Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

E1M5 UV-Speed in 0:55 (0:55.77)

Spoiler

So pleased with this time. So many obstructions that take the seconds away + elevator timing.

e1m5-05577.zip

Edited by Dwaze

Thanks, Zero Master!  Hearing that from the Doom God himself, it's very humbling! :D  I'm thinking about working on Episode 1 next!

BTW, I came across this glitch by complete accident in one of my Episode 4 attempts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9YgaLXJXA&feature=youtu.be

Is this the All-Ghost effect glitch?  That was the only time that ever happened to me. :P

Very much looks like it, but you'll need to show us the lmp file to say for certain.

I strongly recommend turning off intercepts overflow emulation (except in those once-in-a-million cases where you are deliberately hoping to make use of it because there is a damage/exit sector). At least that way, your attempt won't get trashed if an intercepts overflow occurs. The demo may not play back with vanilla or chocolate, but at least it will exist.

Yes, an intercepts overflow occurs around 0:05.09. Linedef 0 is close to the player start position, which helps make overflows more likely as the sergeants will tend to shoot towards it.

E1M6 UV-Speed in 0:57 (0:57.54)

e1m6-05754.zip

Too bad I lost some time at that switch where the imps are (near the end).

I might try again someday, but first some other maps. I used crispy doom this time.

https://youtu.be/CRc2Ygg7OZA

Edited by Dwaze

7 hours ago, AdamW said:

nice job dwaze, I never expected 0:55 to stand up this long :P

Thank you @AdamW! Did it stood up for 18 years? That's really impressive! I learned a lot by watching your run :).

Yeah the first 3/4 of the level is full of randomness, which made it really hard to beat 0:55 I think. Even getting a fast start takes some attempts and then comes the elevator.

Edited by Dwaze

you could probably get to 52 or 51 by cutting some rockets and relying on luck, but it'd be REALLY grind-y :/

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

you could probably get to 52 or 51 by cutting some rockets and relying on luck, but it'd be REALLY grind-y :/

True, maybe a 1 or 2 rocket for the blue key and 1 for the exit :). Not sure if I could do that hehe.

There is also this new void trick found by ZeroMaster, but I haven't looked into that at all yet. Looks incredibly difficult though. Still some possibilities.

Edited by Dwaze

Never played on NM before, so I figured I'd try something and see how it turns out after spotting this thread :v .

Likely nothing too spectacular but hey, for a first time I'm fine with it. E1M1, 1:17 and 100% secrets.

E: Oh how wonderful, my first post here HAD to be a fuck up. Of course... I'm only now noticing the pinned thread and I appear to be the only one not following the instructions in the whole thread. Whatever, but I don't know what category this fits so I wouldn't know what to put in the text file. Definitely not speedrun because it isn't one, and not max because I didn't go for 100% items.

seede1m1nm.zip

Edited by seed : Did a good job, as usual...

9 hours ago, Dwaze said:

E1M9 UV-Speed in 0:27 (0:27.74)

Good stuff once again. Which of the other Doom 1 ILs are you planning on doing?

8 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Good stuff once again. Which of the other Doom 1 ILs are you planning on doing?

Hey Thanks! I was thinking of doing a pacifist run of e1m9 and then e1m6 and e1m7 uv-speed again.

Although I'm not sure if I can beat e1m6, e1m7 for now. After that I think I'll start practicing for an episode 1 uv run (safer strats).

After that maybe some IL pwads, doom 2, doom 1, ... but more spread out. And trying to improve e1 further.

There was some interest in seeing the E1M1 fails I saved, so here they are. I didn't save all demos, but all the progression and most of the faster attempts (9.06 or below) should be there.

e1m1demos.zip