones from Doom64

Edited by Gerardo194 : :D

29 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

Yeah @Impboy4 There you have your "fixed" samples, now everybody is happy about it, yay! :D

Now we can ask Kaiser if he can fix the ones from Doom64

What's wrong with the Doom 64 samples?

Some tracks still have octaves and delta time not 100% accurate as heard in PSX itself. Is that my issue or what?

@mr-around it will never be heard 100% accurate as PSX itself, SPC makes octaves and delta time sound different besides it adds each track its own reverb effect that lacks here and ours, but I can assure you have everything OK here because we had this same code before my bro decoded the WMS sound format or something like that. Where you can find certain differences is in Final DOOM soundtracks but I love how it sounds :)

I'm currently listening to the MIDIs in my MIDIs folder with the soundfont and it sounds hilarious!

I'll record some later in Audacity.

My favorite Doom2 tracks using PSX soundfonts are: the intermission screen and stats screen, both are terribly hilarious.

Well, after studying the soundfont, I found that there are 3 samples that are off-key: 93, 95, and 98. They are pitched a semi-tone higher than what it should sound from the GEC soundfont. Ugh, inaccuracies why must you bother me still?

EDIT: I fixed those off-key samples. Have an updated soundfont for your thoughts.

Fixed_DOOMSND.zip

Edited by Impboy4 : Updated soundfont