Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doom64 Sprites & Sounds for Vanilla Doom2/Final Doom

The use for the Motherdemon for the Arch-Vile is an odd choice, plus I find it a bit large heightwise.

I agree, but really wasn't sure what to replace it with - The default Doom2 archie would feel so out of place among this crew I think. I'm also considering some way to make the zombiemen more distinct, perhaps a more stark difference in their colors will do it

So this was made with Doom 64 For Doom II on DosBox or Boom in mind? Other than some of the sprites being a little low res and the shotgunners and zombiemen looking so much alike, great job, actually works really well with D64 for Doom II:)

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I agree, but really wasn't sure what to replace it with - The default Doom2 archie would feel so out of place among this crew I think. I'm also considering some way to make the zombiemen more distinct, perhaps a more stark difference in their colors will do it

I've always said simply making their palette better resemble the original Shotgun Guys should be more than good enough.

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Just for fun, I decided to make a vanilla-compatible compilation of all the Doom64 sprites and sound effects!

That means this mod is compatible with 90% of source ports out there right?

Yep, it should run in pretty much everything! It even works in Doom95 which to me says it should work everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Yep, it should run in pretty much everything! It even works in Doom95 which to me says it should work everywhere.

Does it work on Atari 2600 Doom?

Yes! (lol no)

There would be something really funny about playing what started as an N64 game ported all the way down to Atari 2600 though..

1 minute ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

So will the Unmaker included?

I think that'd be pretty tricky without an advanced source port... I mean, what weapons could be replaced? Not to mention the altered functionality of the Unmaker via the Demon Keys.

But there's a reason he said it's a bootleg version. Think of it like the Chinese hackers removing the company credits from the title screen. :)

I was going to get you a screenshot that also demonstrates that this really works with any port, but then the port in question gave me this nonsense:

Spoiler

noteveryport.png.b442ac0772bf1c4288a88ff3cd68b27c.png

So it's a good thing I had a backup plan! Here you go.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20190120_154935.png.a8e00f23110c7df8385e468ce4715102.png

I think this is the moment that finally allowed me to truly appreciate Master Edition's existence.

Holy crap, running a mod that turns the enemies into the Doom64 versions in Doom64 EX is way too meta for me, lol. Thanks for the screenshot! What port were you using there that actually allowed it to run?

Now we just need a wad that replaces the vanilla textures with the Doom 64 ones and we can play Doom 64 inside Doom 2 >:D (for the 5th time)

FearTheReaper lmfao that is definitely not intended, which port is doing that? It’s pretty hilarious though!

SOSU That would actually be awesome, you could play most custom wads in a full Doom64-like style that way. Too much work for me but I like the idea a lot

3 hours ago, SOSU said:

Now we just need a wad that replaces the vanilla textures with the Doom 64 ones

Something like that?

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

FearTheReaper lmfao that is definitely not intended, which port is doing that? It’s pretty hilarious though!

SOSU That would actually be awesome, you could play most custom wads in a full Doom64-like style that way. Too much work for me but I like the idea a lot

Doom Retro, not that is awful but kind of distracting.

18 hours ago, FearTheReaper said:

Doom Retro, not that is awful but kind of distracting.

FWIW, this issue will be fixed in the upcoming version of DR.

Next up: a texture pack that replaces only the patches in such a manner that any WADs using non-custom textures will look like they're new Doom 64 levels.

Please. :P

Just now, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Well you can play Doom 64 for Doom 2 with the Doom 64 weapons only mod by Nevander.

But this is compatible with vanilla source ports :P