Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boondorl

What version of the BFG 9000 do you like best?

There's like a million versions and I'm not sure which to add into the game since I'm fine with any of them. Which one is your favorite?

The originL, even though I don't know how to get the best out of it. 

The original is best ofc, but has anyone seen the BFG in the beta version? It fires the same way the Firemace does in Heretic.

Doom (2016) , it looks and feels hefty and packs a punch.

EDIT: Oh hang on , if its classic DOOM we're talking then definitely the original.

The original. Just because it has a higher skill ceiling than the rest while still being awesome even if you have no idea what you are doing.

I found the Doom 64 one sounded more powerful. Quake 2's BFG did work in an interestingly different way.

None. It's lazy weapon for lazy people IMO. If i ever use BFG, only when need to deal with multiple AVs at same time.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

Quake 2's BFG

It's BFG10K.

The only thing I don't like about the classic BFG is how unclear that mechanics are. That and the fact that it completely annihilates any reason to use the Plasma Rifle, but that's an easy enough fix. Maybe having it shoot 360° out of the player would help, that way it can still shotgun but doesn't leave more casual players confused as to why it never seems to hit anything when they turn after firing.

3 hours ago, Boondorl said:

That and the fact that it completely annihilates any reason to use the Plasma Rifle

I don't think that's completely true. If you have a bunch of low/mid tiers in your face and need to get rid of them ASAP, the Plasma Rifle is always the best solution.