Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Crispy Doom 6.0 (Update: Mar 31, 2023)

3 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Before your reply, I also tried installing the latest version from the link you shared near the top of the page, and that seems to be having the same problem with any IWAD

With "problem" you mean that the program prints neither to the terminal window nor to stdout/err.txt? Well, that's expected behavior on Windows that I tend to forget.

3 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

unless I specify it in command prompt or by using the setup program's warp function, but even those still won't let me play Chex Quest.

Chex will be fixed in tomorrow's daily build. Thanks for the report!

I've been playing around with this port for a while and it's really nice! Just a couple comments I have:

I'm not sure if it's something wrong on my end, but I'm not able to drag and drop PWADs onto the .exe for some reason? The program will load but the WAD stuff won't. They do work through the command line, but usually I just like to drop the WAD on the exe and get going quicker from there. Works with every other port I've used, not sure why it's not working with this one. I'm using Windows 10 64bit by the way.

Also, I'd like to second MAJ's comment from earlier in the thread that I would prefer to have the option of having exit sounds play without the ENDOOM screen also showing up too.

Hello! Unfortunately, the port does not work. When I run crispy-doom.exe, nothing happens. No window appears, nothing. At the same time, Chocolate Doom works fine. My specs: Win10 Home x64, Intel HD Graphics 630 integrated graphics card (i5 7400). Maybe there is log file that I can provide?

/sorry for my english, I am writing with the help of google translate

8 hours ago, Triple_sSs said:

I've been playing around with this port for a while and it's really nice! Just a couple comments I have:

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Triple_sSs said:

I'm not sure if it's something wrong on my end, but I'm not able to drag and drop PWADs onto the .exe for some reason? The program will load but the WAD stuff won't. They do work through the command line, but usually I just like to drop the WAD on the exe and get going quicker from there. Works with every other port I've used, not sure why it's not working with this one. I'm using Windows 10 64bit by the way.

Oh, does it work with Chocolate Doom this way? 

5 hours ago, oldfrag said:

Hello! Unfortunately, the port does not work. When I run crispy-doom.exe, nothing happens. No window appears, nothing.

Are you using Avast?

10 hours ago, fabian said:

Oh, does it work with Chocolate Doom this way?

Hmm, I just double-checked and it looks like ChocoDoom doesn't support drag and drop either. I thought it did but I guess I'm mistaken. It's something I do all the time with ports like ZDoom and such though.
Given the nature of this port, is this a feature that could be added please?

you may create another shortcut to Crispy, with "-file" in command line. this is required argument to load custom pwads. then you can d-n-d your pwads onto this new shourtcut, and it should work. i hope, it was a long time since i used any DE. but i think it should work as expected.

Hi Fabian,

I've compiled the latest (bfd2786) version of CrispyDoom from the repo, and wanted to try my luck at asking for an option to enable "precise" coordinates. As it stands, floored (or rounded?) coordinates don't really have any use for speedrunning. The coordinates really help with understanding why some things do and don't work (for example glides).

Attached a screenshot to show the rounded coordinates.

DOOM0000.png

@eLim The HUD coordinates are merely meant for coarse orientation on the map (e.g. for mappers or for taking screenshots). If you type the IDMYPOS cheat, you will see high precision coordinates which will update each tic for 10 seconds. Does this help?

Yep.

What I was asking for was actually drawing the IDMYPOS ingame, while recording. After some (rather prompt) discussion, this has been ruled as definitely cheating, so I'll quietly retreat back into my hideyhole for now hahaha.

Other than that this is definitely my speedrun port of choice now! Handles mouse input great, has vert toggle, has great mouse-strafe-speed resolution and now I can see my angle while playing? This is a goldmine!

Hi fabian, I just wanted to say thanks for the in-depth changelogs on GitHub. I recently took interest in Crispy Doom and had a lot of technical/editing questions but I seem to have found all of my answers! It seems like a very clean and well-designed port!

On 1/17/2019 at 10:47 AM, fabian said:

Are you using Avast?

No, only the standard built-in Windows Defender Antivirus. I made a video with this error. 

@oldfrag Interesting, could you please remove the lines starting with "autoload_path" and "music_pack_path" from your crispy-doom.cfg file?

