Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Any Software That Takes Pictures Of Doom Maps?

For some time, I have been using SLADE v3.0.2 to save map images of maps from Doom WADs that I feature in my Doom WAD playthrough videos on YouTube. However, I was wondering if there was a more simpler software that takes pictures of Doom maps. I could use the latest version of Slade3, but still, any ideas?

There are two ways to take screenshots of DOOM maps from within GZDBBF, GZDB or DBX

1. Save Screenshot (F10 or Ctrl+F10)

Spoiler

DXOlvmA.png

2. Automap Mode and Ctrl+F10

Spoiler

UR6uLDx.png

or external apps, like:

MWSnap

XnView

IrfanView

Edited by Kappes Buur

So, there is this Tool, called Automapper. Yet, it seems a bit barebones. Then there‘s also WAD2SVG, although I never got this to work properly. 

Other than that I am not aware of any nice renderers for Doom maps. I would love to have a tool like this, which can export a proper .pdf / .ai vector file and maybe has options such as different color schemes, line thickness, etc. 

Addendum to my post above:

At times it may be desirable to have a screenshot of a map without the bounding linedefs.

For example:

Spoiler

4LjJNYO.png

This can be done easily with GZDB or GZDBBF.

Spoiler

This also works with DB2 or DBX, but those lack the facility to not render the grid.

When it comes to saving map images with Slade v3.1.4, how can I edit the options for how map images are saved? For example, let's say I wanted to save the images with white backgrounds, without thing spots, as well as 800x600 dimensions. How can I do that?

5 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

When it comes to saving map images with Slade v3.1.4, how can I edit the options for how map images are saved? For example, let's say I wanted to save the images with white backgrounds, without thing spots, as well as 800x600 dimensions. How can I do that?

What you can do in Slade3 is fairly limited, yet may be enough for your purposes.

But the Slade WIKI has this to say.

Edited by Kappes Buur

@Kappes Buur Oh, now this is an interesting find! So you can change color schemes and line thickness. That's very great. Thank you really much.