Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

58 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

i like how people are posting super detailed udmf maps filled with slopes and 3d floors, and then there's me who's posting simple boom-compatible maps.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my upcoming wad

The one I've been posting is Boom as well :). Fancy features are nice, but there's beauty in the simple things.

photos of a my wad of playable monsters mine :v (yes i love work in much wads :3) and yes, is compatible with multiplayer and deathmatch

i am working in a system with mana to use the attacks, yes the ammo is mana now, but you can get the mana only regenerating (maybe i will need playtesters to balance)

Screenshot_Doom_20190108_152422.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190108_152518.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190108_152824.png

@guitardz Yeah, well. If I see those red lines I think of "The Thin Red Line" of course. Which is not only an amazing Terrence Malik movie but also seems to have two meanings: "The Thin Red Line, an emblem representing the camaraderie of firefighters. (...)" and "Red line (phrase), a figurative phrase used in English and Hebrew meaning a limit past which something shouldn't cross safely". The second one sounds cool and fitting for a Doom map of course, so maybe, everytime one strays from the path of hallways with red lines, he is faced with incredible danger, whereas within those red lines you can find medikits, less or no monsters, etc. Or of course, if it's circuitry, there could be the element of connecting things.

OR... there could be just a shitton of monsters and a SSG!

@elend I've given it a bit more thought and decided to use red, blue, and yellow circuitry for different areas of the map.  Color coded by what key is available in that area.  And I think I've decided on the name "Chaos Circuit" the final area after the 3 key door will have a red skull key and use blood trails instead of circuits, the red skull will open the exit.  The RGY keys will be obtainable in  any order.  Each will require some hefty fighting and exploration to obtain.

A high-res version of that "skull/soul" looking background from Doom that I couldn't find anywhere online. I made it green so that I could to green screen stuff with it.

greed.png

1 hour ago, guitardz said:

Is it just me, or doesn't the pain elemental have imp arms?

Demon arms, I think.  Cyberdemon horns, and an inviso-sphere eye.

You already seem to be improving with the texturing. Looks like an interesting room. GG