54 minutes ago, fabian said:

@oldfrag Interesting, could you please remove the lines starting with "autoload_path" and "music_pack_path" from your crispy-doom.cfg file?

unfortunately nothing has changed( content crispy-doom.cfg:

Spoiler

video_driver                  ""
window_position               ""
fullscreen                    1
aspect_ratio_correct          1
integer_scaling               0
vga_porch_flash               0
window_width                  800
window_height                 600
fullscreen_width              0
fullscreen_height             0
force_software_renderer       0
max_scaling_buffer_pixels     16000000
startup_delay                 1000
show_endoom                   0
show_diskicon                 1
png_screenshots               1
mouse_acceleration_y          1.000000
mouse_threshold_y             0
snd_samplerate                44100
snd_cachesize                 67108864
snd_maxslicetime_ms           28
snd_pitchshift                0
snd_musiccmd                  ""
snd_dmxoption                 "-opl3"
opl_io_port                   0x388
use_libsamplerate             1
libsamplerate_scale           0.650000
timidity_cfg_path             ""
gus_patch_path                ""
gus_ram_kb                    1024
vanilla_keyboard_mapping      1
player_name                   ""
grabmouse                     1
novert                        1
mouse_acceleration            2.000000
mouse_threshold               10
mouseb_strafeleft             -1
mouseb_straferight            -1
mouseb_use                    -1
mouseb_backward               -1
mouseb_prevweapon             4
mouseb_nextweapon             3
dclick_use                    1
joystick_guid                 ""
joystick_index                -1
joystick_x_axis               0
joystick_x_invert             0
joystick_y_axis               1
joystick_y_invert             0
joystick_strafe_axis          -1
joystick_strafe_invert        0
joystick_look_axis            -1
joystick_look_invert          0
joystick_physical_button0     0
joystick_physical_button1     1
joystick_physical_button2     2
joystick_physical_button3     3
joystick_physical_button4     4
joystick_physical_button5     5
joystick_physical_button6     6
joystick_physical_button7     7
joystick_physical_button8     8
joystick_physical_button9     9
joystick_physical_button10    10
joyb_strafeleft               -1
joyb_straferight              -1
joyb_menu_activate            -1
joyb_toggle_automap           -1
joyb_prevweapon               -1
joyb_nextweapon               -1
key_pause                     69
key_menu_activate             1
key_menu_up                   72
key_menu_down                 80
key_menu_left                 75
key_menu_right                77
key_menu_back                 14
key_menu_forward              28
key_menu_confirm              21
key_menu_abort                49
key_menu_help                 59
key_menu_save                 60
key_menu_load                 61
key_menu_volume               62
key_menu_detail               63
key_menu_qsave                64
key_menu_endgame              65
key_menu_messages             66
key_menu_qload                67
key_menu_quit                 68
key_menu_gamma                87
key_spy                       88
key_menu_nextlevel            0
key_menu_reloadlevel          0
key_menu_incscreen            13
key_menu_decscreen            12
key_menu_screenshot           0
key_menu_cleanscreenshot      0
key_menu_del                  83
key_map_toggle                15
key_map_north                 72
key_map_south                 80
key_map_east                  77
key_map_west                  75
key_map_zoomin                13
key_map_zoomout               12
key_map_maxzoom               11
key_map_follow                33
key_map_grid                  34
key_map_mark                  50
key_map_clearmark             46
key_map_overlay               24
key_map_rotate                19
key_weapon1                   2
key_weapon2                   3
key_weapon3                   4
key_weapon4                   5
key_weapon5                   6
key_weapon6                   7
key_weapon7                   8
key_weapon8                   9
key_prevweapon                0
key_nextweapon                0
key_message_refresh           28
key_demo_quit                 16
key_multi_msg                 20
key_multi_msgplayer1          34
key_multi_msgplayer2          23
key_multi_msgplayer3          48
key_multi_msgplayer4          19
key_reverse                   0
key_toggleautorun             58
key_togglenovert              0
crispy_automapstats           0
crispy_brightmaps             0
crispy_centerweapon           0
crispy_coloredblood           0
crispy_coloredhud             0
crispy_crosshair              0
crispy_crosshairhealth        0
crispy_crosshairtarget        0
crispy_crosshairtype          0
crispy_demobar                0
crispy_demotimer              0
crispy_demotimerdir           0
crispy_extautomap             1
crispy_extsaveg               1
crispy_flipcorpses            0
crispy_freeaim                0
crispy_freelook               0
crispy_hires                  1
crispy_jump                   0
crispy_mouselook              0
crispy_neghealth              0
crispy_overunder              0
crispy_pitch                  0
crispy_recoil                 0
crispy_secretmessage          0
crispy_smoothlight            0
crispy_smoothscaling          1
crispy_soundfix               1
crispy_soundfull              0
crispy_soundmono              0
crispy_translucency           0
crispy_uncapped               0
crispy_vsync                  1
crispy_weaponsquat            0

Purely out of interest, I have compiled Crispy on macOS, what's the difference between crispy-setup and crispy-doom-setup?

