Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grunt

DooMenstein v0.10 Four Level Demo... RELEASED!

This all sounds VERY suspicious to me. Why would you go to the effort of making a Wolf3d conversion for doom2 and never take the time to take any screenshots. I smell a fake.

To answer these questions in no particular order...

The link should work now.
There ARE screenshots up, the page just hasn't updated itself yet... try http://members.shaw.ca/crazyr2/shot01.jpg through shot05.jpg.
Yes, I'm working on getting hosting elsewhere.
And yes, I live in Alberta. Calgary. :)

It's so close to the original. Even scoring!
The only problem is that the wall textures have tutti frutti, and it's so gawddanm slow. Fix these and you have a pure winnar.

Another issue is that the Menu doesn't fit 100% on the screen (Kinda small) and some things that were red or blue in the orig. Wolf are now green.

Well, I've run into quite of a jiffy here, nothing that big but. When I try and run it with legacy, I keep getting this error

Your legacy.dat file is verion 0.0, you need version 1.40
Use the legacy.dat comming from the same zip file of this exe

Use -nocheckwasversion to remove this check,
but this can cause legacy to hang
Despite I've tried this already. The game works if I just double click on the 'Dstein.exe', but it runs it in Software mode, and I hate that mode cause It's really choppy at my resolution. Meh.

Wow very nice TC so far. Feels very wolfenstein-ish. My only suggestion for improvement however would be to make the enemies health alot more along the lines of the proper Wolfenstein versions of them. At the moment pretty much any enemy was down from one blast of the mini gun, which in actual Wolfenstein would never have happened.

Unlike a certen other wolf to doom conversion, this one acully feels like Wolfenstein!! The health and weapons feel perfect! one the bug are cleared up this should be great!

icemann said:

Wow very nice TC so far. Feels very wolfenstein-ish. My only suggestion for improvement however would be to make the enemies health alot more along the lines of the proper Wolfenstein versions of them. At the moment pretty much any enemy was down from one blast of the mini gun, which in actual Wolfenstein would never have happened.

WHAT? Aside from the bosses, all the Wolfenstein enemies went down after one quick burst from your chaingun. I'd say leave the enemies health where it is. It would suck if this turned out too much like Wolfendoom where the enemies where way way way too strong, which really made it no fun at all.

Ct_red_pants said:

Aside from the bosses, all the Wolfenstein enemies went down after one quick burst from your chaingun. I'd say leave the enemies health where it is. It would suck if this turned out too much like Wolfendoom where the enemies where way way way too strong, which really made it no fun at all.

Yeah! I agree entirely. They're only human after all. How long could you stand there whilst someone sprayed you with automatic fire?

Low hitpoint enemies are cool, if used well. Some of my fave doom levels are populated mainly by shotgun and chaingun guys.

Err, I kinda wish you based off of Legacy 1.40. At least that was stable. I keep getting thrown out after a bit. (and unfortunately, Legacy software mode s|_|><0rs, GL version works better:) )

...would be to make the enemies health alot more along the lines of the proper Wolfenstein versions of them. ...

The health values for the enemies ingame are exactly the same as in Wolf3D, as are the damage values. If it doesn't feel right, try a few rounds of Wolf3D and see if it helps clear things up :)

I kinda wish you based off of Legacy 1.40.

It is. :P

Trasher][ said:
DA, use the included EXE.

Well, using that exe. runs in software mode which Lags like a, laggy game. The textures are messed up in software mode and it is Very choppy and just as poor graphics as the standard Dos Doom.... Me wants to be able to use OpenGL !!

Grunt said:
The health values for the enemies ingame are exactly the same as in Wolf3D, as are the damage values. If it doesn't feel right, try a few rounds of Wolf3D and see if it helps clear things up :)

Dose that mean that shots do more damage at close range?