Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

DOOM BFA 1.2.7 (former Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG)

13 minutes ago, Mr_SquarePeg said:

Hey @MadGuy - Can we run Doom 1 wads made in GZDoom builder with this?

Just curious

If the maps follow the same format of the original Doom with the addition of generalized linedefs and scrollers then yes (plus if it is udmf and has also the remaining lumps (SEGS,SSECTORS,NODES,REJECT,BLOCKMAP) then it's also ok)

1 minute ago, MadGuy said:

If the maps follow the same format of the original Doom with the addition of generalized linedefs and scrollers then yes (plus if it is udmf and has also the remaining lumps (SEGS,SSECTORS,NODES,REJECT,BLOCKMAP) then it's also ok)

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated :)

5 minutes ago, Mr_SquarePeg said:

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated :)

P.S. Hmm Interesting Gzdoom Builder can show you the sector index numbers, that can surely help to put reverbs on maps using REVERBD

And just released a small patch that brings back original NERVE music order and par times and If you want the download link JUST LOOK THE OP

After figuring out that ID use the flames of hell to solder game dll on the executable I took Doomguy's chainsaw cut it in half and fixed (most of) the link error it had and now it works the game dll is back on BFG

A hot fix for the game.dll is now available, plus I release an exclusive edition of this port called legacy Edition you can check it on moddb, this edition is essentially forced to use the game.dll in order to work (like the OG Doom 3)

And Linux Support is back with game dll support(plus freelook on Doom 1 & 2)

And if you want to know more READ THE OP

No graphics in Linux

**Describe the bug**
Under Ubuntu Linux, i can hear the sound, but don't see anything. I can interact with the game via the keyboard though.
I have reinstalled Ubuntu a few days ago. So it might be possible, that i missed any step of the preparation installs (do i miss any file or program?). Or is it the beta-stage of the compiled executable? In the attached zip-file is the output in the terminal with error messages.

Greetings

Funduke

consoleoutput.zip

7 hours ago, funduke said:

No graphics in Linux

**Describe the bug**
Under Ubuntu Linux, i can hear the sound, but don't see anything. I can interact with the game via the keyboard though.
I have reinstalled Ubuntu a few days ago. So it might be possible, that i missed any step of the preparation installs (do i miss any file or program?). Or is it the beta-stage of the compiled executable? In the attached zip-file is the output in the terminal with error messages.

Greetings

Funduke

consoleoutput.zip

Have you installed your GPU drivers?

As it seems it's using some basic drivers and it fails to compile the shaders

I guess I can put it on the list of compatibility drivers, but don't expect to get good graphics quality.

Edited by MadGuy

9 hours ago, MadGuy said:

Have you installed your GPU drivers?

As it seems it's using some basic drivers and it fails to compile the shaders

I guess I can put it on the list of compatibility drivers, but don't expect to get good graphics quality.

I installed the proprietary NVIDIA drivers, rebootet, and now it plays fine as intended.

Many thanks for the help.

Greetings

Funduke

Thank you.

I got Version 1.1.12.8 working on linux and got even the launcher functional now.

--

Edit: Is that "Open Platform" -thing of any use for normal players (like me), or is it only for developers?

If it's the first case, how would i have to use it?

Greetings

Funduke

Edited by funduke

6 hours ago, funduke said:

Thank you.

I got Version 1.1.12.8 working on linux and got even the launcher functional now.

--

Edit: Is that "Open Platform" -thing of any use for normal players (like me), or is it only for developers?

If it's the first case, how would i have to use it?

Greetings

Funduke

It's for both. Just download the Open Platform with steam and extract the openplatform.so in the game's base directory and the libsteam_api in the directory where the executable is. After that just make a steam_appid.txt in the executable's directory and write in it the game's id (208200)

11 hours ago, MadGuy said:

It's for both. Just download the Open Platform with steam and extract the openplatform.so in the game's base directory and the libsteam_api in the directory where the executable is. After that just make a steam_appid.txt in the executable's directory and write in it the game's id (208200)

I did that in both, the steam version and in your source port version of the game. I can still play both of them. but what's the difference? What is the use of your Open Platform files?

Greetings

Funduke

25 minutes ago, funduke said:

I did that in both, the steam version and in your source port version of the game. I can still play both of them. but what's the difference? What is the use of your Open Platform files?

Greetings

Funduke

Steam Achievements of course (and when I will manage to figure out how to use right matchmaking & lobbies then it might get even MP)

Steam achievement progress notifications is ON

Spoiler

Did you know that in order to get the "I like to watch" achievement you had to collect ONLY 14 video disks?

Bump for the new update with integrated Classic Doom's object to game dll and the inclusion of open platform with steam binaries in the released zips