23 minutes ago, Soootylad said:

Purely out of interest, I have compiled Crispy on macOS, what's the difference between crispy-setup and crispy-doom-setup?

Heritage from Chocolate Doom. It's the same binary under a different name. If started as "crispy-setup" it asks which of the four games (Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife) you want to configure, whereas when started as "crispy-doom-setup" it defaults to configuring Doom.

13 hours ago, oldfrag said:

unfortunately nothing has changed( content crispy-doom.cfg:

Hm, if you say Choco works on your system, what happens if you copy *.DLL from your Choco installation into your Crispy directory?

6 hours ago, fabian said:

Hm, if you say Choco works on your system, what happens if you copy *.DLL from your Choco installation into your Crispy directory?

I copied and overwrite the following dll's from the choco folder to the crispy folder: libFLAC-8.dll, libogg-0.dll, libpng16-16.dll, libsamplerate-0.dll, libvorbis-0.dll, libvorbisfile-3.dll, SDL2.dll, SDL2_mixer.dll, SDL2_net.dll. But again without success( I also took GTX1060 from a friend and that didn't work either. So the problem is not in the integrated video card. Very strange.

So a Hell Knight that got squished in a doorway still had some red in it. I'm wondering if this was because it was squished while my vision was tinted red from a berserk, but when a Baron got squished later on the red was visible in his remains too.

DOOM0000.png

11 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I noticed that the hud now shows when you have only the SSG, which means the number 3 turns yellow. Is that intended in 5.4?

Yes, that's intended, because you *do* have a weapon to select if you press '3'  

Just quickly wanted to drop in and say thank you for the work on this port. It's now my go-to for any vanilla-compatible content.  It's faithful but with a few logical improvements that don't feel so opinionated -- things like coloured blood would surely have been added if id had more time.

Also, the level flip feature blew my mind. I never realised how deeply I had been conditioned to turn left for the chainsaw on Map01 on first sight of that room!

Hello again, and thanks again a lot for this port. Got only one request this time (:D), which I think would be quite handy:

Mouse sensitivity for mouse strafe speed.

At the moment, if I move my mouse for about one 10th of a millimeter, the player strafes left or right with SL1 or SR1 commands. However, if I move my mouse even tiny bit faster, let's say 1 millimeter / second, it's already going FULL strafe50 that is SL50 or SR50. Would be REALLY nice if the user could change this kind of mouse behaviour. At the moment the only way to decrease this mouse strafe speed is to lower your "Mouse motion: Speed (h)", which also results in that you have hard time turning at all! So, I am requesting these two things to be a separate thing, and I think (I could be wrong!) there's an easy fix: every time the player uses "strafe on", the "Speed(h)" could be changed to "Speed (mouse strafe)", and once no "strafe on" key is pressed, it switches instantly back to the original "Speed (h)".

edit: and if such thing is possible, one decimal added to the speed (h) and speed (mouse stafe) would help a bit too :)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Looper

10 hours ago, fabian said:

Yes, that's intended, because you *do* have a weapon to select if you press '3'  

Oh ok. It has been a little confusing so far, to be honest, because I'm used to just toggle 3 to check for the SSG. Not a big deal though, I guess one could adapt to it. However, is there a chance that it could be optional?

On 1/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, ketmar said:

you may create another shortcut to Crispy, with "-file" in command line. this is required argument to load custom pwads. then you can d-n-d your pwads onto this new shourtcut, and it should work. i hope, it was a long time since i used any DE. but i think it should work as expected.

Sorry I'm late to respond, but I just tried this and it does work using a shortcut! This looks like a good workaround, thanks.

19 hours ago, Looper said:

every time the player uses "strafe on", the "Speed(h)" could be changed to "Speed (mouse strafe)", and once no "strafe on" key is pressed, it switches instantly back to the original "Speed (h)".

Good idea, I think that's pretty straightforward to implement, thanks!

14 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

However, is there a chance that it could be optional?

No. But would it help to display '9' instead of '3' in the widget if only the SSG is available? Hm, I guess not...

20 hours ago, Looper said:

edit: and if such thing is possible, one decimal added to the speed (h) and speed (mouse stafe) would help a bit too :)

No, sorry, that's an integer config value.

Downloaded the 5.4 binary from the GitHub but kept getting consistent stuttering/hitching every few seconds. Happened with both limited and uncapped framerate as well as with Vsync on and off and in windowed and fullscreen, nothing fixed it. Downloaded the latest daily build at the time and the issue was gone.