Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters Features I Wish To End Up In Eternal

I wonder if many features from those shooters will be included in Doom Eternal. We're already getting Perfect Dark's Counter-Operative mode as Invasion, but here are the other things that I hope end up in the game.

Map layout changing depending on the difficulty you pick, along with getting different mission objectives depending on the difficulty. For example, you get less objectives on I'm Too Young To Die, but on Nightmare you get all of them.

Split-screen multiplayer with bots. Come on, who doesn't want these?

Fully customizable multiplayer like in Perfect Dark and Timesplitters.

Fun cheats like the ability to play the single player mode as a Baron.

Map Maker (Snapmap in Doom 4) making a return with more stuff.

More character customization, with the option to play as a female Doom Marine. Also have the ability to use your Marine in the single player.

The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro should be powerful enough to have all these things. I don't care about graphics, I want amazing gameplay and a ton of wonderful features.

About Snapmap, I think that they already said that it's not gonna be in Eternal, which is such a bad thing. I think that all of us wanted to have a more powerful tool to create maps. 

15 minutes ago, Martin-CAI said:

About Snapmap, I think that they already said that it's not gonna be in Eternal, which is such a bad thing. I think that all of us wanted to have a more powerful tool to create maps. 

With the current version of Snapmap that we have in Doom 4, it would have been amazing to include it in Eternal with even more stuff.

I'd much rather we got a new Timesplitters in all honesty.

Just make Doom Eternal a bigger Doom 2016. Maybe even leave off competitive multiplayer if its going to be like 16's and not waste space.

15 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Split-screen multiplayer with bots.

Unlikely to be a thing.

Fully customizable multiplayer like in Perfect Dark and Timesplitters.

Depends on what you mean by "fully customizable". Either way, if DOOM '16's MP component is anything to go by, chances are this'll be restricted to private matches.

Fun cheats like the ability to play the single player mode as a Baron.

Very unlikely.

Map Maker (Snapmap in Doom 4) making a return with more stuff.

This has already been confirmed to not be included.

More character customization, with the option to play as a female Doom Marine.

Possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Depends on what you mean by "fully customizable". Either way, if DOOM '16's MP component is anything to go by, chances are this'll be restricted to private matches.

Old-school multiplayer, not a modern one.

7 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Old-school multiplayer, not a modern one.

You definitely went for an odd choice of words in that case.

1 hour ago, MFG38 said:

You definitely went for an odd choice of words in that case.

Wait, Perfect Dark had fully customizable options in its multiplayer, and that game is old-school.

Snapmap won't be returning but they've gone on to say they're considering mod support and have already retooled their engine to better permit it. The question is if they'll have the opportunity to release modding tools post-release.

3 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Snapmap won't be returning but they've gone on to say they're considering mod support and have already retooled their engine to better permit it. The question is if they'll have the opportunity to release modding tools post-release.

Modding support for Eternal worries me a little honestly.

12 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Modding support for Eternal worries me a little honestly.

Agreed, the possibility of seeing "Creation Club" on the main menu scares me, as much as I love BGS's games, the publishing division or Zenimax themselves might try push it into Eternal.

57 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

Agreed, the possibility of seeing "Creation Club" on the main menu scares me, as much as I love BGS's games, the publishing division or Zenimax themselves might try push it into Eternal.

Well that's not the main reason I got worried, but you did bring up a great point.

6 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I don't think they'll force them add the CC if modding does turn out to be a thing, not after all the rage it caused.

they're still doing damage control for 76 as well.
I do wish snap map was a thing because it wasn't bad for a first shot in Doom 4, far better than forge was when Halo 3 came out.